Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PBPumpkin

Mantra does a great Sunday lunch btw with plenty of space for buggys.

The special last Sunday was 3 courses with a glass of wine or bottle of beer for 19.99 - you can't beat that!

Quality of the food is excellent too.

Can't comment on niteclub or even how the bar is - don't get out much anymore ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have no idea what B2 is:)

Mantra is a fine place to go at about 11 in the day with the buggy brigade,there is plenty of buggy space and the lunch is not bad.

Now that the Riverside Bistro is gone there are not many places that you can fit loads of buggies .

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have no idea what B2 is:)

Mantra is a fine place to go at about 11 in the day with the buggy brigade,there is plenty of buggy space and the lunch is not bad.

Now that the Riverside Bistro is gone there are not many places that you can fit loads of buggies .

Haha :D B2 is their disco bar for the younger folk. It's upstairs ;) Used to be good craic, but since Mantra opened it has been dying a death. While it wasn't ever spectacular, it was a another busy choice in the town before Mantra.

The food is quite impressive in Mantra alright. It went downhill for a while late last year so I haven't been back for food since. Maybe I'll try again. I wouldn't know anything about the buggy scene yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PBPumpkin

The Riverside Bistro started promisingly but went downhill fast - the staff just did not know what they were doing, it was like they had never been in a restaurant before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

PBPumpkin wrote: »
    The Riverside Bistro started promisingly but went downhill fast - the staff just did not know what they were doing, it was like they had never been in a restaurant before.

I dunno,I only ever went there for lunch or a scone and found the service brilliant and the food good too.
    The space was the bonus loads of room for buggies and easily accessible toilets.

• Advertisement

Haha :D B2 is their disco bar for the younger folk. It's upstairs ;) Used to be good craic, but since Mantra opened it has been dying a death. While it wasn't ever spectacular, it was a another busy choice in the town before Mantra.

The food is quite impressive in Mantra alright. It went downhill for a while late last year so I haven't been back for food since. Maybe I'll try again. I wouldn't know anything about the buggy scene yet :D

I feel old now!!
    I would usually only be in Bradys for the Thursday night session and at that only made it a few times,which is pretty good sometimes:)
    Maynooth with a double buggy and a 3 year old isn't always the most accessible place!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Carrig Donn Christmas shop opened in the unit next door to the main shop.

Younger menswear shop opening where Halifax was, appears connected to the Cicero womenswear shop across the mall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Launderette opened/opening (hard to tell) in Newtown SC.

There's very few retail units left unoccupied in the town now as far as I can tell - some on the sidestreets, one on main street and two at Tesco? May have missed some though!

They do appear to be reopening as quick as they seemed to be closing.
    I wonder will Holland and Barrett actually ever open? The few in Manormills that were empty are now filled again.
    All I can think of is the old Tesco,still hoping for a Pennys,visited the one in Naas a few weeks ago and it was pretty terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I can't see that red and yellow monstrosity staying open much longer. Never see anyone in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Orion wrote: »
    I can't see that red and yellow monstrosity staying open much longer. Never see anyone in it.

We just had that conversation the other night driving past - I would usually be open to trying any new food place in the town but it's so awful looking, never seen anywhere look any less inviting

Foods actually grand, for a chipper. It's not even busy late on a Saturday night though.

Mc Donalds?

or somewhere else?

Anytime we have gone in it has been packed.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Mc Donalds?

or somewhere else?

Anytime we have gone in it has been packed.

Oh no not McDonalds - it's very tasteful in comparison! The new place where Lotus Chinese was on the Main St

I have. Ot tried that chipper.
    We need another decent Chinese.
    Royal city is about the best and it is beginning to bore me.
    Newtown inn is hit and miss and last take away from The Orient was awful:(
    Saying that my last take away from LAN Tania was a disaster and I was in love with the place despite their prices.

What we need is an Indian. The one above Caulfields was way too expensive. Food was ok if you ate in but I got deliveries twice and they both arrived cold - from down the road. I get deliveries from Celbridge and it arrives hot.

Clane has a lovely Indian,we usually order from Celbridge though.
    I would love a good local indian too.

I know one of the owners of the Clane one. I still order from Celbridge :D

I'm moving closer to Celbridge for that reason! (its still Maynooth mind).

What Indian in Celbridge would ye recommend? I've moved to Leixlip recently but not keen on the Indian here either. Live on the Celbridge Road so guessing Celbridge take aways will deliver here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Oh no not McDonalds - it's very tasteful in comparison! The new place where Lotus Chinese was on the Main St
    Really?
    Wouldnt like to see them go.
    They do an excellent quarter pounder meal /kebab meal, a lot cheaper and nicer than the other local chippers .Maximus is over rated (and had a few messed up orders from them over the years) and MAcaris in greenfield can be a little pricey.

What Indian in Celbridge would ye recommend? I've moved to Leixlip recently but not keen on the Indian here either. Live on the Celbridge Road so guessing Celbridge take aways will deliver here

Delhi Darbar, never any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

There MUST be some planning issues with a shop front like that place (red and yellow monastary:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

MYOB wrote: »
    Used Pure a few times and found little or no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Used Pure a few times and found little or no difference

Pure does the best kebabs ever. Other than that Delhi Darbar every time. It does 20% off if you order before 7. That includes eating in. One of the nicer places around to sit in. A huge improvement to the place they used to have upstairs in the old shopping centre

MYOB wrote: »

+1. Never had a bad meal from them. Eaten in there too - nice place to go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Boss Hoggs, coffee shop on the square, had a tasty cup of coffee there at the weekend, seriously good. Not child friendly though, dunno where you'd put a buggy in it.

Another Barber opening in the Main street near the bus stop at the moment, not too many empty units around the place now, good to see

SQ2 wrote: »
    Another Barber opening in the Main street near the bus stop at the moment, not too many empty units around the place now, good to see

Is that garish yellow and red the old paintwork or new at that shop? I'd hate that to become the new theme of the street.

• Advertisement

It looks like a red and white colour scheme, where the old "happy hound" purple-yellow-blue "beauty" used to "live". :o

Advertisement