Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP Darren Sutherland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

RIP Darren, a tragic loss

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm stunned and saddened. RIP Darren, you brought joy to us all with your great accomplishments in the ring. Such a lot achieved in such a short life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

RIP Darren... Condolences to his mam, dad and two sisters at this horrible time. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

God Bless D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

May you rest in peace now the turmoil is over and the pain has stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PaulByrne'sBald

RIP

cant believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus I can't believe that. And in such terrible circumstances. Our thoughts are with his family. Thanks for the good times Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

very Sad, great talent and seemed to be a decent bloke

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

How sad. Condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

This is a really sad news to hear. He was a great performer, but more importantly he seemed like a really great guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jaybo

i cant believe he's gone...i was so looking forward to him becoming world champion...and he would've too.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

RIP Darren.

Thoughts are with your loved ones.

Stunned. How sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Just heard on bulletin on TV3, I'm shocked. Rest in peace champ, our thoughts are with your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

RIP.. great boxer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

RIP ... his family must be in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

R.I.P Darren
    This is shocking news,I was looking foward to seeing you fight in the future.Hope you found peace now.You will be remembered as a great Irish boxer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Very sad news to hear, my thoughts are with the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I'm in shock, had to check 3 or 4 sites before I could believe it

R.I.P. Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 1 baconca

RIP

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Irish Olympic medal-winning boxer Darren Sutherland was found dead at home today by his manager.

The 27-year-old, who won bronze for Ireland at the 2008 Games in Beijing, was found dead at his flat in Bromley, south London, by Frank Maloney.

In a statement, the boxing promoter said: 'It is very sad and unexpected.

'At this sad time my thoughts are with Darren's family and I hope their privacy at this very difficult time will be respected by the media.

'It is a tragedy for Ireland and the world of boxing.'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Sutherland was pronounced dead at just after 3pm. His death is not being treated as suspicious. His family have been informed.

The fighter made his professional debut in Dublin last December, winning by a knockout.

Sutherland won a bronze medal for Ireland in the middleweight division at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Minister for Sport Martin Cullen extended his sympathy to Sutherland's family. 'I was very saddened to hear of the death of boxer Darren Sutherland and offer my deepest condolences to his family,' he said in a statement.

'Ireland has lost a sportsman of wonderful ability, a clever and popular man with a future of real potential. His early death deprives us of a magnificent talent. May he rest in peace.'

www.rte.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ah that's a shame :(
    It's being discussed on Vincent Browne now. Jeez these things are weird. It's already "updated" on his wikipedia page.
    When the three lads came back last year it was the one white fella from Dublin that was advertising a newsagent on telly ads and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Condolences to his family and all his friends.
    Very sad day for Irish Boxing.
    RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

rip bro you were a great guy and a better friend xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

It seems Vincent Browne actually has a red muscle in his chest after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Poor crater.

God bless his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

rip darren a great boxer always seemed like a great guy too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

best wishes to his family, an unfortunate situation for all concerned.

Advertisement