Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Club Vitae, Maldron Hotel

Options
  • 04-03-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is a member here at the moment.

Used to be a member there from 2007 up until about 2011 at which stage the equipment was starting to get a bit tired as well as fixtures and fittings.

Anyone know if the machines have been replaced? I'm particularly interested in treadmills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was a member around a year ago and had previously been a member around 3 years before that. They had the same equipment as previous. Most the machines like treadmills, bikes etc.. Didn't work and the weights weren't great either. The staff were nearly always downstairs also and never seemed to really man the workout area to help people. It might have changed in the last year but my guess would be it hasn't. I only went back cause they did an offer of 7 months for €200 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

It's still the same, nothing has been fixed and they have put the price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Jofspring wrote: »
    I only went back cause they did an offer of 7 months for €200 or something like that.
    €175 for 9 months, I got that too, but only by renewing before Christmas. The same Student deal is now €235, which is a helluva hike when you think of it — over a third. That said, €175 was by a country mile the best value in town while it lasted — €1.50/day?

I personally don't care too much about the gym equipment 'cause I only really use it for the pool, which is grand. But they should do something about the "hippos" who just loll all day in the jacuzzi. There's not much room left after three or four of those squeeze themselves in! :D They have signs up asking patrons (on health grounds) not to stay longer than 10 minutes, but nobody enforces it. To be honest, for a fair chunk of the regulars I'd say this replaces their shower/bath at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I left it as i felt it was dying on its feet & there were some odd members there and some even odder staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Parchment wrote: »
    I left it as i felt it was dying on its feet & there were some odd members there and some even odder staff.

I think every pool has it's odd members, don't know if you've ever been to the strand..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I think every pool has it's odd members, don't know if you've ever been to the strand..... :D

I'm actually a member there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lifeiscoached

Agreed, ClubVitae is under-resourced, they will be very kind during consultation and do very little afterwards, water-cuts do not help and management has no dedication in developing the club...there is a gym close to Ballybritt that I have been referenced to, I may check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Agreed, ClubVitae is under-resourced, they will be very kind during consultation and do very little afterwards, water-cuts do not help and management has no dedication in developing the club...there is a gym close to Ballybritt that I have been referenced to, I may check it out.

I heard the gym close to Ballybritt is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Ballybritt? As in Galway? It's a bit of a spin to go to the gym.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement