Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Enhanced" tracks thanks to guitar hero type games...

• 31-01-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

...dont you just effing love em? as a flegling bassist in the 90's i'd have loved to have heard em like this....

g'wan the junior!

cliff the way he should be heard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I love how Dave's bass lines are always so bouncy,

R.I.P (imo) is the most perfect thrash album out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I wouldnt say thats enhanced by any means its just excessive bass(and I say that as a bass player).

When it comes to megadeth I found nearly all their albums to have enough bass(unfortunatly peace sells is a big exception). If I want more then I listen to the recent remasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Patricide wrote: »
    I wouldnt say thats enhanced by any means its just excessive bass(and I say that as a bass player).

Sorry, that was my point, as a bassist too I never thought non bassist would think, hey they just turned up the bass.

These ones are indeed excessive, but there are some that are mixed so the bass sits better than it originally did, eg justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

...dont you just effing love em? as a flegling bassist in the 90's i'd have loved to have heard em like this....
    Heh, I remember thinking the same thing when these videos first appeared on YouTube. That was one of the things I had to get my head around when I took up the bass. Unlike the guitar, the bass generally doesn't drive the melody of the song and so, unless you're listening for it or your ears know what to listen for, bass parts can often pass you by. I remember sitting with the tab book for Ride The Lightning and rewinding Fade to Black over and over again to try to get the bass parts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Patricide wrote: »

When it comes to megadeth I found nearly all their albums to have enough bass(unfortunatly peace sells is a big exception). If I want more then I listen to the recent remasters.

Would have to agree 100% with you. I hate the bass sound on that version of Holy Wars. It just sounds like more just for the sake of it.

As an aside, nice to see that there are plenty of fellow bassists in this forum.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement