Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FatherLen wrote: »
    if she comes back alive i will be amazed and incredibly happy for the parents.

Without exaggerating, it would literally have me smiling for days despite the moralising around the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

That article makes for a depressing read, you really have to feel sorry for the parents of the child and no I don't mean the McCanns. Imagine what those parents are goign through right now, some random internet posters who don't really have any clue what actually happened post loads of defamatory crap and in the process accuses them of being involved in the murder of their own child taking the child from others.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

As unlikely as it is, the fact that 3 people were convinced it was Madeleine was enough for the police to take the child to be tested. If it is not her then her parents and little girl will be very traumatised I imagine. But if it is then it is worth it. Cannot understand how people have come to the conclusion that the McCann's arranged to have their daughter kidnapped or had any part in it whatsoever. Yes they made a terrible decision that night to go for dinner and leave the kids 100 yards away from them, one that I'm sure will haunt them and has haunted them since May 2007. People say she is cold and he is upbeat and therefore they must have something to do with it as this is not 'normal' behaviour for parents that have lost their little girl. I have never thankfully been in that situation myself and I'm sure most people haven't so nobody can judge what is normal behaviour, they are just doing the best they can.

Anyway I wonder when the results will be in? Can't see anything on SKY news website about it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

January wrote: »
    Aha... according to this article, the girl in question is only 6, too young to be Madeleine, so why are they doing tests?

Madeleine is just gone 7 since May. Only a year in the difference and if she is Madeleine then I'm sure her abductors with her would lie and say she is a year younger.

FYP

I have absolutly no sympathy for the McCanns and was their daughter to be returned safely I would hope that social services would step in and remove her from them. Anyone who leaves their young children alone while they head to the bar are unfit parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If its Maddie I'll eat my hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

lukesmom wrote: »
    Madeleine is just gone 7 since May. Only a year in the difference and if she is Madeleine then I'm sure her abductors with her would lie and say she is a year younger.

Madeleine is 8 since May actually, she turned 4 just after she went missing and that was in 2007.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And she will be fluent in French on top of it all.
    (if it is her, which i dont think is the case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

FYP

No you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

FYP

That poster said absolutely nothing defamatory about anyone, and actually made a very valid point.

Sure the McCanns are great fans of the auld defamatory remarks. They defamed the bejaysus out of people who were proved innocent, and made no apologies. Ruined their lives if you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

. Cannot understand how people have come to the conclusion that the McCann's arranged to have their daughter kidnapped or had any part in it whatsoever.

Anyway I wonder when the results will be in? Can't see anything on SKY news website about it at all

I can't understand how some people have never grasp what the McCanns were actually accused of. They were not accused of murdering their daughter, they were not accused of arranging to have her kidnapped.

They were accused of neglecting their children. After finding Madeliene Mcann had died in their appartment in an accident, they were accused of similating an abduction, There are accused of concealing the body.

I can't believe how people actually take tabloid newspaper newstorys seriously and at face value. There have been hundreds of tabloid "sightings of Madeleine" and there will be hundreds in the future, as long as it remains a sellable story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

inforfun wrote: »
    And she will be fluent in French on top of it all.
    (if it is her, which i dont think is the case)

Bad enough being kidnapped but being brought up by French and Belgians?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

January wrote: »
    Madeleine is 8 since May actually, she turned 4 just after she went missing and that was in 2007.
    saying she is six could be a way of putting invertigators off the scent, another thing while waiting for blood tests, we all know the date, time, doctor who attended and hospital our children were born in, if records are looked up to see if these people are innocent would be another way of an early hint that things are not quiet right, they are simple questions with an easy and fast way of finding truth, this way take maybe an hour, while blood tests will take days, but also taking the blood tests

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

original report came out 5 days ago, we would have heard alot more about this, if it was true (as in, a lookalike child actually was spotted and taken for testing)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I hope against hope that it does turn out to be Madeleine, but sadly I don't think there will be a happy ending here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    She wasn't the only person with that mark on her eye.

The gf has the exact same thing in her eye but its on the opposite side. It can't be that rare

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Blatter wrote: »
    ITV reporting that they understand that there has been no official request to Kate and Gerry McCann for DNA samples, so reports in the newspapers may be false.
    They probably already have th McCann's DNA on file. Anyway, there'd be no need for it yet. DNA test the French kid and her parents first; if she is their child then DNA will show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭cancercowboy

mod:
    <snip>
    Keep the dumb assed jokes to nein 11.

I don't think it was dumb ass. Why not let the people decide for themselves little Hitler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I don't think it was dumb ass. Why not let the people decide for themselves little Hitler?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

cancercowboy banned.
    See this going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

As I can't read the article does anyone know when the DNA tests will be released to the public?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As unlikely as it is, the fact that 3 people were convinced it was Madeleine was enough for the police to take the child to be tested.

3 people who didn't actually know the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Doyler92 wrote: »
    As I can't read the article does anyone know when the DNA tests will be released to the public?
    DNA usually takes a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Doyler92 wrote: »
    they'll have to be after this publicity!
    kylith wrote: »
    DNA usually takes a few weeks.
    but a blood type test will take a few minutes. they have samples of Madelines blood from the crime scene and birth records.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I hope it turns out to be her but i very much doubt it i think its clutching at last straws now,media pressure or a diversion for whoever is leading the investigation.At the end of the day it will make alot of people look like fools if it does turn out to be her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

As much as I would love to think it no.

That child is not Madeleine:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Daily Mail?? Pfffffffffffffffft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Following the banning of US criminal profiler Pat Brown's book from Amazon earlier this week by the McCann lawyers, this is effective spin to keep the abduction theory alive.

I highly doubt that little Madeleine is alive, let alone been living in India and not been spotted before now given the worldwide publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

There is hope as Belgians have as a good record as our priests when it comes to children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's no way it is her. If she was abducted (and that is still a big if), IMO there's no way she would be kept alive given how high profile this case has become.

Whatever happened to the poor girl, I have zero sympathy for her parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement