Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doogee Devices

Comments

Have you had a smartphone that heavy before?

Battery life is important to me and is one of the main features I look at when reading/watching reviews, but I don't see the appeal of having such a dramatically heavy, less comfortable phone that I hold every day just for those handful of times per year where 5000mAh won't cut it because I don't have access to a charger or power back for two nights in a row.

If it's more important to you than for me, I personally would just go a for a lighter, more reputable phone with half the battery and buy a case with a built-in battery and put that on it on those rare days where you think you would need it, and enjoy your phone with a regular case on the majority of days where it's not necessary. Or at least, head into a Tesco and see how a phone of that size and weight feels in the hand before deciding on it. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have you had a smartphone that heavy before?

Battery life is important to me and is one of the main features I look at when reading/watching reviews, but I don't see the appeal of having such a dramatically heavy, less comfortable phone that I hold every day just for those handful of times per year where 5000mAh won't cut it because I don't have access to a charger or power back for two nights in a row.

If it's more important to you than for me, I personally would just go a for a lighter, more reputable phone with half the battery and buy a case with a built-in battery and put that on it on those rare days where you think you would need it, and enjoy your phone with a regular case on the majority of days where it's not necessary. Or at least, head into a Tesco and see how a phone of that size and weight feels in the hand before deciding on it. :)

No I haven't, so its something to consider. I've ad charging cases before and tbh have found them pretty unreliable (though its been 3/4 years since i last had one).

Alos looking at the redmi note 9 with 5020 mAH.

Will check out tesco, didn't know they were selling the.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Phone, decent case and battery pack would be better IMO. At least you could balance between the pockets rather than being lopsided with the weight of one phone.

Will check out tesco, didn't know they were selling the.

They're not, but you should try out their heaviest phone to see how it feels. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So.. took the plunge and got this.

Yes its heavy in comparison to my p20 pro, but after a few days its not noticeable tbh.

Battery life is insane, getting 3-3.5 days out of a single charge with my normal usage.

Camera is basic, but is ok.

Apps etc run fine. So far so good.

• Advertisement

So.. took the plunge and got this.

Yes its heavy in comparison to my p20 pro, but after a few days its not noticeable tbh.

Battery life is insane, getting 3-3.5 days out of a single charge with my normal usage.

Camera is basic, but is ok.

Apps etc run fine. So far so good.

sending it back.
    The Bluetooth is unusable with airpods/bluetooth speaker/car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sending it back.

Fair play for coming back and letting us know, nothing like hands on experience of a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sending it back.

I've fitted metal cases to phones before and removed them. Hammers antenna performance. Doog probably failed to mitigate this.

ED E wrote: »
    I've fitted metal cases to phones before and removed them. Hammers antenna performance. Doog probably failed to mitigate this.

Yeah, its some type of interference issue, been out on the bike and walking etc, in order to get 5 seconds of music, i need to switch off and then back on Bluetooth, it crackles and then just goes silent but its still connected.

Tried a few different Bluetooth devices but same experience on all.
    A real shame as the battery was incredible, on the plus side my p20 pro feels very slim now :pac:

Advertisement