Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deposit Return

Options
  • 28-09-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

We recently moved out of a apartment in Dublin. We lived in the apartment for just over 5 years and moved due to the ever increasing rent costs.

Now we have been gone 4 weeks since last Saturday and have yet to receive our deposit back. The apartment was left in a cleaner state that we got it. We even had a professional cleaner assist us clean the day we moved out.

We are dealing with a property agent who tells me they are waiting on a cheque from the owner. The refuse to give us the contact details of the owner.

Due to delays we do not want to go to the PRTB.

Do we threaten to bring them to small claims court? or risk slowing up the return by doing this.

What advise would you give?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Why don't you want to go the PRTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ck999

Hi m'lady, we dont want to wait 6 months +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

You have to use the PRTB, small claims can only deal with cases not covered by a tenancy, eg where you were living with landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Saudade

You probably should have insisted on a cheque or cash refund as part of the exchange when returning the keys on the day that you vacated the property. Do you mind if I ask why you didn't do this? Was it simply that you fully trust the agency?

Personally, I would call the PRTB first thing in the morning and ask for advice.

Advertisement