Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clutch for Ford Focus

Options
  • 06-01-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, i have to have a clutch in a 2010 Ford Focus Diesel tdi style replaced. Does this model have the Dual Mass wheel type?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

rex-x wrote:
    Yes

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

What's a ballpark figure to replace the clutch and flywheel on a Focus diesel? I've heard it's €1500 and upwards. Labour being the biggest part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I paid €1,200 for a new clutch and second hand gearbox about two years ago, in a 2012 focus diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

Im getting it done for €800. Reputable mechanic..new parts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

Hi,

Great to find this thread. In the same boat. I need to find a dual mass clutch for a Ford Focus 2010 1.6 also. I was given a broad €800-€1000 quote for it yesterday, a price I was honestly a bit shocked at. Not so sure after perusing above.

What sort of price should I expect to pay for this job in Dublin? Is there any website where we could request a quote from a wide range of qualified mechanics for that just as we used to be able (are still?) to search for a specific car part across many mechanics/garages?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

Hi,

Great to find this thread. In the same boat. I need to find a dual mass clutch for a Ford Focus 2010 1.6 also. I was given a broad €800-€1000 quote for it yesterday, a price I was honestly a bit shocked at. Not so sure after perusing above.

What sort of price should I expect to pay for this job in Dublin? Is there any website where we could request a quote from a wide range of qualified mechanics for that just as we used to be able (are still?) to search for a specific car part across many mechanics/garages?

Thanks.

That's about the right ballpark to be honest, you won't be getting it done cheaper using quality parts

Advertisement