Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, where do ye go lads?

• 16-02-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

As a single young lady with some many more single young lady friends we often wondered where the men of Limerick hibernate on a Sunday? We've often taken a trip into the pubs in and around the city on a Sunday afternoon but to no avail... Do you all stay at home with feet to the fire after the Sunday roast? Or is there a hive out in the county you disappear to? Just hoping the females of the county don't have to solely rely on the Icon/Nancy's etc. on the regular Saturday night! Or indeed, the dreaded internet dating...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Go on... Yougoodthing...

Sorry couldn't resist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

Most men would probably have work on Monday morning so wouldn't be venturing out on Sunday night. What age group?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

I would suspect, on a Sunday, that the Gaelic Grounds would be a good place to start....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

If you want to meet single guys on a night then Sunday is probably one of the worst nights of the week to head out.

Thurs/Fri/Sat is your best option. Bars like Mickey Martins, The Red Hen, Savoy Bar, Tom Collins, Flannerys. And of course Nancys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Tefral

If you want to meet single guys on a night then Sunday is probably one of the worst nights of the week to head out.

Thurs/Fri/Sat is your best option. Bars like Mickey Martins, The Red Hen, Savoy Bar, Tom Collins, Flannerys. And of course Nancys.

Yep only lads that are barbers or in the pub trade seem to have drinks Sunday eve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

As a single young lady with some many more single young lady friends we often wondered where the men of Limerick hibernate on a Sunday? We've often taken a trip into the pubs in and around the city on a Sunday afternoon but to no avail... Do you all stay at home with feet to the fire after the Sunday roast? Or is there a hive out in the county you disappear to? Just hoping the females of the county don't have to solely rely on the Icon/Nancy's etc. on the regular Saturday night! Or indeed, the dreaded internet dating...

Let me know where you're going this Sunday night, and I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

and Charlie's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

a3f38b7c-77ce-4868-a7fa-8085f62ded50_guns-n-roses-o.gif

Where do we go?
    Where do we go now?
    Where do we go?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yougoodthing

Well I was more talking about Sunday afternoons, casual drinks, bit of banter... Home for the bit of Glenroe! (We're girls in our late twenties btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Well I was more talking about Sunday afternoons, casual drinks, bit of banter... Home for the bit of Glenroe! (We're girls in our late twenties btw!)

Town is dead on Sunday's, The Locke can be good for afternoon lunch or dinner, I'll see you there next weekend :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We'd be watching premier league football at that time, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

and Charlie's

Charlie Saint Georges.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

YFlyer wrote: »
    Charlie Saint Georges.

Charlie Malone's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

We'd be watching premier league football at that time, sorry.

I know a lot of people go to places like the Still House to watches at that time :P they are obviously there, just maybe not in the most sociable of moods.

I would have thought, any night of the week, women would have no problem meeting guys. There are always more guys out than women usually.
    You could also elaborate. Do you want to meet fellas who would go to Smyths or the Icon, or do you want to meet fellas who wouldn't go near the place?
    Cobblestone Joes or Nancys will have the most guys on a Sunday. If there's an important match on the tv, you'll get more out too, so watch out for any upcoming GAA, rugby, or premier league games. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yougoodthing

seachto7 wrote: »
    I would have thought, any night of the week, women would have no problem meeting guys. There are always more guys out than women usually.
    You could also elaborate. Do you want to meet fellas who would go to Smyths or the Icon, or do you want to meet fellas who wouldn't go near the place?
    Cobblestone Joes or Nancys will have the most guys on a Sunday. If there's an important match on the tv, you'll get more out too, so watch out for any upcoming GAA, rugby, or premier league games. ;)

Really? O, I completely disagree. Ever since the more recent diaspora, the percentage of males on a night out has dwindled completely! It's any man's dream out there at the minute... But in keeping to the point, fellas are in such short supply that we girls don't have much of an option between those who go to 'Smyths or the Icon' and the other places! Smyths wouldn't be my number one choice at the minute, think you're a little old for it in your late twenties...Nancy's or Flannery's on Catherine Street seem to be the best option. Will keep an eye on all matches though!:-) Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Treaty Comedy Club

Really? O, I completely disagree. Ever since the more recent diaspora, the percentage of males on a night out has dwindled completely! It's any man's dream out there at the minute... But in keeping to the point, fellas are in such short supply that we girls don't have much of an option between those who go to 'Smyths or the Icon' and the other places! Smyths wouldn't be my number one choice at the minute, think you're a little old for it in your late twenties...Nancy's or Flannery's on Catherine Street seem to be the best option. Will keep an eye on all matches though!:-) Thanks for the heads up!

What could possibly be better than a comedy show? :P Start as you mean to go on, laughing and having fun! :)

Our next Show is in Cobblestone Joes; Wenesday the 25th where we will have:

Jake Bourke (Touring Brighton and Edinburgh Fringe festival with his new show. Jake Bourke: Failure)
    Danny Ryan (Winner of Show me the funny. Prize: Comedy tent at electric picnic)
    Steven Ryan: (Finalist in the Chortle Student Comedy awards; Edinburough Fringe 2014)

We'd love to see you there.

Cheers,
    Bam O'Grady
    Treaty Comedy Club

Well, I'm in my late 30s, so I'm too old for the whole lot of it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Norbert's.

Advertisement