Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intervarsities 2004 - 2005

• 13-09-2004 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

So far the year ahead looks like this:

Competitions Before Christmas:
    6th November: DCU Intervarsity
    7th November: Dublin Archers, FITA 18m (at DCU)
    27th November: Carlow IT Intervarsity
    28th November: Dolmen Archers, FITA 18m (at Calow IT ??)
    4th December: Maynooth Intervarsity
    5th December: Lexlip FITA 18m (at Maynooth)

Nothing confirmed for after christmas, but the British Indoor Championships are on the 19th Feburary, once the host for that is decided we might want to ask them if we can send a team. Also UCD will probably hold their intervarsity on the last week of Feburary or first week of March.

Intervarsity Scoring:
    I suggested a change in the scoring system over the summer and it was largely accepted, but more people are arround now so i'll mention it again.
    For the teams, instead of giving 10points for first place and so on, the actual score of the team is your points, total points scored at the end of the year is the final team score. Its basically the same system, just more accurate.

For individuals, it had been discussed several times that the system was very harse on anyone missing a competition. There the suggested system is this, again your competition score is used instead of 10 points for first and so on. Also your worst score of the year isn't counted, not shooting at a competition counts as zero. So if there are 6 intervarsities then your best 5 scores are added together to give your final score. This also allows everyone to have a ranking, and to compete against other archers, however you shoot, instead of just the top 5 archers competing for points.

Advanced Archers:
    Every club should check to see which of their members are advanced archers and which can still shoot as beginners. the list is on the UCD site under Results - Intervarsites. Incidently i've updated the ucd site so it should be a little better now i hope. www.ucd.ie/archery. If you name is listed on the Advanced archers list then you must shoot 40cm targets or barebow, if your not listed then you can shoot as at 60cm beginner targets, if you wish. If you think there is a mistake in the list, that you should or should not be on it, then let me know i'll try and fix it ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

works for me... could lead to a good finish to the season if the individual scores stay as close as they were last year!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Site seems to work better than before, especially under firefox but...

MY EYES! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES! :P Any chance of tonning down that backround a little? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

I use firefox myself now so i'm starting to make it work with that, the menu works fine but a lot of the text and tables have the wrong alignment, will look into it at some stage.

I don't see what's wrong with the background, (the red text is left over from the previous version, it will be changed), its better than the previous background, but everyone seems to dislike this one, must be losing my eyesight in my old age. Will try a different background when i get a chance.

P.S: I redid the ucd site in one day and i see the DCU site has been down for a while now, should we expect a master piece? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Aryzel wrote:
    I use firefox myself now so i'm starting to make it work with that, the menu works fine but a lot of the text and tables have the wrong alignment, will look into it at some stage.

I don't see what's wrong with the background, (the red text is left over from the previous version, it will be changed), its better than the previous background, but everyone seems to dislike this one, must be losing my eyesight in my old age. Will try a different background when i get a chance.

P.S: I redid the ucd site in one day and i see the DCU site has been down for a while now, should we expect a master piece? ;)

Afraid our webmaster's fled the country, best check to make sure none of our funding has gone missing too (not that what we get'd even be enough for a coffee on the plane! :rolleyes: ).

Aryzel wrote:

Yeah... Masterpiece. Unlikely. :P I dunno why it's down really. Should've been left up until a replacement was ready but that's just my opinion.

The new chair/ex-webmaster seems to be the one working on it. As farohar stated our webmaster is gone. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Turin

Hey Everybody!!!
    I'm back! For those of you who know me I'm glad to be back and for those of you who don't just ask the old hands about the 399 beginner. lol!

Just to let you know that there will be a new team on the horizon! Athlone I.T (My new College) are in the process of setting up an archery club and we hope to have the interest and equipment to allow us to train and compete in the IV's this year! I'm am not too sure if we will have the chance to host a comp ourselves this year but I'll keep you informed as things progress!

Well thats all for now I hope to see you all soon, still shooting as a beg with a new team behind me!

Conal.

You mean a new team on front of you? :P

Hahaha.... Couldn't resist. Good luck to ye anyhow. You've your own equipment anyhow so you can turn up to the inter-varsities and represent your new college!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's the Athlone girls I feel frightened for! :eek:

Trinity really need to get their act together and set up a team or they'll be the only college without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Have to book yet, but UL intervarsity PROVISIONALLY set for the 20th November.

Regards

Ewan

hmm, is that a good idea? it would mean 4 intervarsities in 4 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

I agree aryzel.

The calendar before christmas is already pretty full.

Also, Kilkenny archers are having their FITA18 on sunday 21st of November

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

I have to agree there. i think tryin to get all the time off work in a row would cost me my job, and it'd be a bit of a pisser not havin a weekend off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Fair enough, was only weekend I could get a field captain, so will have to ask Robert Dagger or someone to do it.

Will prolly wait till after christmas so.

Regards

Ewan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

How bout the end of March. Easter is the weekend of the 26/27th of March this year so a good date might be either the 2nd of April (same as last year almost) or a week before Easter on the 19/20th weekend, providing you're able to book the hall for any of those weeks of course.

If it was on the 19th, the IVs after Xmas would be nicely set up for a week/on week off run of 3 IVs in 5 weeks; UCD on the 19th of February, GMIT on the 5th of March and UL on the 19th of March. But have GMIT committed to hosting one? Is Paul Burke still about?

If they don't, DIT might try and step in and fill the gap but I'd prefer to know as early as possible. There's no need for 7 IV during the year, we're looking at a fixture pile up already!

British indoor champs have been changed, they are now on the 5th march. just though i'd mention it.

P.S: Hello from Budapest

Thought DIT already booked something for March or there abouts??

Eh thats a negatory. We were gonna have one in place of UCD cos they were saying last year that it was too expensive for them but they're having one now so thats off. We feel that 6 IVs a year is enough, especially with three of us in final year this year. If GMIT don't have one however, we could probably host an Intervarsity.
    If people really want another one on top of the rest to make it 7 IVs, we could probably oblige too but the way I see it, we're struggling to get a week off between them at the minute. I know the early Easter is partly to blame for that but I welcome opinions/news from GMIT/invitations to stick it where the sun don't shine nonetheless.

We're postponing both the IT shoot and the dolmen archers shoot till after christmas

It's now on the 29th and 30th of January

That's literally the weekend after we finish exams in DCU.

Dunno what sorta team DCU would be sending to that. Don't think I'll be around at the time anyhow...

If that date doesn't suit some colleges I can put it back till the next weekend

• Advertisement

its the week maynooth is back aswell.....

DIT are good for either weekend. Whichever suits

putting it back a week would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

i dont mind either way.. but hopefully i wont be the only dcu person there at another shoot!!! :o)

Hopefully indeed. That was a crappy incident that should never have happened.

*vows to kill a few people for various reasons*

*offers sacrifices to Maire*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Sacrifice??

i can offer interesting and painful methods if you should so wish....

Ok, The Carlow IT intervarsity is now on saturday the 5th of February and the Dolmen archers shoot is on sunday the 6th of February

Both are being held in Carlow IT sports hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bruce Arch

I just wanted to mention that there is a break at UCD from March 14 to April 2. Maybe that could be considered when setting up the Intervarsity dates for next year as some (like me) won't be around at that time.

Advertisement