Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-11-2020, 16:58   #5341
bogmanfan

Sorry to see Mark Chapman leave the NFL Show. He had brilliant chemistry with Osi and Jason, which will be very hard to replicate. Not sure why he decided to step down, although during his last appearance there was zero craic in the studio, with Osi in particular looking super annoyed and the atmosphere was terrible. Either he had just told them he was leaving, or they had a bit falling out which lead to him leaving. Either way that show was my gateway into NFL and was still a highlight of the week. Although the Tuesday show is badly missed.
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 18:00   #5342
wawaman

Yeah Mark Chapman will be missed alright. Nat Coombes was a step down but with the news Dan Walker is taking over, give me Coombes any day of the week
Thanks from:
19-11-2020, 18:15   #5343
The_Honeybadger

Yeah I liked Chapman and I liked the Tuesday show as well and was disappointed when they shelved it. There was probably no need for two shows but they got rid of the wrong one in my view.
19-11-2020, 19:00   #5344
ReginaldSmythV

Isn’t Dan Walker a bible thumper that won’t work on a Sunday? He’s not going to like doing the Super Bowl then.
19-11-2020, 19:24   #5345
Blut2

The highlights show every Tuesday was great, I watched it every week. By far the easiest way to catch up with teams that aren't my own without investing too much time.

Really hope it comes back next season, or I find a replacement Match of The Day format show.
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 19:51   #5346
Shedite27

Yeah Tuesday was a much better time, loads of time to watch it before the next round of games. I rarely get an hour to watch the show these days on a Sunday.
20-11-2020, 10:52   #5347
cj maxx

Yeah
Thanksgiving on Thursday
3 games on TV!
I won't watch all of them but dipping in to each game
20-11-2020, 13:09   #5348
Jofspring

Pity Chapman is gone. I don't mind Nat though. Have really struggled to watch the Saturday night show. By the time Saturday comes the games are nearly a week old. It's on so late I record it. Then on a Sunday it's hard.to find time to watch it, by the time you get to sit down the Sunday games are kicking off.

Bring back the Tuesday and scrap the Saturday.
(3) thanks from:
20-11-2020, 14:13   #5349
Lionbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogmanfan View Post
Sorry to see Mark Chapman leave the NFL Show. He had brilliant chemistry with Osi and Jason, which will be very hard to replicate. Not sure why he decided to step down, although during his last appearance there was zero craic in the studio, with Osi in particular looking super annoyed and the atmosphere was terrible. Either he had just told them he was leaving, or they had a bit falling out which lead to him leaving.
Noticed that myself, thinking Osi is really off form today. Coombs has been presenting the last 3 weeks since then, so it leads to me to believe there must have been a falling out. If he said he was leaving, surely he would have done a few more shows before moving on, you would think.
Suppose we'll never know though.

Last edited by Lionbacker; 20-11-2020 at 21:10.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-11-2020, 15:59   #5350
dfx-

I am guessing it's harder to produce, prepare and edit the show by Tuesday in the current circumstances. He also seemed genuinely a fan of the Bears plus being a good presenter as well, not just put in as a reliable name as Walker would be.

Presumably he's presenting a lot - he does cricket for the radio and football + MOTD2, so something goes...
20-11-2020, 18:23   #5351
bogmanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
Presumably he's presenting a lot - he does cricket for the radio and football + MOTD2, so something goes...
True. And maybe with the loss of the Tuesday show he thinks the saturday show could be for the chop next season also. No idea what the viewing figures are like, but I don’t know anyone else that watches it.
20-11-2020, 18:28   #5352
Guffy

Saturday show needs to be a preview, not a review.
20-11-2020, 20:15   #5353
Shedite27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
I am guessing it's harder to produce, prepare and edit the show by Tuesday in the current circumstances. He also seemed genuinely a fan of the Bears plus being a good presenter as well, not just put in as a reliable name as Walker would be.

He does MOTD2 on a Sunday night, so presumably gets no chance to watch any NFL live. Always thought it was a bit odd. You're always missing a bit of the game if you already know the outcome
20-11-2020, 20:43   #5354
wawaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedite27 View Post
He does MOTD2 on a Sunday night, so presumably gets no chance to watch any NFL live. Always thought it was a bit odd. You're always missing a bit of the game if you already know the outcome
His wife passed away earlier this year and I think he has 2 kids. So cutting down on stuff I’d imagine
21-11-2020, 16:21   #5355
cj maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaman View Post
His wife passed away earlier this year and I think he has 2 kids. So cutting down on stuff I’d imagine
Just googled him , widowed dad of 3 at 47 , hectic career, something had to give. For job security, motd2, will never lose its appeal to the masses

Last edited by cj maxx; 21-11-2020 at 18:55.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion