Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 likely to be man made

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think the Nazis would have gone for herd immunity...
    Plus won't all these masks make it harder for CCTV and facial recognition systems to work in public?
    I would have thought anyone concerned about privacy would welcome a reason to wear a mask.
    That's what Bill Gates' secret Satanic tracking chip is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

According to Davide Icke there is a surge in what he calls mask mouth. Another victory for George Soros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

NaFirinne wrote: »
    Various scientists have now come out and said that it's very likely that Covid 19 is a man made virus.

There no evidence this is a man-made virus. The reality is it's a nature virus
    and origin it came from bats.

I think most people are confusing statements here that scientists are claiming a lab created an entire new virus from nothing, that's unrealistic here for this type of virus.

Tampering with a bat viruses is not science fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

There no evidence this is a man-made virus. The reality is it's a nature virus
    and origin it came from bats.

I think most people are confusing statements here that scientists are claiming a lab created an entire new virus from nothing, that's unrealistic here for this type of virus.

Tampering with a bat viruses is not science fiction.

it's a great excuse to implement policies not seen since world war 2 though.

Look at New Zealand with the lowest number of covid cases implementing camps for anyone who is a confirmed or in close proximity to a confirmed case.

implementing camps for anyone who is a confirmed or in close proximity to a confirmed case.
    Lol.

Again, why do you guys have to be so dishonest to promote your conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

it's a great excuse to implement policies not seen since world war 2 though.
    Look at New Zealand with the lowest number of covid cases implementing camps for anyone who is a confirmed or in close proximity to a confirmed case.

Not seen since world war 2?
    Not sure what you're on about, USSR had camps for political dissidents.
    Such countries don't need the excuse of pandemics.

The people NZ are isolating are there for no other reason except they are suspected of having an infectious disease.
    They aren't being put there for political reasons.
    They will be released when their medical treatment and quarantine period are over.

It's tenuous and offensive to the real victims of such camps to draw an equivalence.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Not seen since world war 2?
    Not sure what you're on about, USSR had camps for political dissidents.
    Such countries don't need the excuse of pandemics.

The people NZ are isolating are there for no other reason except they are suspected of having an infectious disease.
    They aren't being put there for political reasons.
    They will be released when their medical treatment and quarantine period are over.

It's tenuous and offensive to the real victims of such camps to draw an equivalence.

People being quarantined against there will. What happens to people who refuse?

Can't you see that this is just the start.

People being quarantined against there will. What happens to people who refuse?

Start of what? When you're wrong, will you admit it? Or will you be one of those that doubles down after every failed conspiracy/prediction and start lecturing us about the next step to enslavement?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

People being quarantined against there will. What happens to people who refuse? Can't you see that this is just the start.

Ireland has had such legislation since world war 2 and is a legacy of previous diseases such as TB.
    It's not the start of anything. It's part of ending this virus or at least keeping a lid on it until a vaccine is available.
    There is no conspiracy theory connecting to such legislation.

There is zero evidence Western democracies are abusing such powers as a means of silencing or suppressing political opponents.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ipso wrote: »
    Start of what? When you're wrong, will you admit it? Or will you be one of those that doubles down after every failed conspiracy/prediction and start lecturing us about the next step to enslavement?

If I'm wrong yes I will admit it. I sure hope so.

Just looks to me like the world is starting to shape up to almost like the book of revelation told us about thousands of years ago.

I think in another 5 - 10 years we will see a lot of troubled times. With people being hugely divided.

Just look at the US...it's at the brink of a civil war. What happens to the rest of the world if it does go into an actual Civil War. Would that weaken the US so much to allow other Super Power like Russia and China to gain far more power then the already have and then using that to pressure Governments to follow their mandates.

Covid19 does originate from a natural virus. However this natural virus could have been easily manipulated by man too evolve in a way to make it more deadly to humans.

For example, They have a sample of covid that effects a certain animal. They try genetically modifying this but it fails or doesn't work very well.

So instead the purposely infect other animals which in turn allows the virus to evolve naturally, to become more effective across a number of species.

While a virus could seam totally natural. It doesn't mean that the original virus has not being manipulated by man to create different strains through infecting other types of animals with it and allowing it to evolve under lab conditions.

• Advertisement

Just looks to me like the world is starting to shape up to almost like the book of revelation told us about thousands of years ago.

And there it is.

Well for one, the bible didn't predict anything. There's no such thing as supernatural prophesies.

Secondly, you cats have been claiming this for as long as the book of Relevations has been a thing.
    We've been in the "end times" for a very long time. And it's always just around the corner.

But again, why do you have to be so evasive and dishonest to promote your conspiracy theory?
    If it's true and not just fantasy, wouldn't that mean you don't have to make stuff up and lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The start of what?

There's a pandemic, we're taking common sense steps to stop it. You seem to be suggesting something else is happening, what is that something else exactly?

Please be specific.

Edit: just read the book of revelations reference, indeed, there we have it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Augeo wrote: »
    Why does general waste not suffice? I believe it's incinerated.

You think all "general waste" is incinerated?

King Mob wrote: »
    Well for one, the bible didn't predict anything. There's no such thing as supernatural prophesies.

Secondly, you cats have been claiming this for as long as the book of Relevations has been a thing.
    We've been in the "end times" for a very long time. And it's always just around the corner.

But again, why do you have to be so evasive and dishonest to promote your conspiracy theory?
    If it's true and not just fantasy, wouldn't that mean you don't have to make stuff up and lie?

It's the excuse countries needed to implement dicatorship like controls around the planet.

And they are not just designed to combat covid19. They are designed to enslave their populations.

Look at this law being implemented in Australia for example.

Authorities in Australia have given themselves the power to have police remove children from the custody of their parents in order to ensure compliance with coronavirus rules.

Schedule 2 of the COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020 amends the Emergency Response Act 2004 to create new powers during “declared emergencies.”
    Section 25 of the act states the following;
    —Removal of children
    (1) Without derogating from section 25, an authorised officer may, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with any direction under that section, remove a child from any premises, place, vehicle or vessel to a place of residence of the child or to a hospital or quarantine facility, as the authorised officer thinks fit (and may, in doing so, use such force as is reasonably necessary).
    A child is defined as anyone under the age of 18.

It's the excuse countries needed to implement dicatorship like controls around the planet.
    Sure. Like when exactly that was claimed in all the previous Pandemics, natural disasters and other noteworthy events.

Your claim isn't different this time.
    And they are not just designed to combat covid19. They are designed to enslave their populations.
    Lol. Why are you claiming such a ridiculous thing? You're destroying any crediblity you might have had.
    This hyperbolic nonsense coupled with your stated belief in the book of revelations is making you very unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

This thread is speaks volumes of society today.

People resorting to making reference to the bible now.

Stay off social media, Wikipedia and follow the guidelines. Whether you believe it to be true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

I believe its man made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Psychlops wrote: »
    I believe its man made.

Okay, so why do you think most the world's experts are wrong and what really happened according to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Authorities in Australia have given themselves the power to have police remove children from the custody of their parents in order to ensure compliance with coronavirus rules.

That's the one country where any misuse of that power is going to get particular scrutiny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

This lady (Dr. Li-Meng Yan) with tricky accent to follow along to, very recently interviewed for 10mins, on a prime daytime tv show in the uk claims at 3:40 claims this wuflu is man-made, repeats claim (a lab based origin) at 4:45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lq3_rsBJ9w

The 'loose wimin show' is yer typical non-stop chatty-chatty show of wimins type issues and celeb type news, so clearly don't ever watch it. But the interview is starting to get picked up by various national level press (mostly tabloid however), outlets. https://www.itv.com/loosewomen/articles/virologist-dr-li-meng-yan-coronavirus-cover-up-claims

She's gonna publish the genome sequence in a few days, so she says, which wil prove her claims so order in the popcorn.

Li-Meng Yan or Limeng Yan, is a Chinese virologist and whistleblower who says that the Chinese government {and the World Health Organization} knew about person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 much earlier than reported. She was one of the first experts asked to examine a cluster of cases emerging in Wuhan last year.

The 'loose wimin show' is yer typical non-stop chatty-chatty show of wimins type issues and celeb type news, so clearly don't ever watch it. But the interview is starting to get picked up by various national level press (mostly tabloid however), outlets. https://www.itv.com/loosewomen/articles/virologist-dr-li-meng-yan-coronavirus-cover-up-claims

And as we all know, day time chat shows are just a rigourous with their peer review as any other scientific journal.

And as we all know, day time chat shows are just a rigourous with their peer review as any other scientific journal.
    As we know, any personal testimony ever in the history of litigation, is/was/should always be regarded as 'a load of aul baloney'.

Particularly from a Chinese 'virologist' and whistleblower.

Sure what would she know.

Perhaps we'll find out, or perhaps we won't in the coming days, then an evaluation can be made. Of course, 'some with bias have already made their minds up' before the lady has been given the chance to supply her evidence as she said she would shortly (days).

As we know, any personal testimony ever in the history of litigation, is/was/should always be regarded as 'a load of aul baloney'.
    Personal testimony doesn't have a ton of weight by itself in science.
    Most scientists publish findings in respected journals where they can be reviewed and verified.
    Most whistleblowers go to actual media outlets to do the same thing.

Daytime chat shows aren't going to subject claims to the same level of scrutiny because they are more concerned with sensationalism and attention grabbing claims more than accuracy.
    Particularly from a Chinese 'virologist' and whistleblower.

Sure what would she know.
    But what about all the other experts and virologists who say that the virus isn't man made?
    Sure what would they know?

Or are you claiming their all in on your conspiracy?
    Perhaps we'll find out, or perhaps we won't in the coming days, then an evaluation can be made. Of course, 'some with bias have already made their minds up' before the lady has been given the chance to supply her evidence as she said she would shortly (days).
    No.
    This will most likely be forgotten and just become background noise.
    When she doesn't present any actual good evidence, you will claim it's due to the conspiracy.
    It's pretty convenient feature of conspiracy theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Emme wrote: »
    If I can't walk into a shop without a mask for fear of infecting anybody why can I take my mask off and put it into an ordinary bin? If I exhale Covid-19 particles into the inside of the mask do they suddenly stop being virulent once I take off the mask?

Also people are not being instructed in the correct way to put on and dispose of a surgical mask. Anyone who works with patients in a hospital is taught this and used masks in a hospital setting are considered to be clinical waste. Clinical waste in hospitals and laboratories has to go into special biohazard bins. That includes used wound dressings, swabs from patients and in laboratories any waste deemed hazardous.

I would have thought that used facemasks and gloves worn to prevent Covid-19 were hazardous waste. If they are put into ordinary bins they might eventually get incinerated but not straight away. I put my used masks into a plastic bag which I tie shut (like a doggie poo bag) and burn them when I get home. Yes, burning-plastic-bad-make-Greta-cry, but which is more hazardous, burnt plastic fumes or hazardous waste from a virus we are told is deadly enough to justify shutting down the global economy for months.

There are used facemasks thrown indiscriminately everywhere. It is difficult not to walk on one as you make you way (masked of course) about your business in any village, town or city. If the pandemic is as bad as we are being told this is spreading infection and will ensure lockdowns don't end any time soon.
    they wouldn't follow it anyway,people going around with masks in their back pocket then put them on going into a shop

When* she doesn't present any actual good evidence, you will claim it's due to the conspiracy.

This rather worringly, simply re-demonstrates your approach to everything e.g. 100% non-stop and constant closed-mind denial.
    *I.e. (you) are 'assuming the outcome' of a future, (i.e. a 'yet to occur' event).

Why use the term 'when', when 'if' is more appropriate?
    That in itself is a conspiracy, that you alone have now created.

Surely any intelligent and reasonable person on the other hand, would say, 'well let's wait and see what she produces' (after telling 1.3 million loose wimin viewers, across 10mins of interview time, that evidence would be produced in a few days time).

Either i) she produces the goods, or ii) she doesn't.
    A very simple black or white event.
    There is no real conspiracy to be had outside of that (in regards to Dr. Li-Meng).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

The Chinese with their Chinese food and virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

At this stage with all the secrecy around the covid19 virus from China, anything is possible. The genomes are very important in terms of vaccine development but afaik China have refused to release the original genomes they have sequenced.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    At this stage with all the secrecy around the covid19 virus from China, anything is possible. The genomes are very important in terms of vaccine development but afaik China have refused to release the original genomes they have sequenced.
    Good point, (if, not when) Dr. Li-Meng does have the genome sequence, and it's a match for the initial Wuhan strain of COVID, things could get interesting.

Guessing this would essentially be a simple data file, easy to distribute and store (without error), containing specific details that folks in white coats can verify if they are supplied with it.

Anyway guess time will tell if she does have some sort of press conference, release or statement early next week.

Advertisement