Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Albums without a single bad track on them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

On Oct. 24, Linkin Park's debut album, Hybrid Theory, will officially be 20 years old. As part of the celebration, the band is issuing a 20th anniversary edition of the multi-platinum album and have just taken it back to their early days with a newly released demo version of "In the End." And it is way different than the version you're used to.

Read More: Linkin Park Release 'In the End' Demo Version, It's Way Different | https://loudwire.com/linkin-park-in-the-end-demo-version-lyrics/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Can't believe that album is 20 years old but it was quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

FHFM50 wrote: »
    Funeral by Arcade Fire would fit that perfectly. It has no stand out tracks but the album as a whole is great.
    Blasphemy! Funeral has plenty of standout tracks.

On the other hand I have very little time for Une Annee Sans Lumiere and would consider it dangerously close to being a bad song.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭pawdee

Probably been said already but for me..... Dopesmoker by Sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,481 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Beatles One album.

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

(What's the story) Morning Glory is 25 years old.

Yes Noel lifted a few things from other bands but you can't deny this album is 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

FHFM50 wrote: »
    (What's the story) Morning Glory is 25 years old.

Yes Noel lifted a few things from other bands but you can't deny this album is 10/10

I much prefer definitely maybe. It’s more raw and natural.
    Tho I think their first 3 albums are all great. Yes, even be here now I think is brilliant. But after that it all went so bad, 1 or 2 good track but the rest absolute garbage in each album. Who can ever forget the song Liam write on standing on giants, ‘little James’. Jeez it was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Western Stars by Bruce Springsteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

I much prefer definitely maybe. It’s more raw and natural.
    Tho I think their first 3 albums are all great. Yes, even be here now I think is brilliant. But after that it all went so bad, 1 or 2 good track but the rest absolute garbage in each album. Who can ever forget the song Liam write on standing on giants, ‘little James’. Jeez it was so bad.

Standing on giants was bad, Heathen chemistry wasn't great either but was an improvement.

I found they got their mojo back with Don't believe the truth and Dig out your soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

New deluxe edition is fabulous. Have been playing all week.

For years all I had was the cassette version. It gets the odd outing in the car stereo when the ipod's taking a sleep.
    Porklife wrote: »
    What a brilliant list! Agree with all of it and the album's I'm not familiar with I'll be listening to now as you clearly have great taste! :)

(blushes) Ah, that's nice. I'd say you'd enjoy the Supergrass & House of Love albums judging from your own list.
    Gervais08 wrote: »
    Massive love for Violator there!!!!

All absolute pure beauty but World In My Eyes is my fave.

I’m going to listen to it now!!!

WIME is good, but you can't beat "Halo". And then there's "Clean", some way to close an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Listening to Lana del Rey Born to Die again.
    I still think it's ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

U2 - The Joshua Tree
    U2 - Achtung Baby
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    Janis Joplin - Pearl
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Born to run - Bruce Springsteen (the single greatest album ever made in my opinion)

Tunnel of Love + The wild the innocent and the E Street Shuffle by Bruce also - 2 absolute gems from start to finish.

Tapestry - Carole King
    In search of - N.E.R.D
    The Black Album - Jay Z
    Graceland - Paul Simon
    Rumours -Fleetwood Mac
    1989 - Taylor Swift (I get quite a bit of slagging for this one, but fúck it, i stand by it, that album is a masterpiece if you just take the time to listen to it)
    The bends - Radiohead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I'm just after listening to Oh Mercy by Bob Dylan in full, for the first time in some years. I liked every single track - I think I must have given some tracks more of a chance this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm just after listening to Oh Mercy by Bob Dylan in full, for the first time in some years. I liked every single track - I think I must have given some tracks more of a chance this time!

1989 was the year of the “old guy comeback album”:
    Neil Young - Freedom
    Lou Reed - New York
    Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy

The Dylan record is great, love Lanois production. And the best track from the sessions was left off- Series Of Dreams. Eventually surfaced on the first Bootleg Series box in 1991.

I was listening to Suzanne Vega's self-named debut album. I played it all the way through only to find I actually liked the last track - I used to always skip it! There's another album for this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Graceland by Paul Simon was played to death in our house, i think my dad bought it with his redundancy money.

Another one was The Dubliners 25 Celebration.

My own selection:

The Beatles - Revolver
    R.E.M - Reckoning
    Faith No More - The Real Thing
    Depeche Mode - Violator - still sounds a fresh as a daisy
    Massive Attack - Blue Lines
    Orbital - In Sides
    Radiohead - Kid A

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Days of Open Hand by Suzanne Vega is another flawless album in that there is no bad track.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Days of Open Hand by Suzanne Vega is another flawless album in that there is no bad track.

Just listening to it now. Class.

Steps Gold & The ultimate collection aka Abba on speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭blue note

What a great thread. I hadn't seen it before but having read the first 10 pages it just brought back heaps of great memories of great albums. And it really shows the difference in people's opinions on who's great and what's a great album.

Just to throw a few into the list

Leonard Cohen - I'm your man
    Lou Reed - transformer
    Santana - abraxas
    Jeff Buckley - grace
    The clash - Londons calling
    Antony and the johnsons - I am a bird now
    eels - beautiful freak
    John mayall with Eric Clapton- blues breakers
    Eric Clapton mtv unplugged
    St Germain- tourist

I don't think there's a weak track on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭PGE1970

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - Rattlesnakes

The Smiths - The Smiths

Pulp - Different Class

The Waterboys - This is the Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Great thread

I would just say Daft Punk's Random Access Memories is a seriously underrated album and actually fills the criteria perfectly.

Random_Access_Memories.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

blue note wrote: »
    What a great thread. I hadn't seen it before but having read the first 10 pages it just brought back heaps of great memories of great albums. And it really shows the difference in people's opinions on who's great and what's a great album.

Just to throw a few into the list

Leonard Cohen - I'm your man
    Lou Reed - transformer
    Santana - abraxas
    Jeff Buckley - grace
    The clash - Londons calling
    Antony and the johnsons - I am a bird now
    eels - beautiful freak
    John mayall with Eric Clapton- blues breakers
    Eric Clapton mtv unplugged
    St Germain- tourist

I don't think there's a weak track on any of them.

I'm Your Man was the first time i really got Leonard Cohen and understood the impish sense of humour that underscored every track. Still one of my favourite ever albums and all the ones since have been high quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm Your Man was the first time i really got Leonard Cohen and understood the impish sense of humour that underscored every track. Still one of my favourite ever albums and all the ones since have been high quality too.

It's incredible how good the albums in later life have been. All the way up to you want it darker they were still genuinely terrific albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Strange Days by the Doors is a treat from start to finish. Many people don't like Horse Latitudes but imo its pure poetry from Jim Morrisson

What surprised me was that I listened to four of my old albums today (for another thread) and three have them did not have a single track I had to skip. Hence my three posts on this thread today. The possibility of that happening with my large collection is pretty low I can tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭supernova5

Wildness by Snow Patrol is superb, In my estimation their best album to date

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnken1514

I found it very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Have to echo Nas - Illmatic and DJ Shadow Endtroducing

To try mention a few that havent come up:

Mylo - Destroy Rock&Roll (excellent for its time)
    Killers - Hot Fuss
    Dr.Dre - 2001 (if you remove the Intros/skits)
    Martyn - Air Between Words (For Techno Heads)
    Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
    Gangstarr - Moment of Truth
    Kanye - Twisted Dark Faded Fantasy (on a production note)
    Vitalic - O.K Cowboy
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Berlin Calling
    Damien Rice - O
    RJD2 - Deadringer
    Air - Moon Safari
    Moby - play
    Fatboy Slim - You've Come a Long Way Baby

Was not expecting someone else to post that.

Not a drop in quality from start to finish.

A masterpiece.

In fact when I saw the thread pop up it was the first album I thought of that fulfills the criteria.

Be a toughie to think of more...

Advertisement