Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

I just got my code too... but I'm not sure what group I'm in either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

How much does it cost to subscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Barcelona gig fifteen minutes walk from my house. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

MML wrote: »
    I just got my code too... but I'm not sure what group I'm in either...

If you go in to tours it tells you over on the left hand side of the screen.

Redo91 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to subscribe?

$50.

Not sure if it's worth it as this stage. I can't see there being too many pre-sale tickets left after 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Nal wrote: »
    Any idea on breakdown? How much are pitch tickets?
    Red zone tickets are 315 quid. Presume thats the pit?

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk2/16591s.jpg

Looks like the red zone is a little square right beside the stage.

Anyone know how much pitch 2 would be? I'm guessing around €150

Veloce wrote: »

"Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am
    - Presales open"

Redhill group then. Yay!
    I've been registered continuously since 2009, I had been hoping that was 'long term' enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

How do you know? I can see my presale code but I don't see anything about groups? thanks!

I had to go into "My Account" and it had the group on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Veloce wrote: »

That's a pain in the arse. Thursday it is so.

MadYaker wrote: »

I'd imagine pitch 2 just means If you arrive early enough to get "pit" access. Pitch standing price seems the same for pitch 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Don't see an issue regarding the presale

The entire tour goes on presale on Wednesday and Thursday, not just the Dublin date.

Whether it's Wednesday or Thursday we get them, we'll still get the tickets or have a better chance than the general public will have.

The important thing is that they play Electric Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd imagine pitch 2 just means If you arrive early enough to get "pit" access. Pitch standing price seems the same for pitch 1 and 2.
    Why even mention it on TMs site then? Seems odd but they just have "standing". Nothing about pitch 1 and 2 being different prices.
    They should just say 
    Pitch 1: People who are on the ball.
    Pitch 2: One gig a decade bogwarriors from the midlands with tricolours in pink cowgirl hats.

Seems strange alright, but the price breakdown regions on the bottom left of the same pic only show 1 breakdown for pitch.

Seems strange alright, but the price breakdown regions on the bottom left of the same pic only show 1 breakdown for pitch.

Twickenham has the whole pitch in general as one. Not split into two.

No way they're going to charge different prices for different sections of the pitch. Red Zone is a different matter

Wondering what the 'Gold and Silver' tickets are - would that be Pitch 1 and 2?

MML wrote: »
    Wondering what the 'Gold and Silver' tickets are - would that be Pitch 1 and 2?

Silver and Gold are VIP seats, with certain things like lamented programme, t shirte etc thrown in

The Joshua Tree, as good as it is, is only 11 songs. That's about half their normal setlist. Will this be reflected in the ticket prices I wonder? :pac:

Ummm.....they'll be playing other songs too dude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The Joshua Tree, as good as it is, is only 11 songs. That's about half their normal setlist. Will this be reflected in the ticket prices I wonder? :pac:

heh, they could double up and do matinee shows then.

heh,  they could double up and do matinee shows then.
    They''ll drop the album mid way through the gig after a load of their recent tunes that all sound like the Killers/Kasabian and sometimes Keane.

That fúcking dreadful Joey Ramone one for example. If the Kaiser Chiefs did that people would slag it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

So lads what do you reckon will be the percentage of tickets held back for general sale? And is there any indication of how much standing tickets are? Hardly €150 for the whole pitch?

At 315 quid, they should rename the Redzone the "Cúnts Zone"

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Lads where does it say that wires group can only get tickets on Thursday? Can't see it on the u2 site.

martin101 wrote: »
    Lads where does it say that wires group can only get tickets on Thursday? Can't see it on the u2 site.

http://www.u2.com

Log in and to go to account info - (drop down under your login in name on top right) - Scroll down - it's on the left hand side.

£78 quid for a standing ticket in London

That'll be 90 euro then

The reason I said €150 for pitch 1 is because I thought the pitch would be split in two like on the ticketmaster link I posted above and that would be the price for the pit. Like GnR are doing for slane. Apparently that's not the case though? So it'll probably be around €100 for standing and if you want to be in the pit get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Probably better I can only get tickets Thursday. Don't get paid until then. Saves me asking for a loan until I get paid the next day.

I hope to fook there are still some presale tickets left for Croker on Thursday. Otherwise I'll have to join the rat race on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭SteM

8 tickets per person on the general sale, what a ****ing joke. Ticketmaster and promoters really don't care about touting at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Maria123

Are public sale tickets going to be available on u2.com or ticketmaster? Does anyone know what time does the public sale start next Monday?

Advertisement