Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Where do you work now snuggles09?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

penneys are taking on for christmas www.primark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Where do you work now snuggles09?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I worked there for 3 and a half years and for the first 2 years it was breat. brililant commaradary (sp?), nights out, good craic.It was target driven back then but I've been told now that it's gone very bad in the way of targets and is very cut throat.very meet your targets or your out the door sort of thing which is understandable i suppose in the current climate..they might as well put a revolving door on the front as the turn around of staff in there is massive..grand if you're looking for part time work and a few bob but your mental health would seriously take a bruising if you were to work their full time..towards the end i would dread getting up in the morning to go out there..i remember crying in the toilets at one point..in the end i decided you work to live, not live to work so i got out for my own sanity

WRONG WRONG WRONG

emo!! wrote: »
    WRONG WRONG WRONG

it was like that when i was there and i've got 4 friends and family working there who have told me the exact same thing..yes, you do get a while to improve and get training etc but your under some pressure..i'm on about member save, not tech etc...and this is coming from someone who was made to vomit in a bin under my desk when i was pregnant and had morning sickness as i'd used my 15 mins of Time Out by 10am and wasnt allowed leave my desk to go to the toilet..your right though..a joy of a place to work in:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

and this is coming from someone who was made to vomit in a bin under my desk when i was pregnant and had morning sickness as i'd used my 15 mins of Time Out by 10am and wasnt allowed leave my desk to go to the toilet

I am finding this very hard to believe. You make it sound like a Soviet labour camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

was made to vomit in a bin under my desk when i was pregnant and had morning sickness as i'd used my 15 mins of Time Out by 10am and wasnt allowed leave my desk to go to the toilet..your right though..a joy of a place to work in:rolleyes:

What a load of tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

it was like that when i was there and i've got 4 friends and family working there who have told me the exact same thing..yes, you do get a while to improve and get training etc but your under some pressure..i'm on about member save, not tech etc...and this is coming from someone who was made to vomit in a bin under my desk when i was pregnant and had morning sickness as i'd used my 15 mins of Time Out by 10am and wasnt allowed leave my desk to go to the toilet..your right though..a joy of a place to work in:rolleyes:

Typically time out is average over a week so you can go over it on one day and under it another day. In any case no one can force you to stay at your desk if you need to go to the toilet, its sounds like you might be over-dramatising things.

if ye say so lads.can give ye the names of 5 people off the top of my head who witnessed the whole thing and the HR woman who dealt with the whole thing when it happened..i also had to go to the doctor one day while pregnant as i started bleeding in work and thought i was miscarrying..went straight to my GP who sent me to hospital and when I got to my GP this supervisor had already rang ahead to ask if I was there:mad: he obviousley told her to f off and mind her own business but believe me it went on..and no, time out wasnt done over the space of a week..you had your 15 mins of time out a day and if you went over it you had to sit in Idle and explain why this was etc..

yip, i never got sick in a bin at my desk because the supervisor (who'll i'll gladly name and ye can check it out) was a bitch..oh and people never shagged in the toilets there either

apologies to original poster..thread has gone way off track

edited to add: i'm not in the habit of coming on here and making up random drivel and bull****..go back and view my previous posts..jesus lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

went straight to my GP who sent me to hospital and when I got to my GP this supervisor had already rang ahead to ask if I was there:mad: he obviousley told her to f off and mind her own business but believe me it went on

yip, i never got sick in a bin at my desk because the supervisor (who'll i'll gladly name and ye can check it out) was a bitch
    Yeah because there was no chance at all the supervisor was ringing to check if you were okay then? Sounds like you're being a bit over-dramatic again.
    And if possible, can you pm me that name?

Apologies for off-topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Yeah im talking about memeber save to..

Thread has gone way off topic anyways.

Thats yer view on the place granted, but in the end of the day a jobs a job and im glad to have it , and it aint half as bad as yer making it out to be, grand its pressurised but what job isnt, they are hardly just going to leave you come in a do/save what you please.... they have targets to met and rightly we should try and meet them, that is our job at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Right Lads,

This thread is a good idea so can we keep it on topic please?

If you want to start another one debating that then feel free

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I'm posting just to get this IMPORTANT thread back up the ladder.

OP titled it JOBS IN WATERFORD, so if you hear or see any jobs going in these parts, post it.

let the unemployed know.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

that sounds rough snuggles i know good few girls out there must ask them the story.....would love to know the superviser..is sky opening call centre ..first i heard of it but that would be great for waterford.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Anyone know any definate information on these sky jobs in waterford? Iv also heard that there is a garda call centre going in, id be really interested in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bodly

anyone know where abouts in waterford the buylo store is please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

yeah buylo are belong to the barry group who are a cash and carry and are moving into the building where bolands used to be by mcdonalds on the cork road

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bodly

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

There's a milkshake shop opening in city square where Vodafone used to be, they've a sign up looking for one full-time and one part-time worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Iv also heard that there is a garda call centre going in, id be really interested in that!
    Just curious, have you any web link you can provide about a Gardai Call Centre coming to waterford? or was it just a Chinese whisper?

All I can find is a Fine Gael proposal/idea to locate one here
    http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story/?trs=mhcwcwkfey
    http://www.finegael.ie/news/c/2166/article/

but can't find a link to say it is coming here.

-BFG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sure the whole town probably knows by now,but Honeywell are hiring 40 people and afaik its for 6 months or maybe longer,but definitely into the new year.

Rigney Dolphin are dealing with the recruitment process,and here is the direct number for the lady dealing with it 051-872878,it just puts you through to voicemail with details on how to apply,i can imagine that they are getting a massive amount of calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Sure the whole town probably knows by now,but Honeywell are hiring 40 people and afaik its for 6 months or maybe longer,but definitely into the new year.

Rigney Dolphin are dealing with the recruitment process,and here is the direct number for the lady dealing with it 051-872878,it just puts you through to voicemail with details on how to apply,i can imagine that they are getting a massive amount of calls.

A notice in honeywell Turbo says simply ;

" Over the next few weeks 40 jobs will be created' Apply by sending cv to pmurray@rigneydolphin.ie

Thats 40 JOBS that 40 people are going to get and the money is bloody good out there!

IT COULD BE YOU!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Godsentme wrote: »

" Over the next few weeks 40 jobs will be created' Apply by sending cv to pmurray@rigneydolphin.ie

Thats 40 JOBS that 40 people are going to get and the money is bloody good out there!

45 was the rumour yesterday at €675 a week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

ciaradx wrote: »
    There's a milkshake shop opening in city square where Vodafone used to be, they've a sign up looking for one full-time and one part-time worker.

I used to work with the guy setting this up, sound chap and he's married to that girl from Buttons Jewerly on Dragons Den so he'd have every chance of making a go of it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    I used to work with the guy setting this up, sound chap and he's married to that girl from Buttons Jewerly on Dragons Den so he'd have every chance of making a go of it in there.

Yeah Mark is dead on. Hopefully it will work out for him but the amount of new businesses that have come and gone in City Square is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Godsentme wrote: »

No longer accepting applications/C.V's

Woodgate wrote: »
    No longer accepting applications/C.V's

How do you know this?

I can imagine they got hundreds if not thousands.

I heard here in work interviews were today and tomorrow.

^ I dont think they would be that quick in giving interviews,it was only last Thursday or Friday that people found out about these jobs.

• Advertisement

It seemed quick to me too, the chap who told me worked there for a number of years so TBF to him he would know people. If I hear any more I'll throw it up anyway.

Advertisement