Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pluckaby

I wouldn't worry about the website being down! It seems that there is a Shopify outage which the vodafonefaf.ie website depends on

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That link not working for me now

Link is working fine for me both on my laptop/phone and using / not using an incognito tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Raoul wrote: »
    Support told I would receive the code on the 28th.

I got the same answer. Between the 28th and the 3rd of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I wasn't given a date, just told to wait 14 days.
    Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just thinking, maybe they are only sending the codes on Wednesdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Just thinking, maybe they are only sending the codes on Wednesdays.

Someone else said this previously I think, but another person got a code over Twitter yesterday, so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Link is working fine for me both on my laptop/phone and using / not using an incognito tab.

Working again for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Twitter guy says 20 days to get code....chat guy says 14 days...chat lady says you are not eligible ... happy bank holiday weekend folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

First set arrived today. Just used the for a few minutes but very impressed with the audio quality. Thanks again to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

DopeTech wrote: »
    First set arrived today. Just used the for a few minutes but very impressed with the audio quality. Thanks again to the OP.

Don't be making us jealous!

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Don't be making us jealous!

They are not both for me!! I think I need to thank you as it was your post over in the other thread that tipped me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Y34vSS9

Might be a chance of us still getting them for people who started the port before the offer was taken down

https://ibb.co/Y34vSS9

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

The updated Offer terms mention that:

To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 23rd October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.

So it expires today (23rd October), normally you wouldn't need to worry if you successfully ported to Vodafone X by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

inel wrote: »

To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 23rd October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.

So it expires today (23rd October), normally you wouldn't need to worry if you successfully ported to Vodafone X by tonight.

I wonder what does successful port mean? I ported from Eir yesterday and my SIM became invalid today. I presume my Vodafone SIM is on the way and I am successfully ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Talk about moving the goalposts :eek:.
    They are making a complete mess of a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Managed to get this over the line today. Do the buds just come in the post?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Managed to get this over the line today. Do the buds just come in the post?

Did you receive your code and purchase the buds? They get delivered via an post. You will be sent the tracking number when they are dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Did you receive your code and purchase the buds? They get delivered via an post. You will be sent the tracking number when they are dispatched.

Didn't receive a code yet

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Didn't receive a code yet

You need to receive the code and follow the link in the text to buy the buds. When you apply the code it'll bring them down to €0.00. Expect it next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GreyAlien

Where are you seeing these updated terms? Looking at the page still live, I see the following.

How do I get this offer and claim my free Samsung Wireless Earbuds?

a. To get this offer, you will need to meet the following criteria:

1. Switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile) between 28th September 2020 and 30th October 2020

2. Top up by €20 in one go before 13th November

3. Use your phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services. You can view full terms here

b. Once you have completed these steps, you will then receive an SMS from us within 14 days. This SMS will include a unique discount code and a link to the redemption page. Once you receive your code, follow the link in the SMS and use the unique discount code to redeem your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds. Your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered within 5 working days. This offer is available while stock lasts.

• Advertisement

GreyAlien wrote: »
    Where are you seeing these updated terms? Looking at the page still live, I see the following.

How do I get this offer and claim my free Samsung Wireless Earbuds?

a. To get this offer, you will need to meet the following criteria:

1. Switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile) between 28th September 2020 and 30th October 2020

2. Top up by €20 in one go before 13th November

3. Use your phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services. You can view full terms here

b. Once you have completed these steps, you will then receive an SMS from us within 14 days. This SMS will include a unique discount code and a link to the redemption page. Once you receive your code, follow the link in the SMS and use the unique discount code to redeem your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds. Your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered within 5 working days. This offer is available while stock lasts.

Those were the original t&c's before Vodafone moved the goalposts at least twice :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GreyAlien

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Those were the original t&c's before Vodafone moved the goalposts at least twice :(.

I'm still seeing those terms on the linked page under frequently asked questions. Are the new terms elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,118 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lately they have become all too restictive, I've had about 5 phone previously through similar schemes of upgrade and switch.

GreyAlien wrote: »
    I'm still seeing those terms on the linked page under frequently asked questions. Are the new terms elsewhere?

Go to the galaxy buds promotion at this link:

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Lately they have become all too restictive, I've had about 5 phone previously through similar schemes of upgrade and switch.

Best have a few eir sims at the ready in case they exclude 48, Tesco and lyca again.

Ordered Sim Thursday 22nd, received today.
    Got onto Live Chat to check and after nearly 1 hour online with them, this is what happened.

Agent says firstly, "yes you will still qualify for the Buds offer".
    Later on in the conversation, that changes to "no you won't as the number wasn't ported over by 23rd".
    Me "I couldn't port as I haven't received the Vodafone Sim which was ordered on 22nd".
    Agent: Here's the t&c's which state number must have been ported by 23rd".
    Me: "here's the original t&c's which state end date was 30th". (copy and paste from page 1 :))
    Agent: "No that's wrong it's the 23rd".
    Me: "It was changed yesterday".
    Agent: "No these haven't changed!, anyway I've checked and you won't qualify".
    Me: "Okay cancel the port please".
    Agent: "No can do, you have to ring another team to do that".
    Me: Gave up.

Not the best way to try and get new customers onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

They are not both for me!! I think I need to thank you as it was your post over in the other thread that tipped me off!

Yep, you do. You should probably send me one of the pairs. In fact I probably deserve both :p

A person I know just shared a link to the promotion that they saw on Facebook, which still links to a working page where you can sign up to the promotion. The link to terms from this page still says the 30th of October for expiry.

You'd think they would just kill the page rather than remove it from the Vodafone website home screen.

Basil3 wrote: »
    A person I know just shared a link to the promotion that they saw on Facebook, which still links to a working page where you can sign up to the promotion. The link to terms from this page still says the 30th of October for expiry.

You'd think they would just kill the page rather than remove it from the Vodafone website home screen.
    It seems to be back now. This page was "not found" yesterday.

https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html?c_id=-campus-home-page-banner&c_name=campus-home-page-banner&c_source=home-page-banner&c_medium=other

• Advertisement

Wonder why they have taken it off the home page then?
    The offer there is €50 off a phone and €5 extra credit when topping up by €20.

Advertisement