Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

http://resource.hetg.ie/home/job-details.123.227.html

Some contract IT Sys Admin type roles here. I've worked for these for several years now and can say that for the most part it has been very enjoyable. Feel free to PM for details etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

STIG83 wrote: »
    Must be weekend work?

Its the same rate of pay for weekend and 3 shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

34 year old lacal male here looking for work. all jobs considered. have 6 years experience in meat factorys and butchery. also about 10 years in d construction trade labouring for brickys and plasterers.i used to erect fencing aswell.was also collecting bins for a few years . generally looking for hard heavy labour. I like tough work.early morning's late nites no problem. also consider farm work.anything going sure get back to me tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spartacus88

Has anybody that's applied for Baush & Lomb hear anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

My husband is in for the job - did aptitude test last Tuesday morning? He hasn't heard anything. But I do know that a friend of mine also did aptitude test last Tuesday got a regret letter this morning.

Maybe no news is good news??......hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

I havent heard anything either, might have filled the positions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mhornby123

Any update on jobs going, retail or part time, studenty type stuff? Thanks very much guys

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

mhornby123 wrote: »
    Any update on jobs going, retail or part time, studenty type stuff? Thanks very much guys

Did you see this I posted a while back Mr Price opening soon by the looks of the work happening in the building out by Superquinn/Supervalu
    http://www.mrprice.ie/categories/content/17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mhornby123

applied today so we will see what happens happens, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

deisediva wrote: »
    Did you see this I posted a while back Mr Price opening soon by the looks of the work happening in the building out by Superquinn/Supervalu

http://www.mrprice.ie/categories/content/17

Anyone get anything back from Mr Price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

myself and the partner applied by email last wk.we havnt heard a ting bk yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Was in the paper the other day that over 200 applied for TEN positions in Mr Price.

Says it all really doesn't it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think they have had interviews and all for Mr. Price I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

All jobs in mr price are gone I got one had interview 3weeks ago got call last week to say I had got it and call yesterday to say I start on 7th april. Not sure when opening yet as we will just be setting the shop up but will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

All jobs in mr price are gone I got one had interview 3weeks ago got call last week to say I had got it and call yesterday to say I start on 7th april. Not sure when opening yet as we will just be setting the shop up but will be soon

Do you know if they were looking for forklift drivers for the store room?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Do you know if they were looking for forklift drivers for the store room?

No dont think.so as I got the good inwards position and I dont drive a forklift. But if I here of anything else I will let you know

I was after that position! Ya bastard! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

No dont think.so as I got the good inwards position and I dont drive a forklift. But if I here of anything else I will let you know

Cheers, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Have seen a sign up in the window at La Boheme, they're asking for experienced waiting staff. Sign says to drop off the cv or to send an email (didn't write down the address, sorry). There was also a sign up as of last week at Planet Spice, they're looking for an experienced waitress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ramada Hotel looking for Head Chef and Sous Chef jobs on jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I would not advise anyone to work here. The Ramada hotel simply cannot hang on to decent staff (look how many times a Head Chef has been advertised in the last 12 months) and any ones that do join are out in a few months. I am not specifically naming anyone here, Im just asking posters to think why a hotel would need to advertise for so many job positions over and over and over....

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

its not a ramada hotel anymore and has'nt been for a while, its just known as viking hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MillyD123

Did anyone who took the aptitude test in Bausch & Lomb there 2/3 weeks ago, hear anything yet ?

I would not advise anyone to work here. The Ramada hotel simply cannot hang on to decent staff (look how many times a Head Chef has been advertised in the last 12 months) and any ones that do join are out in a few months. I am not specifically naming anyone here, Im just asking posters to think why a hotel would need to advertise for so many job positions over and over and over....

After having an interview in its sisters(?) hotel last week, I'd agree with this. Wouldn't even want to work there after how I was treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

^ The sister hotel is even worse. I had a mate who walked out of the Viking after weeks of being treated like absolute sh*te, never getting their wages and being spoken to like a little child. To be honest, how they even lasted that long is beyond me. Its an open secret in Waterford recruitment offices that they take "bets" on how long a person who joins either hotel will last. Stay well, well away. Toxic management and it will never change.

^ The sister hotel is even worse. I had a mate who walked out of the Viking after weeks of being treated like absolute sh*te, never getting their wages and being spoken to like a little child. To be honest, how they even lasted that long is beyond me. Its an open secret in Waterford recruitment offices that they take "bets" on how long a person who joins either hotel will last. Stay well, well away. Toxic management and it will never change.

After researching it before my interview, I noticed it must have had atleast 4/5 different managers in 4 years, also tripadvisor reviews about it skimping on staff and any there, were ran off their feet and miserable, think I've dodged a bullet.

(Just to make sure, the Woodlands is the sister hotel right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

MillyD123 wrote: »
    Did anyone who took the aptitude test in Bausch & Lomb there 2/3 weeks ago, hear anything yet ?

My husband did it. Still hasn't heard anything. I know another man that got a regret letter last week. If you didn't hear anything you are apparently still in the running. Think they are doing the interviews in batches??

Does anyone else on here have any updates?

I heard the hourly rate is € 9 euro per hour plus shift rate 25%. Dunno how true that is either.

Are these 50 people going to be kept on after the 6 months?

Any info appreciated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

My husband did it. Still hasn't heard anything. I know another man that got a regret letter last week. If you didn't hear anything you are apparently still in the running. Think they are doing the interviews in batches??

Does anyone else on here have any updates?

I heard the hourly rate is € 9 euro per hour plus shift rate 25%. Dunno how true that is either.

Are these 50 people going to be kept on after the 6 months?

Any info appreciated?

The hourly rate has been mentioned a few times already in the last couple of pages i think its about €14 ,from what i heard they have taken on over 130 already and are hiring another 20 to cover summer holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Hi guys I sent of cvs to some factory's a while ago and never got any acknowledgments from two jobs, do companies still reply to applications these day's? It was genzyme and glanbia and I sent them well over a month ago.

Advertisement