Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Rugby Discussion II

Comments

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Chasing the sun is a brilliant series, very enjoyable if your lucky enough to find it somewhere

Some big boys in South Africa ill tell you that

Link to where you found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Link to where you found it?

I got it on Dailymotion at the right time and seemingly has been taken down now

Hopefully it might resurfice again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Argentina's discipline is killing them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Great comeback from Argentina, enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Amazing that they lasted the pace after last week’s heroics and celebrations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

They are building nicely to knock Ireland out of the 2023 world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Arg vs NZ should be worth a watch this weekend. Last time NZ lost 3 matches in a row was 1998. That was the season I felt like a Scottish rugby fan.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Arg vs NZ should be worth a watch this weekend. Last time NZ lost 3 matches in a row was 1998. That was the season I felt like a Scottish rugby fan.

I think Aussie play them again this weekend, we're next weekend

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think Aussie play them again this weekend, we're next weekend

No its NZ this weekend.

Australia v Argentina is next weekend

sydthebeat wrote: »
    No its NZ this weekend.

Australia v Argentina is next weekend

Time for a refund on my rugby calendar!

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Time for a refund on my rugby calendar!

Just delaying the inevitable third loss for another week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

swiwi_ wrote: »

1998 :mad::mad: What an awful year. We lost 5 in a row that year, I think. I've tried to purge it from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Enjoyed listening to this recent edition of the RTÉ Rugby Podcast. Free-ranging discussion with knowledgable guys, highly recommend a listen.
    A sample of interesting points discussed:
    Bernard talked a bit about Porter not binding well in the scrum, and made the comment that Michael Bent and Marty Moore are the best tight-head scrummagers in Ireland at the moment.
    Wes questioning the media messaging about the players enjoying their experience in training, while seemingly not preparing for the kick-chase game that England were likely to implement.
    Donal talked a bit about the need for the South African teams to join the Pro12/Pro16 as soon as possible to test the players.

RTÉ Rugby Podcast: Ireland falling between two stools?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's seriously classy.

Sadly we have seen it before a lot closer to home.

https://twitter.com/therugbycritic/status/1332607649435758592?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Don’t get the whole ‘so classy’ personally. It’s minimal effort for great PR for them. Same with the Dubs for the Bloody Sunday thing..

Anyway, Argies getting battered in the scrum here.

Don’t get the whole ‘so classy’ personally. It’s minimal effort for great PR for them. Same with the Dubs for the Bloody Sunday thing..

Anyway, Argies getting battered in the scrum here.

Well you wouldnt, would you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Argentina just haven't gotten going at all. So many small mistakes in complete contrast to previous weeks. I think there's a big difference in refereeing styles coming through watching these games. In NH they would have looked at the first NZ try and called it back for the clear attempted block by the 6(?). It didn't make any difference but would still have been penalised for it. In SH they don't even check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Well you wouldnt, would you

Why’s that?

Argentina very much targeting next week with their selection

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

That Argentina jersey is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Not sure how closely they checked that last one, looked like Sanchez was bumped, pulled and pushed by two Kiwis...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Tristram wrote: »
    Not sure how closely they checked that last one, looked like Sanchez was bumped, pulled and pushed by two Kiwis...

Thought so too in real time. Replay showed nothing in it though imo.

115 Argentinian tackles to 25 by the All Blacks. Unbelievable stat.

Argentina finally get some possession and it results in a couple of tries for the AB's. The pressure had to tell in the end, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's a red for 18 black

Edit: Yellow? That we've seen red for those recently in test and club matches. Referee mentioned mitigating factors but there shouldn't be any in this case. Argentine planer was prone in the ground and New Zealander went straight off his feet with a forearm to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Reiko Ioane is putting together an extensive highlight reel of missed opportunities.

Clegg wrote: »
    That's a red for 18 black

Surprised they didn't look at it more. One of the angles looked like initial contact was with the shoulder then up onto the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Absolutely crazy that wasn't a red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

You could almost forgive them had they missed it completely but having looked back on it and still thinking “yellow” beggars belief!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement