Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rsc pitch & putt

• 26-05-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

is this open sundays? anyone know how much for adults and kids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

fozz10 wrote: »
    is this open sundays? anyone know how much for adults and kids

ridiculously only opens until 2.30 at the weekend

Can't help with prices though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Well it was €4 for students a couple of weeks ago for me and a friend.

I'd imagine (not 100%) that is would be €6 for adults anyway and probably €4 for under 16s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

callaway92 wrote: »
    Well it was €4 for students a couple of weeks ago for me and a friend.

I'd imagine (not 100%) that is would be €6 for adults anyway and probably €4 for under 16s

€4 for adults too I think which is ridiculously cheap. 2-30pm is a joke though. We were kicked out at 2-30 at the weekend a few weeks back.

Its a good course and price but closing at half 2 on a Saturday is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

If the 2.30 closing time is a problem ,maybe a trip out to Tramore pitch and club club would be better suited ,nice little course and very helpful staff ,just check about leagues etc before you head out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Anyone know someone that has a pitch and putt course that is no longer being used or is closing down?

I have an idea that could generate a good bit of business and as far as I know only one other place in Ireland does it

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

ferrybank have one that is not being used and is closed down i think the parish own it. also theres one half way between tramore and waterford behind the pub that hasent been used for a good many years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is Otterans still open? Also a course in Ashgrove on Waterford side of Mooncoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

€4 for adults
    €2.50 oap

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elefntears

Hi guys,
    Anyone know if the clubs mentioned here hire out clubs for a round. Haven't played in a while and would like to get a game in ASAP today with my son.....only problem is he's left-handed and doesn't have clubs. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Elefntears wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Anyone know if the clubs mentioned here hire out clubs for a round. Haven't played in a while and would like to get a game in ASAP today with my son.....only problem is he's left-handed and doesn't have clubs. Thanks in advance.

They have a poor enough selection. I'm left handed too, if you're near Ferrybank I'll give ya a loan if ya want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elefntears

They have a poor enough selection. I'm left handed too, if you're near Ferrybank I'll give ya a loan if ya want.

Thanks a lot for the offer DP, it's much appreciated. Managed to borrow some from a neighbour. We got a round in at the RSC and really enjoyed it! Greens were hard but not many around so we got to take our time.

Once again, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

cococoady wrote: »
    I have an idea that could generate a good bit of business and as far as I know only one other place in Ireland does it
    Ahh go on tell us.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Ahh go on tell us.

Sure where's the fun in that haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If it's what I think it is then it'd be class to have in Waterford. :P

baz2009 wrote: »
    If it's what I think it is then it'd be class to have in Waterford. :P

Hate when someone knows me and I don't know them. Bloody stupid usernames lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Haha, I've no idea who you are, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together with regards to your idea and probably getting 5, but hopefully not! :P

baz2009 wrote: »
    Haha, I've no idea who you are, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together with regards to your idea and probably getting 5, but hopefully not! :P

Ah right lol. I mentioned it to a couple of people and thought u might be one of em. Sure DM me and I'll see if ur right ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I know of something that I think would be brilliant to have in the City that would be relevant(ish) to this thread and as far as I know only one other place has it too, stays open till about half ten I believe, looked into it but would cost a lot of money to get ging

kryogen wrote: »
    I know of something that I think would be brilliant to have in the City that would be relevant(ish) to this thread and as far as I know only one other place has it too, stays open till about half ten I believe, looked into it but would cost a lot of money to get ging

Sounds exactly the same as what I'm thinking of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

went down to play there monday, they didnt have 1 club. There logic is to buy all new clubs and sell the old ones before they new ones arrive so to have a nice gap of a few weeks where they cant make any money. Only in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cococoady wrote: »
    Sounds exactly the same as what I'm thinking of

Ha maybe we should join up so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So where in Waterford can you get the clubs required for RSC and what ones do you need? Im a beginner and would like to try it, I presume there isnt a place where you could rent them, only buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

So where in Waterford can you get the clubs required for RSC and what ones do you need? Im a beginner and would like to try it, I presume there isnt a place where you could rent them, only buy them?

You need a pitching wedge and a putter.

Is there a golf shop in Waterford City anymore?

There's one in Dungarvan - Deise World I think it's called.

You have O' Dwyer's Golf in Clonmel too.

The best place though would probably be online. Sportsdirect have cheap clubs ideal for pitch and putt and you'd probably get a putter & pitching wedge and 24 balls delivered for around €30.

Mitchell's Golf Shop on the Tramore rd bus pk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Every car boot sale ive ever been to has loads of clubs. May be old but youd get them dirt cheap, no point buying new if your only starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I used to play down in the RSC regularly. Really can't understand why they got rid of the clubs a couple of years ago. I asked one day and got a grunt that people were stealing them, obviously it would have taken too much work for the staff to start taking a 20 euro deposit. To be honest you'd pick up better clubs second hand for 10 or 20 euro than they had, but it's not ideal for casual players / people just starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

I'm parked beside that second hand shop opposite peoples park waiting to drop my young fella into school at the moment and there is a well used looking set of clubs in the window beside the door.

Ha maybe we should join up so

Maybe we should

• Advertisement

Was that you that opened the Pitch & Foot course out behind Katie Reillys??

http://www.pitchandfoot.com

Advertisement