Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

• 12-10-2020 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

LINK

Move to Vodafone X Plan and Top up €20 to receive Galaxy Buds worth €139(According to Vodafone & Samsung themselves HERE , we know they are available for cheaper elsewhere, but still) while stocks last.

If you have no intention of moving, pick up a free sim from another network (e.g. 48)and follow these steps as per T&Cs :
    a. To get this offer, you will need to meet the following criteria:

1. Switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile) between 28th September 2020 and 30th October 2020

2. Top up by €20 in one go before 13th November

3. Use your phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services. You can view full terms here

b. Once you have completed these steps, you will then receive an SMS from us within 14 days. This SMS will include a unique discount code and a link to the redemption page. Once you receive your code, follow the link in the SMS and use the unique discount code to redeem your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds. Your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered within 5 working days. This offer is available while stock lasts.

Not bad for 20 quid :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Is there some kind of a catch where you are locked in for a year to pay the €20 every 28 days?

Not a great deal when you consider 48.ie are doing it for 8 euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So they aren't really for free.

Nothing free in this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is there some kind of a catch where you are locked in for a year to pay the €20 every 28 days?

No catch, once-off payment of €20 and you can get the Buds and port back/ bin the sim once received!
    paddyg91 wrote: »
    Not a great deal when you consider 48.ie are doing it for 8 euro a month.

The deal is for the Buds, not for moving to the network specifically.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    So they aren't really for free.

Nothing free in this world!

I'm sorry I bothered...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Doing this now looks unreal offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Doing this now looks unreal offer

It does look to be a good offer but they are the 1st gen not the buds+ or buds live versions. Just keep that in mind. You can get these elsewhere for about €60-€70 so while it is a saving it's not as big as they are making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

DopeTech wrote: »
    It does look to be a good offer but they are the 1st gen not the buds+ or buds live versions. Just keep that in mind. You can get these elsewhere for about €60-€70 so while it is a saving it's not as big as they are making out.

Still good and can use the SIM !

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gerrykiddy

rizzee wrote: »

I'm sorry I bothered...

Thanks for bothering, this and the Pixel offer have been a great deal for so many of us. People just try to make things difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They are not worth 139 - can be got for 70 euros new from some retailers.

Even the 3rd Gen Buds Live which came out in August are now £129 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C5HYHYB/

Still not bad for 20 euros provided Vodafone dont mess up your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

do these work with Android/Apple/Windows? Can you connect more than one device at a time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

daheff wrote: »
    do these work with Android/Apple/Windows? Can you connect more than one device at a time?

They work with any device with Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure if important, but from Vodafone X's t&c
    Eligibility: This Offer is only available to new and existing
    Vodafone customers that are students or under the age of 25.
    This Offer has been specifically created for students/under 25s
    with a valid student card or ID. For age verification purposes you
    will be asked to provide valid proof of age as Vodafone may
    require. Student offers are standard practice and are regularly
    seen across many businesses e.g. student travel cards, retail and
    cinema discounts. Vodafone reserves the right at its absolute
    discretion to modify this Offer and to open this Offer to other
    individuals as and when Vodafone see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

positron wrote: »

ageist T&Cs. !!!

positron wrote: »

They're from Vodafone X CONTENT T&Cs (when you got free Spotify/Sky etc) months ago.

There is no Student requirement to be on this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Ordered a sim from 48. Hopefully it will be seamless as above. Thanks OP.
    For the record i have a pair of these already and love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

daheff wrote: »
    ageist T&Cs. !!!

These are the T&Cs - https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html
    These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms. These terms form part of your agreement with us. The terms are as follows:

- This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.

- Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.

- To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.

- Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/free-galaxy-buds-2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.

- Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.

- Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.

- Once the order process is complete, the free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered to the customer’s provided address on the Vodafone accessories portal within 5 working days.

- This Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other Vodafone offer, including but not limited to the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme. For the avoidance of doubt, customers who join Vodafone X as referees through the Refer a Friend programme are not eligible to receive free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds pursuant to this Offer but this does not exclude students who avail of this Offer from subsequently partaking in the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme as referrers.

- The Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds cannot be exchanged for cash.

- This Offer is strictly subject to availability and while stocks last.

- By deciding to avail of the Offer, you agree that we will provide you with service before the expiry of your 14 day cancellation period and you acknowledge that you may be liable for any service charges incurred during the cancellation period even if you cancel the contract.

- Vodafone Ireland reserves the right to amend or terminate this Offer at any time without prior notice.

- Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time and/or to vary or amend any element of the Offer at any time without further notice.

- Vodafone further reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions for valid commercial, technical or operational reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Do they actually ask for I.D when joining?

Luap wrote: »
    Do they actually ask for I.D when joining?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Anyone know whether this can be done in store?

Anyone know whether this can be done in store?

The link says online exclusive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Problem is till stock last. I never got google mini promised with broadband. I was told stock was over.

Get 1000+ customers to port with stock of 100 only. Smart business deal.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after order a sim from them for this offer? I ordered 2 on Friday but didn't receive anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Did anyone get a confirmation email after order a sim from them for this offer? I ordered 2 on Friday but didn't receive anything.

I recently ordered a handset (with a port) and never got a confirmation email for that. Terrible system but the handset did arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got my SIM today....but its not activated so cannot top up ! Chasing them on phone now

Got my SIM today....but its not activated so cannot top up ! Chasing them on phone now

Usually takes a few hours I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Usually takes a few hours I think.

Ok so i just put in phone and wait ?

If you are using the number waiting to be ported then continue to use it in the phone until the signal drops. It definitely took a few hours when I switched to the data user plan they had a few years back.

When did you order your sim?

If you check the tracking on the envelope the sim arrived in you can see if the post man marked it as delivered yet. Some do it at the time, some do it at the end of the day. The thing is Vodafone won't begin the port until it's marked as delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Got my sim today called up to start the porting process, was told on the phone that they sent out the wrong sim. Great start! Won’t be staying more than 28 days anyways as going to 48 next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I got my SIM in post today but I'm getting a message to say SIM NOT PROVISIONED message. Does that mean it's in the process or porting or what?

Not sure if I'm to wait for it to kick in on phone, or if I've to go onto Vodafone website to top up.

Advertisement