Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do on weekends without drinking

• 29-08-2019 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭wally1990

So normally I'd head out Friday nights and spend all day Saturday dying or Sunday nights and die on Sunday

I'm sick of wasting my weekends, being non productive, sleeping in, eating poor food, and spending money on alcohol to feel like crap

For those who dont drink or have productive weekends (if they are your days off) what do you you.........

I'm looking for ideas

I'm want to have an alcohol free weekend this weekend

Only plan I have is get the car through the NCT sat morning at 8am and I'm free All weekend otherwise....

Any ideas?

Alchol free weekend here I come!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Park Run on Saturdays..free and you get timed. Nice way to met people
    Hill walking on Sundays, it's like a drug in a good way..very addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭tinpib

It's tricky. Friday nights have lost their 'magic' in some ways, it feels very similar to other weeknights. However Friday nigths to me is from 6pm to 11pm as I"m asleep by then, it's only a few hours, it's not 6pm to 4am now.

Saturday mornings are magical though, I usually wake up around 7am, I try and do exercise by around 8/830am.

But finding things to do sober is definitely a challenge. It may not be the most productive thing int he world but I am so fcuking relived the English Premier league has started up again, between watching games, reading comments that gets me through. I live in a small town so options are a bit more limited. But I do quite a lot of walking.

I don't miss drinking now but you certainly need to actively find things to occupy your time. Maybe reconnenct with old hobbies or try new ones?

I'm over 3,5 years sober so sober weekends are my new reality. I don't feel bored, I just feel normal, but the only way to get that feeling was through time.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

wally1990 wrote: »
    So normally I'd head out Friday nights and spend all day Saturday dying or Sunday nights and die on Sunday

I'm sick of wasting my weekends, being non productive, sleeping in, eating poor food, and spending money on alcohol to feel like crap

For those who dont drink or have productive weekends (if they are your days off) what do you you.........

I'm looking for ideas

I'm want to have an alcohol free weekend this weekend

Only plan I have is get the car through the NCT sat morning at 8am and I'm free All weekend otherwise....

Any ideas?

Alchol free weekend here I come!!!

What age are you? are you married or living alone?
    A bit more of an idea would be good for us to suggest ideas

I love weekends now, I can get up, do some errands, exercise, walk the dog, hit the gym or whatever and be done before anyone else is ready to do anything. :pac:

I've 5 a side a couple of times during the week so I enjoy Friday nights to myself just relaxing on the sofa before "doing stuff" for the weekend. Reading, maybe snoozing or watching a YouTube playlist about history. The possibilities are endless. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Sober weekends are are great. Really. Nothing like waking up on a Saturday morning, fresh and knowing you didn't spend all your money, and you have the whole weekend ahead of you.

Things to do:

Hillwalking.

Even if you don't consider yourself a hill-walker our outdoorsy. Spending 30 minutes or an hour walking through a nice forest feels great. Being active, walking etc will make you feel great. There is no doubt about it.

On Sunday morning, you'll see people up early having fun, doing things. That's when you realize these are the people living "normal" happy lives not hungover in bed. It's like a whole other world out there

Shopping:

I like shopping for things for my hobbies. I have loads of hobbies, So I'm rarely bored. You can buy clothes, something for your car. Whatever money you would have spent on booze you can spend on something more tangible.

Join a group on MeetUp. Some groups catch a film in the morning and then get coffee after.

Travel:

Pick a town or village and visit it for the afternoon and get lunch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement