Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for sincere used car dealer

Options
  • 04-07-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking for an automatic estate type vehicle
    for my artist wife. Does anyone know of a reputable used car dealer in the limerick area.
    Thank you for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Enterprise Cars have more automatics than most, and are as reputable as most I suppose.

Here's their stock, filtered by gearbox to automatic only, ordered by low-high price:

http://www.enterprisecars.com/used-cars.php?transmission_type_id=2&orderby=8

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Would you consider buying in the north?
    I bought two cars up there, both way cheaper and better spec than anything you'd get down here. You're talking saving probably €2000-€5000 depending on what you're looking for.
    Of course you'd have to pay VRT, but if the car is a few years old then it should still be cheaper than buying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Did you buy private or a main dealer up North.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liteblue

washman3 wrote: »
    Did you buy private or a main dealer up North.?

Thank you. Have purchased nothing as yet.
    Just trying to source reliable transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What’s your budget?

Find the car first, then worry about the seller. What you’re looking for is a specific niche car that most places won’t have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What’s your budget?

Find the car first, then worry about the seller. What you’re looking for is a specific niche car that most places won’t have.

Most don't have filters for "artist" when searching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Berty wrote: »
    Most don't have filters for "artist" when searching though.

Citroen Picasso?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SeanElec1

I bought in Feb 2019 from Charles Hurst in Belfast, Automatic, Diesel, although the VRT rules have changed to make petrol as attaractive. One thing to be careful about with Auto is that the oil change on an auto box is pricey and therefore is sometimes delayed / skipped by an owner who is planning to move the car on. Dependant on model and year and whether you do a simple change or a hot oil filter / clean and change its a few hundred euro up to a thousand. Just bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

"Sincere used car dealer". This is a good example of an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

I did laugh when I saw the thread title. Good one OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement