Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to escalate an online ecommerce dispute

• 21-09-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

There's a brand online called Tradeinn that has lots of sub-brands (running gear, trekking gear, hiking gear etc). I've bought several times from them before. Anyway, long story short is I'm getting *nowhere* in seeking a refund and I'm stumped as to how I take it from here? The brand is registered in Spain so is within EU.

Basically I bought trail running poles in July, value approx €130, I specifically opted into a guaranteed delivery of 6th Aug. But when I flagged it on the 4th Aug that the tracking link stated something to the effort of "No consignment on record" (usually this means the order hasn't arrived at the depot) they said they were investigating.

A week later, since the poles hadn't arrive and the order hadn't updated, I confirmed to them to cancel the order and issue a refund instead as I had to buy elsewhere. Since then, and despite 10 subsequent emails, they've refused to issue a refund saying they're still investigating. It's now been 12 weeks! I asked for some clarity on the next steps and they're email abruptly said "We cannot".

Crappy service, I'll never buy from them again. I can't fathom it. Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement