Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortland Street

• 26-10-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

So.....am I the only one here that is completely addicted to Short land street??(sad I know!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

RTE show it at a very bad time. They should show it at 6 or 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

July Rain wrote: »

Ireland winning the soccer World Cup is far more likely than RTE showing a New Zealand medical soap at 6 or 7pm on either of their main channels...

If they reduced the Six-One News to 30 minutes, then they'd just move Nationwide to 6:30 and stick something like Room to Improve on at 7.

And they're certainly not going to stop showing Neighbours or Home and Away - so if they got rid of the Simpsons, they'd move H&A to 6 and put on something like the Big Bang Theory at 6:30...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

The time doesn't bother me, I have it series linked!;-)
    Just surprised there was no thread about it here!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think there's enough feckin soaps on after 6!!!!!
    Ye my mother loves that show too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Ireland winning the soccer World Cup is far more likely than RTE showing a New Zealand medical soap at 6 or 7pm on either of their main channels...

If they reduced the Six-One News to 30 minutes, then they'd just move Nationwide to 6:30 and stick something like Room to Improve on at 7.

And they're certainly not going to stop showing Neighbours or Home and Away - so if they got rid of the Simpsons, they'd move H&A to 6 and put on something like the Big Bang Theory at 6:30...

It used to be shown at 5.30pm 15 years ago IIRC. I think it would fit in nicely along with neighbours and home & away on RTE Twos evening schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 175 ✭✭sonny jim bob jones

Australia deserves to be commended for the official policy of filling their soap operas with hot ladies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Gee_G wrote: »
    So.....am I the only one here that is completely addicted to Short land street??(sad I know!!)
    I love it too! I think it's one of the best soaps on at the moment! :D

Creepy Doctor Oliver is freaking me out at the moment- eeek! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

My sister used to watch it...

I think it's strange how so many people in uk and ireland become addicted to all kinds of soaps while in the US the vast majority stay very far away.

Posy wrote: »
    I love it too! I think it's one of the best soaps on at the moment! :D

Creepy Doctor Oliver is freaking me out at the moment- eeek! :eek:

Such a freak!! Doubt he will be freaking you out for too much longer ;-)
    Poor Libby doesn't have the best of luck with men!!

Nobody in the Jefferies family seems to! :pac:

• Advertisement

Australia deserves to be commended for the official policy of filling their soap operas with hot ladies.

But Shortland Street comes from the other side of the Tasman Sea... :);)

I think it would fit in nicely along with neighbours and home & away on RTE Twos evening schedule.

I'm afraid I have to disagree... :o

A medical soap probably wouldn't appeal too much to the target audience of the stupid and unimaginatively-named TwoTube strand.

And wouldn't three soaps from Australia and NZ in an hour and a half be overkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

I have it series linked too, really enjoy it. I prefer it over the Aussie soaps.

I'm glad there's other Shorties out there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

I don't know why I watch it - it's kind of so bad it's good in a Sunset Beach kind of way. I hate so many of the characters - especially the Jefferies ladies and I was delighted to see the demise of Shanti. I suppose good characters like Sara, TK & Tracey make up for the rest...... :rolleyes:

washiskin wrote: »
    I don't know why I watch it - it's kind of so bad it's good in a Sunset Beach kind of way. I hate so many of the characters - especially the Jefferies ladies and I was delighted to see the demise of Shanti. I suppose good characters like Sara, TK & Tracey make up for the rest...... :rolleyes:
    Callum! He is the worst ever! Especially when he is trying to be angry or upset.

I hate so many of the characters - especially the Jefferies ladies and I was delighted to see the demise of Shanti.
    :eek: :(

*Puts Washiskin on ignore*

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

:eek: :(

*Puts Washiskin on ignore*

I liked Shanti too, Tracy gets on my nerves though.

Tracey loves a project. She always picks men with problems so she can try to fix them, like Tai with the illiteracy and Maxwell's gambling addiction as well as helping Scotty through his grief.
    She really enjoys having a boyfriend that she can give pamphlets to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well let's examine the facts, shall we?

Totally made dirt of her ex-Fiancé and then had the neck to try to coax him back when Scotty dumped her.

Went behind Scotty's back & undermined him at every turn, even after he warned her of the consequences her actions would bring.

Failed to back her husband up about her eventual grim reaper culminating in joy breaking out in Chez Wash when she shuffled off this mortal coil!! :D:D (yay!)

Oh and Gee G you're right about Callum - always looks like he has just smelled a particularly odorous fart - even when he's being nice....:rolleyes:

Oh and Gee G you're right about Callum - always looks like he has just smelled a particularly odorous fart - even when he's being nice....:rolleyes:
    Brilliant. 'Smell the fart acting.' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I remember watching a few episodes of this a few years back because Caleb Ross (Lex from The Tribe) was in it at the time...
    Anyone know if there's any Tribe alumni in it at the moment? If there is, I may start watching. Could do with another soap on the books again.

• Advertisement

OK so maybe I'm a little bit slow, but I though this was a current series of this. As in like home and away here is only a few months behind oz. But watching it today and Callum and Hunter talking about Sophie's wedding in February 2011!!!

Yeah, we're only up to 2010 so far on RTE. :)

Yeah, we're only up to 2010 so far on RTE. :)

And more than likely we'll remain three years behind for a while yet, as the show has aired five nights a week on TVNZ for almost all its life.

They didn't air it last summer at all, so we got another 3 months behind. Good thinking, RTE! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Amello

I've been watching this at NZ pace since August 2012. Brooke is my favourite on the show. The whole Josh story from last year was brilliant. I can't wait to see what they do with the feature episode this year.

Anyone else still watch this at the NZ pace? It's absolutely class at the moment. Between the whole Hannah family saga and Pania's scheming there's plenty happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

I watch it on RTE. The only reason i look at it is because i love to give out and i just love giving out about the acting. I think its the worst acting ever to hit our screens.

That said i have yet to miss an episode for the last year.

I watch it on RTE. SO I better get out of this thread before I find anything out I don't want to! :pac:

Out of interest, where do you watch it at NZ pace, Mr LaForge Burton? Youtube?

I watch it on RTE. SO I better get out of this thread before I find anything out I don't want to! :pac:

Out of interest, where do you watch it at NZ pace, Mr LaForge Burton? Youtube?

Don't worry, I doubt there'll be much NZ discussion in here... How far behind is RTÉ? Is it still 2 years?

Eh, how do I watch at a NZ pace you ask? Well, I have cousins in New Zealand so to speak... ;)

• Advertisement

I watch it on RTE. The only reason i look at it is because i love to give out and i just love giving out about the acting. I think its the worst acting ever to hit our screens.

*cough* Fair City... *cough* Eldorado... *cough cough* :o:);)

How far behind is RTÉ? Is it still 2 years?

They haven't even reached 2012 yet. :rolleyes:

It seems the only way they'll catch up is if TVNZ cancel the series. And I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

They were also years behind with The Bill - and I don't believe they reached the final episode before they quietly dropped it from the schedules. (That was probably for the better, though - The Bill was awful in its final few years.)

Advertisement