Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 Boards Fantasy League

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

After the overwhelming success that was the 2007 version :rolleyes: I'd like to have another pop at setting up a boards league on Yahoo. I won't do so until I get 12 solid names on here. We have a few more posters than this time last year, so maybe we can get a full complement of interested people.
    Post here if you want to play!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

zuutroy wrote: »
    After the overwhelming success that was the 2007 version :rolleyes: I'd like to have another pop at setting up a boards league on Yahoo. I won't do so until I get 12 solid names on here. We have a few more posters than this time last year, so maybe we can get a full complement of interested people.
    Post here if you want to play!

Yeah sure why not? I'm in...keep me posted please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

I'm interested in playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

God loves a trier :D

In....obv.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

I'm defo interested in a fantasy league. Pass on details when there are more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

We're gettin there...BD, pm the top 10 posters here over the past year and demand they enter! It'd be nice if we played for a tenner a man or something, that way people might be a bit more into it, but I dunno how we'd organise the monies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm interested. Keep me posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

Count me in.

I can't wait to unleash the power and fury of AJ Burnett on all of you! Well, at least until he gets his first injury in mid May!

WATPOAE wrote: »
    until he gets his first injury in mid May!

Optimist eh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

In.

OK So thats 8, and we've still a good 6 weeks before the season starts...looks like we might be in business...I'll wait until we've a full 12 and then organise a draft etc.

• Advertisement

What style of play will be used.. (points, Rotisserie or Head to Head)

I always liked rotisserie best myself....

sounds good.. sure once we have 12 you can post up the league details

zuutroy wrote: »
    It'd be nice if we played for a tenner a man or something, that way people might be a bit more into it, but I dunno how we'd organise the monies.

If we could trust one member get them to set up a PayPal account and deposit the money there?

Can someone explain the difference between the various 'styles'?

Head To Head: You would have 12 in league. Every week there are 6 matches, i.e you would play one of the other teams. Then you would get 1 victory if you win over the course of a week on the various stat categories. You could also play points head to head where say if there was 10 scoring categories and you win 7 against the team you are playing you get 7 points. oh so on playing a new team every week.

Rotisserie: All 12 play against each other. Say there are 10 scoring stats, you have a ranking scale in each stat. For example, if you take RBI as the stat, the person whose team has most rbi's would have 12 points and right down to 1 point for the team with least. The 10 scoring categories that we use as example means that the most points one could have is 120 (10 cat x 12 points for top position)

Points: Basically each stat is attached to a point. Say 1 point for a hit etc.. Your players score based on this.

Hope that helps.. If not google fantasy baseball systems or something, that might help

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Head To Head: You would have 12 in league. Every week there are 6 matches, i.e you would play one of the other teams. Then you would get 1 victory if you win over the course of a week on the various stat categories. You could also play points head to head where say if there was 10 scoring categories and you win 7 against the team you are playing you get 7 points. oh so on playing a new team every week.

Rotisserie: All 12 play against each other. Say there are 10 scoring stats, you have a ranking scale in each stat. For example, if you take RBI as the stat, the person whose team has most rbi's would have 12 points and right down to 1 point for the team with least. The 10 scoring categories that we use as example means that the most points one could have is 120 (10 cat x 12 points for top position)

Points: Basically each stat is attached to a point. Say 1 point for a hit etc.. Your players score based on this.

Hope that helps.. If not google fantasy baseball systems or something, that might help

No, that's clear enough, cheers.

I guess I would prefer rotisserie or points. But we could also have a cup competition at stage in the season using head-to-head (playoffs maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Howdy folks, I'll join in if there's still room.

Maybe its time to set up the league and post the password on here?? Its been a while since anyone new has posted. That way any one browsing might just sign up to go along with our 8 names here? What you think zuutroy??

OK, I'll get on it later today....

• Advertisement

Ok here's the linky

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/134620

The password is: jaysws2008

:)

Join up!

Great password!!!!!!!!! Thought soxws2008 might be more appropriate but sure everyone has their faults!!!

League id is 134620 for anyone who is having problems. the link will say you are not part of this league, so just sign up and you'll be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

I'm signed up.

I keep getting 'invalid password' :D

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I keep getting 'invalid password' :D

lol...:p

Signed up-team name is 'The Bull Durhams'.

Anyone want to post a draft guide? I've never played before.

Its a live draft so on that date sign in before the draft and follow instructions. Draft order will be pre-determined. 12 players so round 1 consists of 12 picks.. Each person will draft one player per round, in reverse order. i.e if you are pick 1 then you will be pick 12 in round 2, pick 1 in round 3, pick 12 in round 4 etc..

If you cant be there for live draft, go to your pre-draft rankings and rank your players (at the moment they are ranked according to yahoo) and your picks will be automatically selected for you.

Hope that helps

Cheers-I'll do some research between now and 1pm PDT on 19th March.....

Would be good if we had a chatroom type gig for that night, if everyone was around?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm useless with time difference. What time is the draft Irish time? I then have to convert it to Perth time.....

Edit: Ok I think there's 16 hours time difference once the summer daylight savings comes in for the US on March 9, with us being ahead, so that should make draft time 5am on the 20th my time.....ugh. Can anyone correct/confirm this?

• Advertisement

Its 8 pm Irish time on the 19th, so that would be 7am depending if the 16 hours ahead is eastern time i think. This post is 1.22 irish time if that helps!! Confusing alright..

Advertisement