Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castletown

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Well, quite frankly, a few bins aren't going to solve anything else....Infact, it will, the groups who do take their rubbish will place it in the bin, but the scum who just dump it will continue to do so, and probably set the bins on fire.

If there were regular patrols I think this would solve alot of the antosocial behaviour such as setting trees alight etc. And if the patrols would ask the people to clean up after themselves this could help.

If they don't, or cause trouble, call the cops and drop them on their parents door step. After all, they are their parents responsability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Even metal bins down by the river would not last, they would be used for kicking practice until they come free from their mountings and then dumped in the river. Bins would take away from the natural beauty of the area. You would expect civilised human beings to respect the countryside and take their rubbish away with them and dispose of properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Karlitto wrote: »
    Well, quite frankly, a few bins aren't going to solve anything else....Infact, it will, the groups who do take their rubbish will place it in the bin, but the scum who just dump it will continue to do so, and probably set the bins on fire.

If there were regular patrols I think this would solve alot of the antosocial behaviour such as setting trees alight etc. And if the patrols would ask the people to clean up after themselves this could help.

If they don't, or cause trouble, call the cops and drop them on their parents door step. After all, they are their parents responsability.

Actually you should do what I advocated to Catherine Murphy , pick them up , dispose of the drink , and take them to the Garda Stn then get the parents to pick them up.

This would wake a few parents up who would realise their little angels are not exactly angelic

Already posted in the Celbridge Survey thread but important for here.

Just a reminder on the Winter opening times of the gates at Castletown House & Parklands. The Batty Langley gate is open 06.30 to 19.30, The Celbridge Avenue gate is open 06.45 to 19.45 and the M4 Vehicle access gate is open 07.00 to 20.00hrs and the gates are open every day (including all through Christmas) and some exciting news!! There have been sightings of a swan on the pond again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Karlitto wrote: »
    Hi Baaba,

Whilst I see where you are coming from in terms of KCC not being able to introduce a bye law stating that dogs must be kept on a lead. They infact can as it is written into the control of dogs act that the local authority can enforce their own bye laws. I have read the entire act, just to make sure of my facts. There is a reason that you must have your dog on a lead under the dublin city council district at all times other than specified (depending on time of year, it is generally between 8 and 11 AM and 4-5 PM)

Now, I do agree with the general consencious here, the scumbags drinking is an issue, well, let me explain my view.

I have no problem what so ever with a couple of people going down to castletown (obviously not in the middle of the feilds....) and having a few drinks, a camp fire or even a BBQ, my issue is, the scumbags that do go down burn trees, break the trees, are abusive to passers by and leave the place in utter ****. I remember walking my dog down there one night, we met a polish family who were having a few drinks and had a little camp fire going, they were nice to talk to, and the next morning when I went down for another walk, I swear to you, there was not a single can, bottle, wrapper, the only thing that would show anyone was there was a burn patch on the ground, the sticks and rocks used for the camp fire were all gone. This I have no problem with, general courtesy and respect goes a long way.... clean up after yourself is the golden rule here, yet so much youth don't seem to get this...

I don't think putting the age to drink at 21 would do anything, your still going to have kids, by kids I mean <18 out drinking. Leave the age at 18, but do enforce heafty penalties for people who supply a minor.

Sorry- I wasn't following this thread recently. Just a point of information- if we are talking about Castletown specifically, then any bye laws that KCC introduce would not be valid. Castletown is in the care of the OPW and so KCC byelaws are null and void- the OPW have to make their own rules on this. It is similar to the canals- they are in the care of Waterways Ireland. So both in terms of control of dogs and public drinking, if it is in Castletown then the OPW or the Gardai are the bodies responsible.

• Advertisement

baaba maal wrote: »
    Sorry- I wasn't following this thread recently. Just a point of information- if we are talking about Castletown specifically, then any bye laws that KCC introduce would not be valid. Castletown is in the care of the OPW and so KCC byelaws are null and void- the OPW have to make their own rules on this. It is similar to the canals- they are in the care of Waterways Ireland. So both in terms of control of dogs and public drinking, if it is in Castletown then the OPW or the Gardai are the bodies responsible.

Good point, but to argue the case you'd need to be able to back it up with some quoted bylaw rules.
    KCC are very weak on the implementation of their bylaws so any change would probably be for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Local authority bye laws pertain to areas in the care of of the council. Properties in the care of other state agencies are administered by those agencies. Agree 100% on the poor implementation (and drawing up of) bye laws by KCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭emo72

is the car park open up there yet? sorry for bumping old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

emo72 wrote: »
    is the car park open up there yet? sorry for bumping old thread

Yes, back open a few weeks now

Advertisement