Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

New barbers shop on the ground floor in Arthurs Quay, between Remix and the Smoothie shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Lads, is there not a Limerick website and one for all counties where local news can we written? Great thread but thinking local news papers do like doom and gloom - a Ireland websute with a tab for each county would be a great idea - people could post local news, store openings etc - there's a business idea for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

like Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Maybe a website for new business ideas beyond eurostores,coffeeshops,barbers,burrito places,japanese/Asian restaurants

Because new businesses in Limerick are much like my username

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

like Boards?

No, more like a dedicated site - boards has many topics - a dedicated website would probably be more successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No, more like a dedicated site - boards has many topics - a dedicated website would probably be more successful.

Websites need to generate revenue otherwise they're just hobbies. Couldn't see a very specific website managing to stay going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Like ... http://www.limerick.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

While driving on Henry street today I noticed that the new Japanese/Thai:confused: restaurant on the corner of Bedford row appeared to have opened up the window and had lights and staff inside, has it opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's open, yeah. No name over the door though! I don't think many know it's there/open.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

It's open, yeah. No name over the door though! I don't think many know it's there/open.

It is called Clovers and it opened two days ago. Menu looks good but I have not eaten there. They do not have their liquor licence yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Front page of the Chronicle today has a story about Starbucks opening in the glass fronted Thomas Street centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Pandiani wrote: »
    Front page of the Chronicle today has a story about Starbucks opening in the glass fronted Thomas Street centre.

At the corner of Catherine Street? Slightly unusual choice of location for Starbucks who usually go for anchor stores on main thoroughfares like Costa Coffee and McDonald's do. Anyway, excellent news if Starbucks are coming (I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm not complaining).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Up in Dublin they have Starbucks everywhere and anywhere. Catherine/Thomas street would be a good location as its already a popular enough place for people to go for food or a cup of coffee. It's a fine big unit as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

ANOTHER cafe, mother of God

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

I see Mizzonis is opening in the old Noor/ Pizza plus unit on Thomas street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

adaminho wrote: »
    I see Mizzonis is opening in the old Noor/ Pizza plus unit on Thomas street.

Brilliant, let's hope they do a better job when they were out in raheen. It's my fav fast food pizza place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

I hear that Ivans is very close to be reopened under Del Arte as a cafe/deli/bakery..
    Hope the bakery is as good as the old Ivans!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

moby2101 wrote: »
    I hear that Ivans is very close to be reopened under Del Arte as a cafe/deli/bakery..
    Hope the bakery is as good as the old Ivans!

There's certainly been activity on the premises (and the carpark) in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

There's a new health food bakery/coffee shop opening on the Ennis road next to the wild onion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

There's a new health food bakery/coffee shop opening on the Ennis road next to the wild onion.
    Sorry, where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Sorry, where's that?

Just down from the maternity as you head to sarsfield bridge.....will be a seller of healthy and gluten free food and bread etc...owner sells in the milk market every week I beleive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The name 'Health Gluten-Free' is ridiculous and every time I pass the shopfront I lol. Gluten-free does not mean healthy unless you are a coeliac. The name makes me think that they are jumping on a silly fad diet bandwagon and really do not know anything about health. Extremely poor name choice for a health food shop imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

panda100 wrote: »
    The name 'Health Gluten-Free' is ridiculous and every time I pass the shopfront I lol. Gluten-free does not mean healthy unless you are a coeliac. The name makes me think that they are jumping on a silly fad diet bandwagon and really do not know anything about health. Extremely poor name choice for a health food shop imo.

I drove past it today and had the exact same thought. Often gluten free stuff can have less nutrients in it , its only relevant if you are intolerant to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'd say the owners know this and are just taking advantage of the current spike in interest from the general ignorant public to be honest.

I'd say the owners know this and are just taking advantage of the current spike in interest from the general ignorant public to be honest.

To be honest I'd say the dogs in the street are aware of the false claims made for a gluten free diet at this stage, it's been covered endlessly in the media over the past six months. If that is indeed the name of the shop it seems a bit lazy, the type of customer they will be aiming at is well educated and likely to give a place like this a wide berth unless they have quite a few boxes ticked, one of which is signage and the name. They'd be unlikely to walk across the bridge from Alchemist earth after picking up their moisturiser.

The small topaz on the dock road is receiving a new fit out and a new name also, wonder why it wasn't done during that long closure? That larger station is an absolute goldmine despite the deli counter being fairly substandard. I assume that that's what brings a lot of the business in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

There is a certain type of consumer who thinks if they just drink cola nought, sugar free desserts, non-fat chips, diet crisps, light beer, soy latte (decaf or course), gluten-free bread and the likes, they can gorge themselves and they will stay thin, fit and healthy.
    They are usually easily recognised as they are obese and always sick.
    And there is an entire industry that is only too happy to cater for these people.
    They're worse than the tobacco industry IMO, at least Marlboro don't claim their product is healthy for you.
    No thanks, I want a proper muffin or piece of cake, made with real ingredients and not pumped full of air or chemicals to simulate the taste of the real stuff. I like proper beer, and my coffee better wake me up!
    If you want to be healthy, eat natural food. Preferably organic and never anything processed. If you don't want to be fat, cut out the pies, the chips, the burgers the crisps, the chocolate, the soft drinks (ESPECIALLY the soft drinks) and EXCERCISE!
    It's not rocket science!
    Ironically eating the real stuff is probably better for you than eating the fake, plastic food.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The small topaz on the dock road is receiving a new fit out and a new name also, wonder why it wasn't done during that long closure? That larger station is an absolute goldmine despite the deli counter being fairly substandard. I assume that that's what brings a lot of the business in there.

Galway got the first "re-store" fit out as I think it's the West flagship store, Newcastle.

I've been in the new fitout and it still no draw for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Work also due to start on Caherdavin station in mid April

Advertisement