Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House plans

• 08-08-2020 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm wondering what's the average cost for an architect to draw up house plans for a basic 3 bed house?

Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hereford202

Hello! did you get plans drawn up or any quotes? Looking to get plans for a 3/4 bedroom basic bungalow too.
    TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Not sure nowadays who can or can’t call themselves an architect. I’m sure it would be quite expensive to get an architect with full degree in architecture to do a one off design, but an engineer or architectural technician would be less so.
    I came across a book by this guy a few years ago - basically a book with many different house designs. If one suited your needs, you bought the full set of plans etc off him, but more reasonable than a bespoke design. Not sure how much they cost (or how long ago it was - May be a bit dated) as in the end we didn’t use him. But it seemed like a good idea to me
    http://www.mkelly.ie/the-practice/about

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Anyone remember "Bungalow Bliss"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Anyone remember "Bungalow Bliss"?

Blamed for bungalow blight all across the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Not sure nowadays who can or can’t call themselves an architect. I’m sure it would be quite expensive to get an architect with full degree in architecture to do a one off design, but an engineer or architectural technician would be less so.
    I came across a book by this guy a few years ago - basically a book with many different house designs. If one suited your needs, you bought the full set of plans etc off him, but more reasonable than a bespoke design. Not sure how much they cost (or how long ago it was - May be a bit dated) as in the end we didn’t use him. But it seemed like a good idea to me
    http://www.mkelly.ie/the-practice/about

The title Architect is still a protected title.

• Advertisement
Advertisement