Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What irish VoiP provider you recommend and why?

• 07-07-2011 6:39pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to know what voip provider you use and why would you recommend them or why you hate them. We have been with blueface for a while now, and being a business you can't hang onto a company who are always having downtime.

The most known to me are (only irish please, the betamox companies are not good, we need vat invoices and transfer number, lowcall maybe, DIDs).:
    Goldfish.ie
    Zentelecom.ie
    Blueface.ie
    Claritytele.com
    Freespeech.ie

Thanks in advance
    MrG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

If you live in a UPC area their phone service is the best.Beats every one else
    for audio quality and trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

huggs2 wrote: »
    If you live in a UPC area their phone service is the best.Beats every one else
    for audio quality and trouble free.

A workmate who has UPC phone service, has told me that sometime callers hear a ringing tone even though their phone didn't ring, rather than getting unavailable or busy. So people have been asking him why he never answers his phone.

I have found the audio quality fine when using blueface with various networks including UPC. For calls within Ireland and to the UK, France and Finland.

Blueface also have a useful dial through service for mobile phones, which allows you to dial a landline and call onwards with out being ripped off by the mobile phone companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

Have used Blueface and find them dreadful. I am considering moving to G7Eleven has anyone used them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Yes, however blueface are one of the only irish voip providers that port numbers. We are hanging on to the them for a while until other voip companies start up. Have to say no problems since the voicemail fax issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fbit_colin

Have used Blueface and find them dreadful. I am considering moving to G7Eleven has anyone used them?

G7Eleven dont publish any prices or products on their site. I think they only give you details if you purchase the 3cx system from them

I use Blueface and resell it. They are the only real option for VoIP in Ireland at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevorcoyle

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm interested to know what voip provider you use and why would you recommend them or why you hate them. We have been with blueface for a while now, and being a business you can't hang onto a company who are always having downtime.

The most known to me are (only irish please, the betamox companies are not good, we need vat invoices and transfer number, lowcall maybe, DIDs).:
    Goldfish.ie
    Zentelecom.ie
    Blueface.ie
    Claritytele.com
    Freespeech.ie

Thanks in advance
    MrG
    Mr. G

I am a Solutions Consultant for a company called SIPtrunks.ie we offer voip services and can manage telephony systems and traffic. You can view our details on www.siptrunks.ie . I would be delighted to discuss this opportunity with you.

Talk to you soon.
    Trevor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevorcoyle

Telcom are a good Voip provider they are based in Rathfarnham Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

SmartTelecom/Digiweb and Magnet offer SIP trunk services (I'm sure some of the other larger Telco types do also) - but you need a SIP PBX of some sort to avail of them. (I'm not sure if you need to be OnNet with them to avail of the SIP services - but worth asking).

The old argument of increased cost of a SIP PBX vs handsets registered remotely crops up all of the time - however if your main complaint is with downtime - then you should investigate something with local survivability (A SIP PBX with PSTN gateway or combo-box).

Keep one or two PSTN lines in the office for when the internet circuit or voip provider keels over and have a reroute/forwarding plan if possible for incoming calls to your main numbers.

I think two of the above mentioned companies, G7Eleven and Telcom also offer SIP trunk services as well. (As I am sure do Blueface and most of the other SIP operators you mention in your original post).

Pricing availability seems scant on most of their websites, best to ring around I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Snaga wrote: »
    SmartTelecom/Digiweb and Magnet offer SIP trunk services (I'm sure some of the other larger Telco types do also) - but you need a SIP PBX of some sort to avail of them. (I'm not sure if you need to be OnNet with them to avail of the SIP services - but worth asking).

You do not need a SIP PBX with Magnet, they provide both hosted [offsite] and onsite PBX, the onsite PBX costs extra per month.

You can also use your own VoIP phones with Magnet but don't expect support on them :)

At the moment, they've locked sip registrations down to their own IP's / network, so you might need to use their broadband to access their VoIP solution. There may be exceptions, different circumstances per client etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

I bought the Blueface offer for €200 incl:
    siemens A58H cordless phone
    porting of my eircom 01 number.

I also have my Broad Band with UPC so no more line rental.
    I've been using the service for 18 months and it has been perfect,
    I've never missed a call and the sound is perfect.

I love the way the answering machine on the line emails me a .wav file, great if I am on holidays.

I really couldn't recommend them enough.
    I also use voipgain 5c/min on my siemens handset to call mobiles as Blueface's mobile charges are steep.

If you are tempted to move use speedtest.net to test your latency and if it is below 50ms I think you are good to go.

I have no relationship with the company except being a customer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g7eleven

fbit_colin wrote: »
    G7Eleven dont publish any prices or products on their site. I think they only give you details if you purchase the 3cx system from them

I use Blueface and resell it. They are the only real option for VoIP in Ireland at the moment

Hi All,

Nick here from G7eleven. Just spotted this thread, thought I might clarify for you if that's cool.

G7eleven's core business is that of hand holding clients through the process of converting from ISDN BRI, PRI and FRA as well as PSTN to the world of VoIP. Most other companies in Ireland will convert you, but not with the ability of first using the technology and understanding if it truly fits with your business.

A good example of this is that we will provide a business with a Primary Rate ISDN service from Eircom a full billing cycle trial of our system. During this time, the inbound calls will still come in over the Eircom circuit, but the outbound will go via our SIP trunking service. During the trial we will work closely with the client to ensure that they are happy with the service and help them prioritise the VoIP traffic over their existing network traffic, something again which none of the SIP providers we have used (we used to be customers as well) ever did.

We understand business, VoIP and Network technology, and want to make it easy for the end user to move to VoIP, but most importantly..... stay with the technology.

Right.... I have officially made this sound like an advert for G7eleven. Not my intention, but I wanted to clarify what we did!

On a sidenote, we are also the only Irish 3CX SIP service which is officially supported on the 3CX platform. We went through extensive testing to get this certification from 3CX.

Lastly, our rates are available to anyone that is seriously interested in our service. We are a small company, and we control our rates according to the customers specific needs. To give you an idea..... we can beat anyone if the amount of traffic is high enough. We do not provide package deals, as if you examine any of them, the reality is that none are really "a deal".

Hope this answers some of your questions!

(For the record, Company Bureau mentioned in this thread above are now a client of ours) :) Hopefully they will respond to let you all know how the install of 3CX and the Trunk went for them!

Cheers,

Nick
    http://g7eleven.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 djklauss

Here is the site for http://irishvoip.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

djklauss wrote: »

Their rates look reasonable ..... they claim no minimum charge, but it seems that a one minute charge per call would be the minimum ...... do you know if this is correct?
    They bill per minute and not per second?

The other noticeable thing is that once you begin to get into detail on the site, it begins to show as irishvoip.co.uk .... so it seems to be a UK company? Not that I am greatly bothered, but would like to know. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

djklauss wrote: »

Looks like site down now
    Page load failed!
    Failed loading document header
    http://www.wix.com/api/getDocHeaderOld
    docName:,userNick:,clientID:,docId:Pgtu9w66oX4-a,pageId:siteId:pageNum:0

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For a company that uses some online website maker, instead of a professional one, Would you risk it?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    For a company that uses some online website maker, instead of a professional one, Would you risk it?

I am unsure what exactly you are saying here .... the site is unprofessional looking? or it is unprofessional to use different methods of generating a site?

Purely personal ...... that site is clearer, easier to navigate and more welcoming than many I visit daily. It left a good impression on me, as a visitor.

The risk, initially, seems to be €5 .... minimum payment for PAYG while testing the service.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/erau/evet_ltd.0.0.949.details.LE.asp

Some info on the Evet group
    http://evet.ltd.uk/

Just my opinion but any company that knows anything about SEO wouldn't use Wix and a flash website. I have a feeling its just a reseller, and paying a company for internet services that they don't know much about.

Also no trial period so minimum load is €5 so a bit much to test, while other companies are giving up to €5 to test.

nava wrote: »
    Also no trial period so minimum load is €5 so a bit much to test, while other companies are giving up to €5 to test.

I haven't come across any that give free €5 of calls to test their service ........ got any info on them to share?

I haven't come across any that give free €5 of calls to test their service ........ got any info on them to share?

Have a look at vomino main page scroll down and you will see "€5 call credits plus 70 minutes of totally free calls with no obligation for"

• Advertisement

Have a look at vomino main page scroll down and you will see "€5 call credits plus 70 minutes of totally free calls with no obligation for"

Maybe I am misunderstanding the site, but it seems to say that you get 30 mins free calls to specific locations, and not €5 credit to spend on calls as you wish.

Seems they reckon 30 mins calling is worth €5 ......

Maybe I am misunderstanding the site, but it seems to say that you get 30 mins free calls to specific locations, and not €5 credit to spend on calls as you wish.

Seems they reckon 30 mins calling is worth €5 ......

I know not very easy to read, also not able to check online how much you sepd on trial credit and how much left.

I know not very easy to read, also not able to check online how much you sepd on trial credit and how much left.

The link http://vomino.ie/ says €5 plus 70 mins free ......
    €5 call credits plus 70 minutes of totally free calls

but going through the links to the details page gives me this ....

http://vomino.ie/epages/950000574.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000574/Products/v_0052
    Free Trial for Computer users!
    Here’s what you get:
    With the Vomino free trial offer, you get 30 minutes of free calls to any landline in Ireland, the UK and every other EU country. You can also make free calls to both landlines and mobile phones in Canada and the United States, as part of your free trial.
    Free Vomino to Vomino calls at all times
    Free VOIP application
    24/7 free customer care
    No contract and no obligation to buy

They read as two different offers :confused:

There is no mention of monetary credit under the details page ..... and no mention of 70 mins either ...

When such confusing 'offers' are listed I am inclined to believe neither.

The least one would expect is some consistency from page to page.

Maybe someone from Vomino could have their 'offers' clarified on the site ......

Also noticed that, website very confusing and hard to navigate, I took the trial and got some credit, but no idea if 30min or €5 or something else.

Also noticed that, website very confusing and hard to navigate, I took the trial and got some credit, but no idea if 30min or €5 or something else.

I won't be trialing it.
    Too ambiguous.

I am presently happy with VoipWise ..... have all the free destinations I need, with PAYG for mobile calls. The mobile rate could be a little lower but as I do not use it much have no real incentive to change. The service has not let me down in the months I have used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

As Nick as mentioned above, we (Company Bureau) now use G7Eleven for all our calls and are very happy with them. The 3cx system is superb and the features it has are incredible. They made the changeover system very straightforward and their customer support is decent. And most of all, our phones work, call costs are reasonable and call quality is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tranceenigma

maurice1 wrote: »

I love the way the answering machine on the line emails me a .wav file, great if I am on holidays.

I also use voipgain 5c/min on my siemens handset to call mobiles as Blueface's mobile charges are steep.

If you are tempted to move use speedtest.net to test your latency and if it is below 50ms I think you are good to go.

Qurious as to how you setup another account (voipgain) On the Siemens Handset, I've the similar service, but how to get another account on the phone??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

The A58H base has a built-in web server for purposes of configuration. Just browse to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Slybacon1965

Maurice I also have Blueface $200 that I am now using with Vodafone Fibre - working a treat. Want to implement VOIPGAIN on same siemens gigaset that blueface provided. Do blueface not have this phone locked so no other provider can be added. Appreciate your input.

Thanks, Jim

maurice1 wrote: »

• Advertisement

Please do not drag up old threads, create a new one instead. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement