Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Email: Sent Folder Full of Repeats

Options
  • 19-01-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭

I send an email earlier in the week to somebody.

I checked my sent email last night and according to that (hotmail/outlook upgrade), the mail has been repeated a zillion times since I sent (evey 15 mins or so).

I haven't recieved any notification from the person in question about this and AVGFREE /SuperAntiSpyWare have found nothing on my computer.

ANy other explanations? Could there be something on my phone or tablet instead? (Ive not antivirus on my tablet).

Could it be a false reading?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thanks - I'll run that on my laptop.

I just realised I sent the email on my phone, does that make any difference? It does seem to be only that email which is constantly repeating

Can you get a trojan on an android phone?

EDIT: I ran it on my laptop and it found nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

yes, Trojan can affect your phone's data adversely. Let me know the version of your Android. Google has resolved this security holes Android 4.3.

janeparker wrote: »
    yes, Trojan can affect your phone's data adversely. Let me know the version of your Android. Google has resolved this security holes Android 4.3.

Its andorid version 4.1.1 apparently.

I downloaded AVAST mobile for it but the phone runs a bit slower now!

These utilities are taking major memory space i.e. responsible for slower speed.

• Advertisement

janeparker wrote: »
    These utilities are taking major memory space i.e. responsible for slower speed.

Yup, but I also don't want my email spazzing out again (if indeed it was my phone that had the issue).

then you should also contact with service center. It may be possible to have problem in hardware or software section of mobile.

Advertisement