Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You answered the NoSpam! question incorrectly.

• 03-04-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Eh, no I didn't...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...right

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

You need to put the "" on "Puss in Boots" if thats what your refering to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from after hours. I know there is one nospam question that requires you to put in " at the beginning and end of the sentence. Try that.

Edit: the gooner has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Do I win a prize? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Moved from after hours. I know there is one nospam question that requires you to put in " at the beginning and end of the sentence. Try that.

I wasn't logged in obviously...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ronanom wrote: »
    I wasn't logged in obviously...
    I'm guessing people thought you would have figured out that particularily blindingly obvious conclusion by yourself (gave you the benefit of the doubt), and instead thought you were trying to post anonymously on Personal Issues or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If like me, dear Reader, you have no idea what in God's name this thread is about, then it turns out that when you attempt to post unregistered (where possible), there's a "NoSpam" verification question that you must complete.

Unlike image verification, which is becoming increasingly hard to obfuscate due to more intelligent bots, NoSpam requires the application of logical understanding of a textual request in order to work. Bots have a very tough time with this, because they don't understand language.

For example, one question says, 'Please type "Puss in Boots" into the following box'. Such verification is very easy to alter so that it's slightly obfuscated. So, if someone wrote a script which captured what was in double-quotes, then all you do is change the question a little, e.g.

Don't write "Puss in Boots" into the following box, write "Alice in Wonderland" instead.

Bot defeated.

These are going to be appearing all over the web in the near future.

So ye still didn't fix this ye lazy shower of *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I smell the banhammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Problem here?

Sherifu wrote: »
    Problem here?

Yes, try answering the questions yourself..

Yes, try answering the questions yourself..
    I don't need to. Perhaps if you could articulate yourself properly, someone could answer you. A please wouldn't hurt either imo.

Sherifu wrote: »
    I don't need to. Perhaps if you could articulate yourself properly, someone could answer you. A please wouldn't hurt either imo.

For example it asks you to type in : 1 + 9 equals

When you type this in, it tells you your wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

10?

Think we're gonna need to get busy at maths out for this one.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think you can cram it where the sun don't shine :)

Have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement