Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to clean Vertical blinds

• 26-11-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Vertical Blinds.png
    Sorry pic might not be attached correctly. Vertical window blinds need to be cleaned. Has anyone else have come across this. Just wondering if I can put them in the washing machine at 60 deg or do I need to get them dry cleaned? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have blinds like those, and have some HG blinds cleaner I use to wash them in now and then. It was bought ages ago in the Netherlands, and I can't find it on their website any more so it looks like they've discontinued it.

Anyway, I'm not sure there was actually anything special in that stuff that wouldn't be in a normal washing detergent, but the instructions were to fill a bath with water at 20 deg C, add some of the cleaner and let them sit in it for 15-30 minutes, rinse in clear water, let them sit for another 30 mins rolled up and then hang them up to dry, so no washing machine involved. I'd imagine they'd probably get destroyed in a washing machine to be honest.

So, I'd probably try doing the same thing, but using some liquid laundry detergent instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks Alun - that's very helpful

Advertisement