Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Knock runway blessing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Quackster wrote: »
    If you think they're all as nonsensical as each other, how are you being sectarian?

I never said that I was.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I never said that I was.

Let me rephrase so the meaning of what I am saying can't be misinterpreted; if one thinks they're (i.e. religions) all as nonsensical as each other, how is one being sectarian?

Quackster wrote: »
    Let me rephrase so the meaning of what I am saying can't be misinterpreted; if one thinks they're (i.e. religions) all as nonsensical as each other, how is one being sectarian?

I'm not bothered about what you think about other religions. I've enough to be doing fighting my own corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm not bothered about what you think about other religions. I've enough to be doing fighting my own corner.

It seems you don’t understand what the word “sectarian” means.

It seems you don’t understand what the word “sectarian” means.

Ohh burn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ohh burn

Isn’t that’s what you’re going to do in hell for lying about people?

Isn’t that’s what you’re going to do in hell for lying about people?

I'm not lying about anyone. The runway in Knock has been being blessed for years without any issue.

For some reason this time the usual anti Catholic foaming at the mouth types are out beeling about it.

Ohh burn

You're in particularly foul humour this morning Rural Dweller.

Did the sun not rise over the haggart this morning? Did you lose a heifer? Don't you feel the fizz and vigour of a bright September morning bubble right up inside you to smell the last of the blackberries fattening on the briar?

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." One of the psalms. Even the Old Testament is telling you to cheer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

For some reason this time the usual anti Catholic foaming at the mouth types are out beeling about it.

Dont feel special little pet, you're not being singled out. All religions are as stupid as Catholicism. It just happens your one performs more of its pageantry in Ireland than the others do .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I hope it was a mixed faith blessing with at least COI there and not just RC taking over things as they like to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You're in particularly foul humour this morning Rural Dweller.

Did the sun not rise over the haggart this morning? Did you lose a heifer? Don't you feel the fizz and vigour of a bright September morning bubble right up inside you to smell the last of the blackberries fattening on the briar?

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." One of the psalms. Even the Old Testament is telling you to cheer up.

To be fair, its a bleak time for the poor lads, what with evil people fornicating all over the place. Thats without even getting on about them the gays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Very good from Varadker. Boris Johnson is a comedy PM, absolutely everyone taking the piss out of him. That's what he gets for the buffoon image he cultivated.

Even the Catholic church are at it.

To be fair, its a bleak time for the poor lads, what with evil people fornicating all over the place. Thats without even getting on about them the gays.
    If Jesus Christ were knocking around today, I can't imagine he'd have much truck with blessing runways or calling happy, well-adjusted people "degenerates". Historical Jesus, at least, would be offering his last fag to a man with only half a fag, and asking the man on his way to evening devotions "What good are you?"

Wouldn't quite share your views on Christianity, mind. The most sincere Christians I know are eminently decent and full of positivity, without veering too far into hysterical evangelism.

A woman followed me up Westmoreland Street on Tuesday morning she said" Good morning Jesus loves you" and gave me a card for her church. She was doing it for everyone. I thought that was lovely, half of them nearly took the head off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

We are the one true faith.

Descendents of the first Pope,Saint Peter.
    All Protestants please repent and rejoin the Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’m sure they say something similar about Catholics!

OK but the Protestants have made some demands. You'll have to allow the church of Ireland to bring its pew-cushions. The Anglican derrière bruises like a peach on the devil's saw-bench.

The northern Presbyterians want Joseph to be given biceps and a barbed wire tattoo because he looks a "soft Taig". Meanwhile, Eileen Paisley is walking around in circles waving a placard that reads "Cuck".

The Baptists want baby Jesus draped in the flag of Israel for reasons that nobody really understands, and the Society of Friends has written a passive-aggressive letter to say that Mary looks too complacent for a women with nothing to show for the bake sale.

The Jehova's Witnesses are refusing to attend your ecumenical gathering, as the last three times they showed up you pretended not to be at home. In any event, today's apocalypse is scheduled for sundown

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You’ll never get the prods to believe in the “magic”, they’re all about the “representations”.

“Transubstantiation” leaves a bitter taste in their mouths. It would be a “red line” issue.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to be fair, there have never been any fatal plane crashes at knock so this tactic does seem to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Shhhhhh. Find some wood to knock on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ Legend Wrong Octagon

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is a hill of beans.
    blesed are those who expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed

• Advertisement

You’ll never get the prods to believe in the “magic”, they’re all about the “representations”.

“Transubstantiation” leaves a bitter taste in their mouths. It would be a “red line” issue.
    Narcissism of small differences, I reckon Emmet. Most people are only thinking of their parking disc by that stage of their Sunday worship.
    Bang of "University Politics" between competing ministers, like two brothers with stones in their pockets arguing the price of wethers. Stay out of it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I remember been brought to some cottage in the west where Mary appeared on a slate.... I would have been around 10-14

I really think it was similar to father Ted and the mystery cough cough of the image on the skirting ... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If Jesus were to come back today and visit Ireland, his first comment would be ‘what is all this Roman Catholic Shiite...sure I was a feckin’ Jew, if your going to follow me, would at least join my religion ya feckin gobshiites!!’

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Inasmuch as I despise many aspects of Islam, at least they don't go worshipping burnt pieces of toast or tree stumps with supposed images of holy people.

You might be a bit quick to praise that shower.
    Sure the hajj thing is their 'bus to Knock'.
    Have you seen them throwing stones at 'the devil' (a rock pillar or something).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning_of_the_Devil

Advertisement