Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Downloading the beta patch now, 12.7GB of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Varik wrote: »
    Downloading the beta patch now, 12.7GB of it.

From the private beta or the technical beta? My client doesn't seem to be patching from the private beta edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I checked and have the 12gb update for my private beta on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was wondering if I'd have to download it and then realised I'm an idiot. This open beta launches this weekend? Lot of fixes in the patch. You'd wonder after all the testing during the development phase they could have caught most of this themselves?
    I hate nerfing stuff but some of it was pretty tough to deal with, although I hadn't encountered any major issues in my limited play through other than random disconnects and some invisible enemies .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Official list of changes from private to open beta. Fairly impressive just for a change of beta.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/345044/the-division-2-open-beta-updates-since-private-beta

Going to Dublin for a family event this weekend so might miss all this unfortunately, but I dont know would I have played it again anyway as I don't want to spoil the grind...

I will be buying this day one but I don't see the benefit of playing story missions and ginding out an entire week end only to have to do it all again in 2 weeks time for real again. Might pop on to get a feel how load outs work gear skills but maybe for only a couple of hours.

Yeah and it does look like they did a serious amount of re-balancing and nerfing NPC's and bosses ect

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

"Increased the team-wide cooldown for enemy NPC grenades, RC Cars, and Suicide Drones."

If this was the only thing they done I still would of been happy- Thank god they listened here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No interest in these betas, dont want to spoil anything for when the game is released :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    No interest in these betas, dont want to spoil anything for when the game is released :)

Same here

It's why I didn't play a lot of the last beta but I still played a bit to see what it was like. I'll probably play a bit of this one to see if I notice any changes. You really just want to get stuck into the game proper although if it boots me from the server every five minutes at launch I'll be genuinely furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I said to myself: don't buy it on launch, it will be cluster ****. It will be a mess! Buy it few months later when it's all ironed out.
    Now as launch date coming closer and closer, I want it more and more. Division 1 really tickled me in all right places last year.

• Advertisement

Only got Div 1....don't want to play it now for fear or overdosing on it before Div 2 comes out

Only got Div 1....don't want to play it now for fear or overdosing on it before Div 2 comes out

I would say go in now for sure. Do story part at least. Big charm on Div 1 was it's setting and world. There was nothing like it in gaming.
    That's one thing that I will miss in Div 2 and I am still disappointed that it's not in big city during winter again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Year One roadmap released. Seems pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kiith wrote: »
    Year One roadmap released. Seems pretty decent.

That looks pretty good and gives everyone a good idea of where the game is going.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Massive have said the private beta will update to the open beta client, so don't go uninstalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spear wrote: »
    Massive have said the private beta will update to the open beta client, so don't go uninstalling.

things I wish i knew yesterday

I swore I wouldn't pre-order a game.....but its pay day now and here I am with my finger hovering over the "buy" button, hoping the mrs isnt looking.

100 quid version, is it good value do you think? With the early access, and year pass stuff? Or must i remain resolute??!

I swore I wouldn't pre-order a game.....but its pay day now and here I am with my finger hovering over the "buy" button, hoping the mrs isnt looking.

100 quid version, is it good value do you think? With the early access, and year pass stuff? Or must i remain resolute??!

I bought the E100 version, it's not worth it imo, All the DLC is free, you're really paying for early access as far as I can see. I don't regret it but I'm obnoxiously stubborn at times.
    I got it for the extra stash space and am unsure if that's even a thing.

Buy standard and get the wife some flowers. Conscience problem solved.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I bought the E100 version, it's not worth it imo, All the DLC is free, you're really paying for early access as far as I can see. I don't regret it but I'm obnoxiously stubborn at times.
    I got it for the extra stash space and am unsure if that's even a thing.

Good point, so what is the point of flogging a year 1 pass if it is free? Do you get early access to it? Oh and there is the skins as well right?

the early access is only a matter of days afaik. In an era of confusing pre-order options the Division 2 is surely king. As mentioned I really only got it for the stash space nothing else seemed worth it and now I'm not sure why I got it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Decent breakdown of what the pass offers:
    https://wccftech.com/the-division-2-year-1-loot-boxes/

Up to yourself to judge its worth.

the lootboxes were very unintrusive in the first one, lets hope it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ross Kemp reading stories from the Dark Zone is just awesome :pac:

https://twitter.com/RossKemp/status/1101030075070382080?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ross Kemp reading stories from the Dark Zone is just awesome :pac:

Give me Frank Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Open beta is available for pre load.

44gb on PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Dark Zone

Good point, so what is the point of flogging a year 1 pass if it is free? Do you get early access to it? Oh and there is the skins as well right?

Actually good question about that pass. It's still unclear about its benefits. After watching that year one plan video, I was a bit puzzled by what they said about new classes. Can't remember exactly words, but it was in a spirit of: season pass owners will get new classes right away. I wonder if they will go whole rainbow six siege on our asses? Where the new operators are free, but it takes months of grinding to unlock one.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Does The Division 2 have a story based single player campaign?

Calltocall wrote: »
    Does The Division 2 have a story based single player campaign?

Yes.

The first game took a good 25 to 30 hours (assuming a high level of completion) to level a character up to level 30, where the end-game kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

- There will be three episodes in Year 1 and each come with two main missions.
    - Purchasing the Year 1 Pass allows you 7-day early access to narrative content in each episode.
    - Raids and Strongholds will be available at the same time for everyone.
    - Year 1 Pass holders also instantly unlock the three Specializations available at launch after reaching Level 30.
    - There will also be three new Specializations that will get released throughout the first year and pass holders receive them immediately.
    - Pass holders also get access to exclusive cosmetics, classified assignments that add more to the backstory, and additional bounties and projects.
    - You can acquire the Year 1 Pass with the Gold, Ultimate, or Collectors editions of the game. The pass will also be available to purchase separately after the game launch.
    - Shortly after launch, there will be Apparel Caches available for purchase. These contain only cosmetics and provide no advantage whatsoever.
    - You will be able to earn new pieces of Apparel by just playing.
    - If you wish to purchase cosmetics with money, you can purchase individual cosmetics directly in the Apparel Store.
    - Event Caches will appear for a limited time and contain unique cosmetics. These can be earned via gameplay or purchased. Once an event is over, all cosmetics from these caches will be added to the Standard pool that can still be earned.
    - Event Caches will never contain any duplicate items. Standard caches may still contain duplicates which just give you more progress towards the next cache.
    - You are able to preview Event Caches to see all the items available inside.
    - They also clarified that at endgame, all players will have the same amount of stash space.

Advertisement