Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 8/Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Was thinking about the wireless earphones

Was hoping for wireless charging on them to be compatible with wireless charging on the pro but 10 min charge time will do me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Looking forward to a review of the bullets wireless z. Kinda looks like they cheeped out on the construction (plastic vs the metal of the v2s) and possibly the sound quality?

The version 2s are excellent but were €100

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pacifico wrote: »
    Looking forward to a review of the bullets wireless z. Kinda looks like they cheeped out on the construction (plastic vs the metal of the v2s) and possibly the sound quality?

The version 2s are excellent but were €100

I don't like the bar thing around your neck but at €50 they are a good price.

Was thinking about the wireless earphones

Was hoping for wireless charging on them to be compatible with wireless charging on the pro but 10 min charge time will do me !

Had been waiting to see what they’d do with the design but I’ll wait for the new pixel buds now as the bullets are yet another with nothing to hold them in your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

According to SuperSaf, the Intersteller green and the blue version of the Oneplus8/8pro won't be coming to the UK most likely including Ireland. Shame I presume that means the glacial green will only be available in the more expensive model too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Guys, are all Oneplus de facto Dual SIM? Thinking of preordering this, but just afraid I'll get caught out by the Marketing Bumpf and be delivered a single sim.

Guys, are all Oneplus de facto Dual SIM? Thinking of preordering this, but just afraid I'll get caught out by the Marketing Bumpf and be delivered a single sim.

Yes they are usually, only know of the t-mobile one in the US being single sim

Yes they are usually, only know of the t-mobile one in the US being single sim

Nice one!!,as a Huawei user who got sidewinded by the Mi 10 being only single sim in Europe, I didn't want to get caught out with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Nice one!!,as a Huawei user who got sidewinded by the Mi 10 being only single sim in Europe, I didn't want to get caught out with this.

Every one plus phone I've ever had, including the 7 pro that I'm typing this on is dual sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone pre-ordering and looking for a €10 off accessories voucher link...send me a PM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was holding out for this but can't justify the price. My 3T is still going strong 3+ years on so will look elsewhere.

Was holding out for this but can't justify the price. My 3T is still going strong 3+ years on so will look elsewhere.

Same here, the pro is just too much for me and while I could get the 8 with a 5% student discount, the reviews aren't doing it any justice really.. time to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Same here, the pro is just too much for me and while I could get the 8 with a 5% student discount, the reviews aren't doing it any justice really.. time to do some research.

How do you mean? I've only seen positive things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

glasso wrote: »
    yes always a let down on the camera which is embarrassing at this stage.

a sub 200 euro pixel 3a takes better photos than the 7T.

You're paying for the 5g with the OnePlus. It was one of the cheapest options for a 5g phone when I recently was picking out a new phone.

Personally I decided that 5g wasn't that big a deal for me and got a Pixel 3 for a lot cheaper. Free storage on Google photos for original quality photos and videos taken on it before 2022, a great camera and a two year old made this an easy choice.

How do you mean? I've only seen positive things?

MrMobile, Supersaf etc reviews weren't too positive which put me off a bit. Maybe I just need to do some more research

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Reviews do look great. People will just have to accept they OnePlus are no longer the budget friendly flagship killer they used to be.

Currently on the 5T, wouldn't mind a camera upgrade..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I have a Samsung S20 plus but with a trade in only paid around €550 , the OP Pro 8 looks on a par but they definitely arent a budget handset anymore, someone else will come along and take their place and so on and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung S20 plus but with a trade in only paid around €550 , the OP Pro 8 looks on a par but they definitely arent a budget handset anymore, someone else will come along and take their place and so on and so on.

The S20+ is €1129 direct from Samsung at the moment and that's only for a 128GB version. The OP8 Pro in 128GB is only €919. That's still €210 of a difference. And would you not compare the Pro to the Ultra seeing as both are the top spec options?

Either way, people kept asking for IP certification, better cameras and wireless charging and now that they've got it they're complaining prices have risen to much. It's hard to please everyone but these items add to the cost.

I think when OP launched originally there was about €300 of a difference between itself and the Samsung S6? Could be wrong on that though.

I'm gone past the stage of paying big money for phones so won't be buying anything for the moment but both the S20 and OP8 look good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cant recommend the 7T enough for people who are put by the price, there really doesn't seem to be much difference between the 7T and non Pro 8

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cant recommend the 7T enough for people who are put by the price, there really doesn't seem to be much difference between the 7T and non Pro 8

7T and the 8 maybe? Some significant differences between the 7T and the 8Pro imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Onyx black the only option is both base models isn’t great.

Couple of other colours that aren’t there at all as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has anyone been able to work out why the Irish price is €20 higher than the rest of Europe?

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to work out why the Irish price is €20 higher than the rest of Europe?

I presume it's due to 23% vat whereas it's lower in most mainland Europe? Italys the same

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Am I Evil? wrote: »

It seems to vary. Germany is €699, Spain in €709, Italy is €719. I have no idea if the logic but the price isn't the same anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I have the OP3, thinking about an upgrade. My camera does't focus anymore and the volume buttons don't work either. I've already replaced the audio jack and the power port; think it's maybe time to send my little OP3 to the farm for old tech.

The OP8 pro is out of my price range and honestly I could only really stretch to the OP8 (128Gb version) if I thought the specs were that much better than the OP7T or OP7Tpro.

The OP7Tpro is £700 from OP themselves but cheaper used elsewhere and I'm hoping htere will be a proce drop in the next week or so when the 8 series starts arriving at people's doors. I know there has been a suggestion above of going 7T over 8 for cost, but what about the 7Tpro? How do you think that stacks up against the 8?

It seems to vary. Germany is €699, Spain in €709, Italy is €719. I have no idea if the logic but the price isn't the same anywhere.

€688 on Amazon.co.uk, free delivery if you have Prime.

Actually, its €704 after VAT adjustment.

Dave Lee basically said thumbs up, camera and all, so that would be good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Amazon Germany have the 7T for €499 minus delivery at the minute, good bargain

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

xtal191 wrote: »
    Amazon Germany have the 7T for €499 minus delivery at the minute, good bargain

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

I am tempted as an upgrade to my 6T but not sure is enough difference really. Would still need G-cam I would assume

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Debating whether to upgrade by OP5. Considering the similarity in cost, would I be better going for the non-pro 8 or the 7T Pro. Or any other suggestions? Had been looking at the Pixel 4 too.

Advertisement