Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Couple more pictures;
    nt5eTN8.jpg
    1hUsHyX.jpg

Looks to be pricey too
    https://twitter.com/MaxWinebach/status/1224107842199789568

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Looks to be pricey too

Crazy money to be honest. Will wait a few months and buy the previous generation Note 10+ cheap if I want to upgrade from my Note 9.

Why did they drop the S11 name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Crazy money to be honest. Will wait a few months and buy the previous generation Note 10+ cheap if I want to upgrade from my Note 9.

Why did they drop the S11 name?

It's the year 2020 maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I wonder if they will be dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

smurfjed wrote: »
    I wonder if they will be dual sim.

S10 are so surely they will be

Anyone gonna pre order? Anyone gonna try get the Snapdragon variant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Euro pricing (attached)

The Note 20 is going to hurt.

Also, the S20 Ultra's colour options are drab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Thee new Xiaomi Mi 10 pro launches this week I think... Less than half the price and close to the high end S20 specs...even the OnePlus 8 coming out in a month or 2 will be much better value for your buck.
    Some of these prices are just too unreasonable for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ChopShop wrote: »
    Euro pricing (attached)

The Note 20 is going to hurt.

Also, the S20 Ultra's colour options are drab.

That is some price to pay. I bought my s10 a couple of months after the price drop. Anyone know the price of the s10 at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭eggy81

Think I paid 800 in cpw for a sim free standard s10.

Does anyone know if the rumours are true about only the higher end S20's getting free wireless earphones?

If so then I'll definitely be waiting for the price drop in them Asian shops in town before buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the rumours are true about only the higher end S20's getting free wireless earphones?

If so then I'll definitely be waiting for the price drop in them Asian shops in town before buying.

Looks like it, I see a Vodafone Ireland store page for pre-orders of the S20 +/S20 Ultra and it states free Buds+. But on the same page the S20 and S20 5G, don't have the Buds offer attached.

Not sure if the page is supposed to be up yet because when you click on Pre-Order it brings you to the S10 5G page. Another thing i noticed in the T&C's beneath the listing is, you need to pre-order by xx.02.20.
    Claim a free pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+ worth €XXX when you buy the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G by XX.02.20. Claim online within 30 days of purchase. See terms and conditions.

So looks like it'll be up for pre-order on the day of "Galaxy UNPACKED event" 11th.

Anyway here's the google listing for it........

Njvq4OP.png

And Here's the link to the VF page.

bazzz wrote: »
    Looks like it, I see a Vodafone Ireland store page for pre-orders of the S20 +/S20 Ultra and it states free Buds+. But on the same page the S20 and S20 5G, don't have the Buds offer attached.

Not sure if the page is supposed to be up yet because when you click on Pre-Order it brings you to the S10 5G page. Another thing i noticed in the T&C's beneath the listing is, you need to pre-order by xx.02.20.

So looks like it'll be up for pre-order on the day of "Galaxy UNPACKED event" 11th.

Anyway here's the google listing for it........

Njvq4OP.png

And Here's the link to the VF page.

That's unfair. The S10 had the ear buds last year.

I'll wait a few months so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

never known the leaks to be so accurate...its exactly as the leaks said....from cameras to price and design.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Wow they are pricey, I think I'll wait to see what the p40 pro has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

jay28 wrote: »
    Wow they are pricey, I think I'll wait to see what the p40 pro has to offer.

The p40 will be a grey import import and no Google services. Not worth the hassle no matter how nice the hardware is imo. But yeah these new s20's are setting a worrying precedent for price. I always think for the price of these I could build a very nice gaming pc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mental pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

lertsnim wrote: »
    Mental pricing.

could buy two 65" lg ultra hd hdr smart tv's with saorview and satellite tuner built in for the price of s20 ultra :) ...and still have change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Funnily enough the S20+ is still a bit cheaper than the normal iPhone 11 Pro!

They look great but I don't see the point in upgrading from my 10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Trying to decide between the normal one and the +,can get the regular s20 for 429 as they are giving 500 euro trade in on my s10

chrisire wrote: »
    Trying to decide between the normal one and the +,can get the regular s20 for 429 as they are giving 500 euro trade in on my s10

€500? They only offered me £350 for my S10.

It's more expensive on the Samsung site than other sites too. Gonna work out a lot more cheaper buying it elsewhere and selling the S10 on adverts.

• Advertisement

€500? They only offered me £350 for my S10.

It's more expensive on the Samsung site than other sites too. Gonna work out a lot more cheaper buying it elsewhere and selling the S10 on adverts.

where are you seeing it cheaper?I cant see getting much more than 400 on adverts for an s10

where are you seeing it cheaper?I cant see getting much more than getting 400 on adverts for an s10

Scrap that. It worked out at €950 on Samsung UK using revolut. Another Google search and I see a Samsung site advertising in euro at €930.

I guess you're right. I reckon €420 on adverts. Do you know how the trade in works? Would you be without a phone for a few days like?

I still find it extremely unfair that the S20 doesn't get the free galaxy buds... anything other than the S20 just feels too big to me for everyday, one handed use etc.

Scrap that. It worked out at €950 on Samsung UK using revolut. Another Google search and I see a Samsung site advertising in euro at €930.

I guess you're right. I reckon €420 on adverts. Do you know how the trade in works? Would you be without a phone for a few days like?

I still find it extremely unfair that the S20 doesn't get the free galaxy buds... anything other than the S20 just feels too big to me for everyday, one handed use etc.

As far as i remember you dont send the old phone back till after you have the new one,I've never had a plus model before,happy with the size of the regular one but a mate has the A70 and its actually not much bigger than my s10 to hold and its 6.7 inches too so i think ill go for the plus with the free buds.

From Samsung
    You should send us your trade-in device within 7 days of receiving your new device, using the pre-paid packaging you receive. You will receive reminders over email after 7 days have passed, if we haven't received your device.

As far as i remember you dont send the old phone back till after you have the new one,I've never had a plus model before,happy with the size of the regular one but a mate has the A70 and its actually not much bigger than my s10 to hold and its 6.7 inches too so i think ill go for the plus with the free buds.

From Samsung
    You should send us your trade-in device within 7 days of receiving your new device, using the pre-paid packaging you receive. You will receive reminders over email after 7 days have passed, if we haven't received your device.

I would have got the Plus bit 6.7" seems s little too big for my liking. The girlfriend has the S10+ which is 6.4" which is just about the maximum I'd like to go.

That's very trustworthy of Samsung lol.vi think I'll just go with them. Save the hassle of going onto adverts.

Here's a couple of examples of Samsung's Trade-in prices for the s20 series.

4FKmhL8.png

RKarc10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

bazzz wrote: »
    Here's a couple of examples of Samsung's Trade-in prices for the s20 series.

4FKmhL8.png

RKarc10.png

What website is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Samsungs own website

What website is that?

Samsung's Prices from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I have an S9 which is the same size as the S20 and I like it. I'm tempted to go for S20+ for the depth sensor - is this worth it? I'd be worried size would be too big for me.

Also, is it confirmed that European version isn't shipping with a Snapdragon processor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Have the S10 and they are offering me €500 for it .
    I dont want the + or Ultra so think I'll hold out a few months for a few price drops.

It's a pity they aren't offering the Buds with the the standard version. I got them and the trade in last year when buying the S10.Sold them on adverts for €120 which made a nice extra cut off the outlay.

Advertisement