Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barneybre

Hi Koolkid & Altor - I've used this forum many times in the past when I've had issues with my alarm but this time I'm stumped.

My alarm panel was reading low battery for a while & I came home over the weekend to the panel being dead & no bell sounding. I bought a new battery thinking that was a simple fix. Not to be sadly. While the panel did illuminate briefly once I connected the new battery it would go dead after a couple of button presses but never showed any text or info.
    Also, the external bell was only half ringing.

I then went & bought new fuses & replaced them in the panel one by one but still the panel is dead.
    At all times I've powered down the main fuse board before working on the main alarm panel.
    Any ideas on what the issue could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Barneybre wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid & Altor - I've used this forum many times in the past when I've had issues with my alarm but this time I'm stumped.

My alarm panel was reading low battery for a while & I came home over the weekend to the panel being dead & no bell sounding. I bought a new battery thinking that was a simple fix. Not to be sadly. While the panel did illuminate briefly once I connected the new battery it would go dead after a couple of button presses but never showed any text or info.

I then went & bought new fuses & replaced them in the panel one by one but still the panel is dead.
    At all times I've powered down the main fuse board before working on the main alarm panel.

Does not sound good.
    Leaving a low battery on a system can cause issues as the battery is trying to get a charge thus pulling the system down.
    If you leave the battery disconnected does the system power up on the mains only?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A multimeter would be a great help here to source the problem as quick as possible.
    I would do the following with the battery disconnected...
    If you have one I would start by checking the mains power in & AC power out of the main PSU.
    After that check the DC power across Aux + & - out, Keypad & - (A & B)
    Bell + & Aux -
    Internal + & Aux -
    After that check the DC voltage on the battery itself.
    Then connect battery only and repeat the above tests.

There is some hope , but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barneybre

"If you leave the battery disconnected does the system power up on the mains only?"
    No, the panel stays completely off.

I can pickup a multimeter in work tomorrow & run through as you suggest.

If none of the tests work what would the solution be... buy a new main panel?

Thanks for the response!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

New panel and keypad as a minimum.Or you could try source a PCB or old panel on Ebay or the likes.

• Advertisement

"If you leave the battery disconnected does the system power up on the mains only?"
    No, the panel stays completely off.

I can pickup a multimeter in work tomorrow & run through as you suggest.

If none of the tests work what would the solution be... buy a new main panel?

Thanks for the response!

Sounds like the transformer in the panel is causing the issue.
    If you have a look on adverts there is loads of second hand panels floating which will have one.
    Alternatively an upgrade of control panel and keypad should get you up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rusty129

I have replaced my battery on he Aritech CS250 alarm. However the low battery keeps flashing. How do I fix that.

Sounds like the old reliable problem with that panel dropping the charge voltage on the battery output.
    Have you a multimeter to check the voltage on the battery leads?

Sorry for slow replies. No dont have a multi meter. Even if |I had I would not know what to do with it. Is there any other way possible to get this thing to reset.

I do not have a multi meter. Would not know what to do with it if I had. Is there any other quick fix. This alarm is quite old and not used so muck as I have a monitered also. Just the fact that I was proud of myself for sourcing a battery and replacing it. disappointing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Following lightening last week our alarm sounded indoors and out for about 20 seconds since then the keypad says "version..." I'm not at home right now so don't have details. Electricity cut out again last night and same thing happened.
    Spoke to an alarm company who advised that it wasn't worth putting a battery into and cited the engineers code being an issue etc, I think it's worth chancing putting a battery in and seeing what happens

JB81 wrote: »
    Following lightening last week our alarm sounded indoors and out for about 20 seconds since then the keypad says "version..." I'm not at home right now so don't have details. Electricity cut out again last night and same thing happened.
    Spoke to an alarm company who advised that it wasn't worth putting a battery into and cited the engineers code being an issue etc, I think it's worth chancing putting a battery in and seeing what happens

If the panel was hit by lightening then it may have blown something on the board. If you apply the mains only you will soon find out if its working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Have moved into a new house and the alarm goes off every now and again. We dont have any information on the alarm and havent used it. Now the alarm went off last night outside not inside but took nearly an hour of switching of the power at the mains to get it to go off and the control panel is now saying fault call engineer and battery is flashing. Is there anyway to disconnect the alarm?

Is this an Astec alarm?
    Sounds like a problem with the external bell. Easiest thing for now would be to power the system down completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frankjl

I had a low battery warning on my CS350 and followed the steps here which were great thanks. The low battery warning went away, but came back after maybe 15 minutes. I will take the new battery back to the shop, but is there likely to be any other cause here ? I doubt if it’s a fuse issue if the warning went away for a while ?

Possibly a fuse or maybe the connections on the panel aren't tight. Have you a multi meter to check the voltage of the battery & the charge voltage on the battery leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Hi...I've read through the thread and am looking for some help on replacing a battery on an Airtech CP32 system.

Is the battery stored in the control panel rather than the alarm box outside? I was going to call with local electrical wholesalers and see if they had battery but want to have a bit of an idea of what I need beforehand. Not very handy about the house but would I be able to replace it myself?

Thanks a lot!

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Hi...I've read through the thread and am looking for some help on replacing a battery on an Airtech CP32 system.

Is the battery stored in the control panel rather than the alarm box outside? I was going to call with local electrical wholesalers and see if they had battery but want to have a bit of an idea of what I need beforehand. Not very handy about the house but would I be able to replace it myself?

Thanks a lot!

The battery is located in the control panel.
    Take out old one and bring it with you, usually a 12 2.2 amp but if you have the old one you cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anyone knew where these can be picked up?

Anyone knew where these can be picked up?

Here is a link to the suppliers list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Breenkid

Heya folks. Replaced my CS350 battery at the weekend following the great guides here. All went perfectly and no issues when actioned.

Problem started when I tried to switch on the alarm! Call Alarm Co 30 showed and wouldn’t clear. I’ve tried all the potential codes (1278 etc and down arrow) but nothing working. Re-did it today after some advice but no now 32. I’ve shut down power and rebooted (disconnect battery) but to no avail.

Allows input of code and looks clear but when trying to set the alarm it says the call alarm co.. then nothing. Won’t engage alarm and hitting 0 is only thing that clears message on screen.

Are there any other possibilities to resolve as can’t afford a problem going on too long. Any help greatly appreciated.

It's a tamper reset that's programmed into the panel. You will need the engineer code or a reset code from the installer.

Advertisement