Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Voipbuster now totally free sms, no topup needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

When setting up a AFT account, there's no option in networks for the 3 network (which I'm on)
    Any way round?
    Cheers
    HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

hamsterboy wrote:
    When setting up a AFT account, there's no option in networks for the 3 network (which I'm on)
    Any way round?
    Cheers
    HB

The setup for AFT is for the web text account you are going to use, not the network you are using for the data connection. 3 are not giving any free web texts so that's the reason why they are not in the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

i tried to use my voip buster account details on AFT but when trying to send the sms, it told me the number was invalid, i tried both +35387 and 0035387

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

i tried to use my voip buster account details on AFT but when trying to send the sms, it told me the number was invalid, i tried both +35387 and 0035387
    Try using the direct url to voipbuster:

https://myaccount.voipbuster.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx​&password=xxxxxxxxxx&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

See if that works.

By the way - do you have credit on your account?

heeh no, i thought it sent the message the same was the voipbuster client.

• Advertisement

No, it works over http, the voipbuster client works over sockets.
    I might change AFT so that it works over sockets too for voipbuster.

No, it works over http, the voipbuster client works over sockets.
    I might change AFT so that it works over sockets too for voipbuster.

it shouldt be too bad, i did Sockets in java before, i guess the hardest part will be formatting the data passed to and from the socket.

it shouldt be too bad, i did Sockets in java before, i guess the hardest part will be formatting the data passed to and from the socket.
    I can copy and paste the necessary code from the voipbuster client (I have already decompiled the jar file), it's just finding the time to do it.

Might have a go tonight.

It would be nice with AFT support for Vyke (www.vyke.com, sms 1.6c), mobisms (www.mobisms.com, 2.8c) and smsbug (www.smsbug.com, 3c) as well... :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone got the voipbuster client to work on their phone for sending text messages?
    I am currently trying to implement sockets into AFT (using code that Damo2k sent me, thanks Damo!), but it doesn't work on my phone. That said, neither does the actual voipbuster client, it just says "Connecting.." when sending the message and then after about 20 seconds or so says "Failed".

Anything special I need to look out for?

I have a SonyEricsson K750i

dal wrote: »
    Has anyone got the voipbuster client to work on their phone for sending text messages?
    I am currently trying to implement sockets into AFT (using code that Damo2k sent me, thanks Damo!), but it doesn't work on my phone. That said, neither does the actual voipbuster client, it just says "Connecting.." when sending the message and then after about 20 seconds or so says "Failed".

Anything special I need to look out for?

I have a SonyEricsson K750i

There are some problems with VB nowadays. The midlet doesnt work all the time. the sms rate is higher now, it's not 1c anymore, but 5c to most destinations, even for non-urlSMS.

free sms no longer works as they implemented a FUP (fair usage policy) that kicks in after 11 sms. I was able to send sms of the pc with that java code, but after 11 sms, i get a "no credit on account" reply.

Even their original voipbuster client for the phone returns this.

free sms no longer works as they implemented a FUP (fair usage policy) that kicks in after 11 sms. I was able to send sms of the pc with that java code, but after 11 sms, i get a "no credit on account" reply.

Even their original voipbuster client for the phone returns this.

Have you used the client on your phone and if so, what model of phone do you have?

yea the client worked on my phone before. I sent about 5 sms with it. I have the Nokia N73 on 3. (3 have port 9000 blocked now anyway)

I sent the remaining 6 sms via the java code you recieved via pc, after that , the sms stopped sending. I checked the reply by trying to send a sms via the phone after this and the reply was "no credit availabel on account"

According to posters on voipbuster's forum, the FUP is limited to 11 sms.

yea the client worked on my phone before. I sent about 5 sms with it. I have the Nokia N73 on 3. (3 have port 9000 blocked now anyway)

I sent the remaining 6 sms via the java code you recieved via pc, after that , the sms stopped sending. I checked the reply by trying to send a sms via the phone after this and the reply was "no credit availabel on account"

According to posters on voipbuster's forum, the FUP is limited to 11 sms.

I was hoping to be able to integrate the sockets stuff into the AFT client but I am not sure that this can work as some of the ports appear to be blocked (I am on o2 uk payg)

3 have blocked all ports from the 17th September bar 80/443.

Did you try running the code from your pc?

Advertisement