Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beer a year out of date...would you drink it?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

remember what Einstein said
    drink out of date beer. watch it all come out of your rear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

I had 6 put of date cans. Plus 2 in date cans. Which Idrank first.

7 + 2 = 9

7 + 2 = 9

Well I have 1 can left so.

You've put a downer on things!

Okay hands up, this didn't work out as planned. Was gonna go for the things getting stranger thing, like some creepypasta, and start misspelling posts and so on as I described events getting darker and darker. But it all turned out to be wonderfully boring. The out of date cans were absolutely fine. I actually nearly followed all of Trance. And I'm just the in the usual 7 cans in with 1 left form, maybe slightly better than the 7 pints in pub stage when I'd be trying to figure out a way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Some years ago I stayed in a small country hotel in Dorset. Genial host remembered that he had some Irish beer in cellar. Brought up a large box of same which I proceeded to empty into my epiglottis with gusto. Well after midnight my wife noticed that the sell by date had passed three years earlier. This shocked me but after genial host apologised and cleaned my slate, I decided that the honour of my County rested on my finishing the whole kaboodle. Which I did and woke the following morning with no noticeable effects.
    Don't remember the taste much as I'd had a few snifters before the "discovery".
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I assume you mean beer 1 year after best before ? generally alcohol is Best before. The taste degrades over time. It is a preasureised vestle would have been pasteurised at some stage. Ever look at a date on a bottle of Whisky being handed around ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

You are honour bound to take a drink of gone off beer. It's one's moral duty and right of passage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

Drank some out of date cans before, tasted disgusting. It wasn't just my imagination either, since I only checked the expiration after I'd already noticed something off about it.

Advertisement