Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

I'd say metal fans are among the best, super friendly, great nix, plus they understand the rules with moshing and wall of death. Black Sabbath in 2017 had a great mixed crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

DarMul17 wrote: »
    I'd say metal fans are among the best, super friendly, great nix, plus they understand the rules with moshing and wall of death. Black Sabbath in 2017 had a great mixed crowd.

lol just googled the wall of death... amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Metal crowds are the best crowds around. Knowledgeable, appreciative and generally speaking, betray the dark and mean tough look by being as meek as lambs really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Metal crowds are no problem.You'll always have a few ejits whenever a big group of people gather to listen to live music, but metal crowds are generally pretty cool. And respectful enough, most of the moshing and insanity goes on towards the front of a gig, you can easily avoid it if you have no interest. Slipknot should attract a fairly diverse crowd for a metal gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

That being said a slipknot crowd would attract the biggest percentage of gig **** I find the general etiquette of the crowd worse for slipknot then pretty much any other metal band out there but as said above keep towards the middle or back and you won't even notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

That being said a slipknot crowd would attract the biggest percentage of gig **** I find the general etiquette of the crowd worse for slipknot then pretty much any other metal band out there but as said above keep towards the middle or back and you won't even notice.

I’m pretty sure some other genre’s would attract a worse crowd. Was it swedish house mafia a few years ago where a few people were stabbed?

Highly doubt you’d even come close to that at a slipknot concert (even though it’ll still be rowdy which to be fair is what you’re saying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Degag wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure some other genre’s would attract a worse crowd. Was it swedish house mafia a few years ago where a few people were stabbed?

Highly doubt you’d even come close to that at a slipknot concert (even though it’ll still be rowdy which to be fair is what you’re saying!)

Yeah meant it more in a metal specific sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My hopefuls-

AC/DC for Slane
    Pearl Jam

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can see Slane 2020 been announced sometime in the autumn with AC/DC been the headliners

Really hard to guess who will be touring next year. Rumours of Guns N Rose's, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Pearl Jam touring Europe in the summer of 2020. Paul McCartney maybe in Europe

Wishlist for 2020 for gigs here
    Tool
    Alter Bridge
    Bruce Springsteen
    Garth Brooks (although think that ship has sailed and hes happier touring stateside and making his millions there)
    Pearl Jam

Won't have to worry about Alter Bridge anyways, they confirmed on their Twitter a while ago that they'll be in Dublin sometime in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Won't have to worry about Alter Bridge anyways, they confirmed on their Twitter a while ago that they'll be in Dublin sometime in 2020.

Only worrying with them is upcoming album, stuff off it so far is bang average imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Only worrying with them is upcoming album, stuff off it so far is bang average imo.

I think Take The Crown is the strongest of the 3 singles released from Walk The Sky.

Or maybe it's because they've worked with Michael Baskette on the boards since Blackbird - maybe a change of producer for the 7th album in 3/4 years time wouldn't do them and him any harm. He's also done the Tremonti records, and the last 2 Slash, Myles & The Conspirators albums, along with Myles's Year Of The Tiger solo album.

Wouldn't hurt either to break the new album every 3 years cycle they've going on since One Day Remains, take a page from Slipknot's book, and put AB on hiatus for an extended period of time.

TL;DR - New singles will probably be better in a live setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Do you think Aphex Twin might do a standalone gig this time when he gigs Ireland again, what sort of venue would accommodate his type fan base in Dublin these days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 matthewbyrne7

Do you think Aphex Twin might do a standalone gig this time when he gigs Ireland again, what sort of venue would accommodate his type fan base in Dublin these days.

Aphex Twin apparently asks for crazy money these days so the chances of MCD or Aiken paying him would be slim...

3 Arena?! My mind is still blown they booked Bjork to be honest haha

I hope Aphex can do festivals at some stage in the next few years and can only see the likes of Picnic getting him. Forbidden Fruit of course as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I imagine Taylor Swift will be back to Ireland next year with the release of Lover
    Having said that she didnt come here for her Red tour so who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Isobel Campbell plays the Empire Music Hall, Belfast, on January 31st and the Liberty Hall Theatre, Dublin, on February 1st.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

exilec wrote: »
    Any dates or venues ?? Thanks

Supergrass reuniting to mark 25th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

The Nal wrote: »

Excellent news !! Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bombay Bicycle Club
    Vicar Street
    10/02/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    Very fluffy article

Indeed but its a bit of an open secret at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Editors announce a live show at Vicar Street on 2 March 2020. Tickets on sale Friday 13 September at 9AM

Editors announce a live show at Vicar Street on 2 March 2020. Tickets on sale Friday 13 September at 9AM

ugh they love their midweek gigs! :(
    Enjoy anyone who gets to go

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any chance of a REM reunion and tour in 2020 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd say near zero chance, if not zero. Michael Stipe is doing a handful of solo appearances in New York but that's about it.

SlimyThoroughAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Definitely not.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Definitely not.

It would be fantastic but I doubt it sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Nal wrote: »

Great news. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Advertisement