Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language exchange: English / Dutch for Russian

• 26-01-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I am fairly new to learning Russian but looking to improve as much as I can, and I am convinced that next to my once-a-week Russian course I could do with some one on one practicing as well, with native or bilingual speakers.

I am Dutch originally so I could offer this, or English, in return. I have been living in Ireland for just over 2 years, but have done English for a long time, including Cambridge ESOL FCE, CAE and CPE exams (which I passed).

I have also done French for about 6 years and German for 4, so if it is teaching basic sentences or pronunciation I would be able to help you out, but I haven't spoken these languages in a long time so I would not be a great conversational partner.

My Russian level is beginner, I recognize the alphabet, know a couple of sentences, but want to expand my vocabulary and be able to hold a conversation besides the general "hi / how are you". I would be using it in a (friendly) work-environment, and hopefully find some friends along the way to keep practicing it.

I am living and working in Dublin 3 but wouldn't mind meeting up in City Center, or a bit out, depending on the day / time.

Thanks in advance for your interest!

- Mirjam

Advertisement