Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Installing an outdoor socket and light

• 25-11-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

I bought an outdoor double socket. The plan is to put it on the block built shed.

There is a consumer unit in the shed. This is powered from the main house CU and is on its own circuit.

There is 1 (internal) double socket, the ceiling lights and an outdoor pir light powered from the shed CU.

Can I spur off the socket for the outdoor socket? If so, is there anything I need to know or do that I may not think of? A double pole switch is one thing I've read I should install.

Can I add a second pir light from the first one? The cable for the pir light is run internally to location of the light and goes through the wall into the light. Is it possible to 'daisy chain' from this one to another. Should the cable be split inside the shed and run to the new location internally?

The shed was only wired in 2015 so it's up to current standards.

Advertisement