Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cedarview, Northwood Santry

• 15-11-2018 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in the new development called Cedarview in Northwood Santry. I'm just wondering what the area is like as the houses look lovely. I'm not that familiar with the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Houses look very good. I've lived in Northwood for the last 14 years, and have not had any serious issues here.
    The Lidl has temporary PP for 10 years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Gullivers torn down and redeveloped as more housing and offices, with some retail for local use rather than retail warehouses (which have been a failure, I think, as well as poor land use). If Metrolink gets built there will be a metro stop on your door step, but in the mean time it is planned to have a new high frequency bus service from Northwood Avenue into town, and then on to Bray through the South City. If you are into sport Morton Stadium is close by, and Santry Park is great for a run too (as well as being a lovely park). Northwood is in the final staged of development, after the hiatus due to the bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I've personally seen groups of young teenagers engaging in anti social behaviour during the summer in Northwood. This was in the long evenings & no school.

So just a 'be aware' situation. Suss the situation out before you commit. Maybe ask a potential neighbour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

A bit pricey. Only a few of them are 465. The majority are 495+. It's a bit cramped for me as well, albeit the location (long term) is good and the quality of the product is good. The drives are measued down to an inch of space which annoys me. You'll just get your car on the drive, or if it's long you'll have the arse sticking out on to the path.

Location short term not so good at that price point. A lot of apartments. A lot of noise. A share of antisocial behaviour. School choices nothing to write home about, however M50 access excellent.

I've personally seen groups of young teenagers engaging in anti social behaviour during the summer in Northwood. This was in the long evenings & no school.

Yeah I've seen some kids hanging around Eurospar and Lidl being a nuisance, but I'm at the Santry end of Northwood so hasn't caused me many problems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What about the school choices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

myshirt wrote: »
    What about the school choices?

Decided not to go for it. Lovely houses but they just don't fit in the area and I think the schools could well be in the Ballymun catchment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bradym35

I believe phase 1 has almost sold out.

For anyone living there - how are you finding the development/area?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

bradym35 wrote: »
    I believe phase 1 has almost sold out.

For anyone living there - how are you finding the development/area?

One of the Phase 1 folk here. No regrets whatsoever. House is fantastic, and location is solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruadh40

Hi heart of the city, I'm about to buy a home there, would really love some heads up. Are there many kids, is your house west or east facing, we had our hearts set on one but looking at it on saturday a house seems to block the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 4 garda2016

Hi, about to move in mid Nov. Any recommendations for flooring? How is it living in Cedarview so far? Any problems with the houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skippy123!

garda2016 wrote: »
    Hi, about to move in mid Nov. Any recommendations for flooring? How is it living in Cedarview so far? Any problems with the houses?

So far so good. I have taken floors from Poland as it turned out a lot cheeper but you will need to find skmeone who speaks Polish. I had some friends that helped me out.

If you got the keys already and need internet, recommendation is to contact provider right away and ask them appointment to install the box where things need to be connected to. Waiting list is around 3 - 4 weeks to get someone in.

skippy123! wrote: »
    So far so good. I have taken floors from Poland as it turned out a lot cheeper but you will need to find skmeone who speaks Polish. I had some friends that helped me out.

If you got the keys already and need internet, recommendation is to contact provider right away and ask them appointment to install the box where things need to be connected to. Waiting list is around 3 - 4 weeks to get someone in.

Thanks Skippy. Where id you buy your furnitures? Are you one of the Cedarview house owners?

skippy123! wrote: »
    So far so good.If you got the keys already and need internet, recommendation is to contact provider right away and ask them appointment to install the box where things need to be connected to. Waiting list is around 3 - 4 weeks to get someone in.

Is fibre to the home available? I know Siro laid fibre in Parklands, and eir will be launching ftth in the new year. Also, is there an OMC, and what was the service charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skippy123!

jd wrote: »
    Is fibre to the home available? I know Siro laid fibre in Parklands, and eir will be launching ftth in the new year. Also, is there an OMC, and what was the service charge?

Virgin Media is the only provider available for now as I know... Service charge i would need to check but it is reasonable enough.

Anyone experience some metals intels while fixing curtain rods and mirrors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Probably won't get a reply given boards recent traffic, but I've just moved into Parklands (feel free to point me to more appropriate thread).

Has anyone had Fibre to Home installed in parklands and would provide me with a picture? I want to show my landlord how tidy the job is from the SIRO box. DM for details.

There is a facebook group that may help you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthwoodPeople

Advertisement