Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    Serious? So did I :pac:

My catch phrase for four years, "Ah sure, its all spoof" :D
    Stop taking over my LIFE! :pac:

That is weird though! UCC? Class of '10?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

D'Agger wrote: »
    Stop taking over my LIFE! :pac:

That is weird though! UCC? Class of '10?

UCC. Graduated in October :D

Jaysus, you could have tutored me :pac:

UCC. Graduated in October :D

Jaysus, you could have tutored me :pac:
    Not that I tried to, but they wouldn't let me tutor, you'd be alot worse off if they had I'd say!

Not that I tried to, but they wouldn't let me tutor, you'd be alot worse off if they had I'd say!

My head would have been just as stuck in Halo and COD in the labs, with or without you, D'Agg :D

Twas flash games in my day...or boards

Simpler times really!

Anybody starting to make weekend plans?

• Advertisement

Simpler times really!

Think I was the first person who started bringing in portable versions to put on the server for everyone to download. Remember people from the years above being mad to get CS and Halo etc.

Ultimately ended with a small telling off for that :pac:

Can't decide on whether to stay in Dublin or head to Cork, but nothing major planned. Meant to meet a wimminz tonight, and that frees my weekend up nicely, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Simpler times really!

Angry Birds got me through so much of college! And a bridge building game, cause, y'know, engineering, had to keep my dossing relevant. :p

I've a date on Saturday. :D Not just any date though, it's our second date! :eek: I know that means nothing to any of ye, but trust me when I say that traditionally I haven't done terribly well with women, so a second date (embarassingly) is a bit of a big deal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Bah. I've to write a "personal statement" as to why I should be accepted into college.

Something along the lines of "I think I should get a parachute cause I'm great". :pac:

I'm far too modest for this. And being out of college for 2 years I'm gone a bit rusty at bullshitting... :(

Edit: Also, empty gym is best gym! :)

Sociology exam last year - 3 essays in 4 hours, covered probably 20+ pages, believed NONE of it. :D
    ...or at least I remember mentally going "man this is bs" when writing chunks of it!

Ah college...

Sociology exam last year - 3 essays in 4 hours, covered probably 20+ pages, believed NONE of it. :D
    ...or at least I remember mentally going "man this is bs" when writing chunks of it!

Ah college...

When you get to the stage that you make yourself laugh at the bolloxology you've just come out with, you know you're in free flowing, top notch BS form.

College nostalgia moment right now!

I've a date on Saturday. :D Not just any date though, it's our second date! :eek: I know that means nothing to any of ye, but trust me when I say that traditionally I haven't done terribly well with women, so a second date (embarassingly) is a bit of a big deal. :o

Hey, Hey, Hey! Don't you go knocking yourself there fella

First dates can be difficult enough and you can often not be yourself as a result of being nervous - in my experience anyway, so getting to a second one is pretty good! Enjoy it my man!

• Advertisement

Hey, Hey, Hey! Don't you go knocking yourself there fella

First dates can be difficult enough and you can often not be yourself as a result of being nervous - in my experience anyway, so getting to a second one is pretty good! Enjoy it my man!

+ 1.

Relax anyway Kev, if she liked you the first time round, chances are, she'll like you again!

Enjoy :D

Edit: Would you look at the, eh? 6000 posts! Now, I'm off for my second date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Angry Birds got me through so much of college! And a bridge building game, cause, y'know, engineering, had to keep my dossing relevant. :p

Once you get that to the second date you know she likes you and may even possible let you touch her boob!!

I once left a girl on her own in a pub once on a first date. Told her I had to go to the jacks and Christian Baled.. Even left my jacket behind. True story. Lol

+ 1.

Edit: Would you look at the, eh? 6000 posts! Now, I'm off for my second date. :D

Tell that lady your celebrating I guess - the big 6!!

Enjoy the date man, hope it goes well!
    Slattsy wrote: »
    I once left a girl on her own in a pub once on a first date. Told her I had to go to the jacks and Christian Baled.. Even left my jacket behind. True story. Lol

Well....that's not very cool, what the hell drove you to that point?

She was weird.

I was only a young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

One of those days... Now time to relax in the couch with a drink :)
    That happened to me once.... :mad:
    I'm not weird though.

Barna77 wrote: »
    One of those days... Now time to relax in the couch with a drink :)

That happened to me once.... :mad:
    I'm not weird though.

Ha ha

Honestly it was two things. Her weirdness. And it turned out a few lads were on the soup in town too.
    Bros before hoes and all that!

A few abusive texts were received.
    But I missed that jacket!

Just watched The Inbetweeners movie there, quality.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hello there.

Hope the dates are going well. :pac:

I actually really enjoyed the dating game, i have to admit.

Generally you'd know within 3 minutes if there's potential there, but sometimes you keep it going ;)

I hope my gf doesnt know this forum!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We're all pretty normal here, mostly. :P

I kinda just butted in here outta the blue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Thank you all very much for the kind words. You're good people. :)

I may have let it slip that I can play the guitar (although I haven't in about 14 months) and now I have til early Saturday afternoon to learn the words and chords to a new song. Lovely.

She's going to be polite and compliment me regardless, but I can't do a half-assed job.

Seeing as how most of you will be seeing this tomorrow, happy Friday!! :)

At least it wasn't something ridiculous like the piano!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's F F F Friday!!

That week flew by.

Another quiet weekend on the cards for me. Planning on hitting the gym in the morning for the first time in a couple of weeks which I'm sure will be traumatic.

Having the other halfs folks up for dinner on Sunday which will keep me on my toes. Don't mind though as I do all the cooking in our house so can hide in the kitchen for a couple of hours at least!

Yup. Second weekend of every month I throw a house party / dinner party / drinking session type thing. Must try not to forget to leave work early to go to the butcher to pick up my order. Someone remind me around 16:00 !

Though last time I forgot he hand delivered it to the house on HIS way home. Starting to think I am his favorite customer. When you buy enough meat to feed 30 people, 12 times a year, I guess you get in a butchers good books.
    Having the other halfs folks up for dinner on Sunday which will keep me on my toes. Don't mind though as I do all the cooking in our house so can hide in the kitchen for a couple of hours at least!

Whats on the menu for them then? Assuming that you did not mean THEY are on the menu which is another possible reading of the above paragraph in a Hannibal Lector kinda way. Was it Red Dragon where he says "Oooo I must have you for dinner some day."

Work thing tonight.

Free bar.

Me. Winning.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Friday, thank fúck for that.

Going for a drink or two :pac: with my mates later today. Haven't seen them since before the holidays break. Fun will be had. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Jesus! That is a cruel thing to do to anybody. I have never met anyone that I could not endure for at least an hour and part civily with.

TGIF. Longest week ever. Had virtually nothing to do but still under pressure to have time allocated to clients.:(

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Jesus! That is a cruel thing to do to anybody. I have never met anyone that I could not endure for at least an hour and part civily with.
    Challenge accepted!

Many moons ago I ditched a girl I’d been dating while she was in the toilets in Coppers. In my defence, I was absolutely fluthered and somehow became convinced that she’d been gone for an hour (though it had probably been ten minutes), and Coppers being Coppers was full of mongs trying to start fights, so I decided to bail. I managed to find her friend and asked him to say goodbye and tell her that I had to run, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to sleep with her and kept it to himself :pac:

... woke up with some degree of regret the next day :P

Advertisement