Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Piano - recommendations or WTF should I be looking for?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I know, and can see from the first few pages here, that there are other threads on Electric Pianos, but search here on boards isn’t working very well at the moment, and, of course, my query is super new and interesting! :)

Looking to get an Electric Piano (living in Germany).

It’s kinda for getting back into music for myself and my OH. We both played piano when younger, and started off again with keyboards recently. Really enjoyable for us, and probably a longer term investment.

Price range would be say up to €900 or so.

Thing is - I have NO idea what is a reasonable price for something like this. I understand that key weighting is important. Having some fun things like orchestral accompaniments are great - as we probably won’t be making it professional, but just want to improve and enjoy playing.

Here are two potentials:

https://www.kirstein.de/Digitalpianos/Classic-Cantabile-DP-A-410-SM-E-Piano-Schwarz-Matt-SET-inkl-Bank-Kopfhoerer-und-Schule.html

https://www.kirstein.de/Digitalpianos/Classic-Cantabile-DP-A-310-SM-E-Piano-SET-schwarz-matt.html

This isn’t intended as a dust mat, but, rather something that we wouldn’t feel the need to replace in a few years.

Would anybody have an opinion, or a suggestion? It would be really appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

full sized keyboard and weighted keys.

midi out would be good for expansion later (and to be fair, finding one with midi would be a challenge)

Nords are out of budget so Yamaha Roland and Korg are probably your next stops.

I've had a Yamaha Clavinova for 25 years and its great

we got a used Yamaha CP3 for £300 about a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

full sized keyboard and weighted keys.

midi out would be good for expansion later (and to be fair, finding one with midi would be a challenge)

Nords are out of budget so Yamaha Roland and Korg are probably your next stops.

I've had a Yamaha Clavinova for 25 years and its great

we got a used Yamaha CP3 for £300 about a year ago.

Hi martinedwards

Thank you. That’s really helpful, and some more scope for research! I hope your Clavinova gives you another great 25 years!

Advertisement