Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Surprised at that, was expecting a couple of pounds under.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

McGregor in exactly 170lbs, said he was well below weight during week and lead up to fight. Lot of bs talked by McGregor camp in lead up to this fight. While cerrone camp has being quiet. Cant wait for fight now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

hots wrote: »
    Surprised at that, was expecting a couple of pounds under.

Yea thought maybe 168, this will have an effect on his cardio but my improve his punching power to get Cerrone out of there early. Maybe he's learnt in the previous 170 fights that he needs that extra power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

mdwexford wrote: »
    Well love him or hate him it’s exciting to have him back.

Hoping he wins tomorrow and calls out Masvidal for international fight week. Heading over so that would be a class main event.

That guy would destroy Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Agree that masvidal would kill McGregor, he just too small for the big main contender welterweights. There diff animals. McGregor is a small welterweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭xtal191

Masvidal is not a big welterweight, Cerrone and Diaz are probably bigger than him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

For those who have bought a BT PPV before (I realise the number is likely slim, lol), am I right in thinking that you can't rewind or pause etc?

I know you can't record it.

Thinking of staying up for this one but figuring out timing. Main card starts at 3 so I'll probably start into the prelims at half 1 and squeeze those and the FP prelims in before the main card starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

DrPhilG wrote: »
    For those who have bought a BT PPV before (I realise the number is likely slim, lol), am I right in thinking that you can't rewind or pause etc?

Thinking of staying up for this one but figuring out timing. Main card starts at 3 so I'll probably start into the prelims at half 1 and squeeze those and the FP prelims in before the main card starts.

Can’t record????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Not sure how BT/Sky do it but in North America there is no issue with recording/rewinding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

EOgODmPX4AAiTVD?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EOgN-oJWAAIaIzv?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

mdwexford wrote: »
    July, first or second Saturday more than likely.

Cheers. Was just thinking is he subbed in for khabib or tony. That would be some run of fights over 7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Conor is giving up 8-10 pounds. It's ballsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

xtal191 wrote: »
    Masvidal is not a big welterweight, Cerrone and Diaz are probably bigger than him

Taller? Yes.

Bigger, thicker, more solid? No way. He blitzed Cerrone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

If Conor puts on an old style clinic 2moro then expect 2020 to be amazing, would love him to get another fight (if he wins 2moro) before fighting Khabib again. Justin Gaethje is the rumoured target, I suspect Masvidal would be end of year fight.

Taller? Yes.

Bigger, thicker, more solid? No way. He blitzed Cerrone too.

A little thicker and more solid but not a crazy amount imo, still wouldn't consider him a big welterweight. He used to make 155 but there's zero chance Usman, Colby, Woodley, Edwards etc proper welterweights could ever make 155.

Don't get me wrong I still think he'd prob run through McGregor but he's def not this massive monster people make him out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yea thought maybe 168, this will have an effect on his cardio but my improve his punching power to get Cerrone out of there early. Maybe he's learnt in the previous 170 fights that he needs that extra power.
    170 is his normal weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

akelly02 wrote: »
    Can’t record????

I double checked this with Sky support earlier, and was told if you order from your remote, you can record, but if your order online or over the phone you can't.

Seems odd, but she assured me this was the case, and confirmed it would work for BT Sports PPV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

It's fair to say Masvidal would not make LW these days without a serious concerted effort and steady cut.

He's probably bang in the middle of what a WW walks around at - something around the region of 180. And he can likely drop any of them.

Conor fighting him at that weight is ill advised at best. At 155 it would be competitive.

Found it curious during the week that Conor said let's see what he (Masvidal) is on the scales. Not sure of implication of comment.

In theory, BMF could be catch weight. Perhaps a deal is being worked on.

I don't think Conor wants anything to do with Masvidal or Usman etc, its just all talk

• Advertisement

I double checked this with Sky support earlier, and was told if you order from your remote, you can record, but if your order online or over the phone you can't.

Seems odd, but she assured me this was the case, and confirmed it would work for BT Sports PPV too.
    Feck. Had it ordered through the remote, then clicked it online to be sure and it has cancelled the recording so I can now only watch live.

On the phone to Sky now to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I actually cant believe its impossible to watch this legitimately unless your a sky subscriber.

Sky/UFC are not leaving Irish customers many options.

vw7jpvz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

US2 wrote: »
    I actually cant believe its impossible to watch this legitimately unless your a sky subscriber.

Their loss. If I could've bought it I would have, but I can't thanks to that ridiculous situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

We have no choice, people. Plenty of people are happy to pay their money for this fight (not me) but have no choice.

Archaic formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭weemcd

Did a breakdown for anyone who's interested in that sorta thing:

“Cowboy vs Notorious — The Showdown” by @mcdamien88 https://link.medium.com/lamlZarAk3

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Planman82

I was on the phone to Sky yesterday and I asked that. True you can’t record but she said you can definitely pause and rewind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just ordered directly through the box, and it let me record. Now just get up early on Saturday, and watch it without the phone to avoid the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just ordered directly through the box, and it let me record. Now just get up early on Saturday, and watch it without the phone to avoid the results.

Treat yourself to a lie in tomorrow and get up and watch it on Sunday instead ;)

• Advertisement

Planman82 wrote: »
    I was on the phone to Sky yesterday and I asked that. True you can’t record but she said you can definitely pause and rewind

Even on one bought online? If I had stuck with the one ordered through the box I could record. But if I got up at 1 for example and paused the live show, could I then get a few hours kip and play catchup from 1?

Spent 30 minutes on the phone to them earlier and the guy hadn't a clue. He eventually referred me on to the Facebook chat support and when I asked what their opening hours were, he googled it!

Advertisement