Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is it a guarantee to get the ticket yeah?
    yes i think everybody is guarenteed their tickets

yes i think you are guarenteed your tickets

Where can you buy the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just turn up on the day and youll get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to get tickets

No great mystery or trick. Just organisation, work, patience and luck:

I usually go with a group of 4-6. We each have everyone's registration numbers. Agreement of the group is that EVERYONE tries to get tickets and also includes at least one other person helping them. So you would have 8-12 people trying. Just remember to have notepad or something open with all details including Credit Card details etc. You don't want to get through only to have to root into your wallet/purse for your card.

I always have friends/family saying: Oh, you are always so lucky going there. I'd LOVE to go. The conversation is always the same:

"Oh, I saw Glastonbury last year on TV. Looked great. I'd LOVE to go. How do you get tickets?

"Register: Here's the link. Then, when they go on sale make sure you are ready to try immediately and have as many friends trying for you at the same time"

"Oh, they go on sale on a Sunday morning? Oh, jeez, that's pretty tough"

"Well, if you can't go on the Internet for an hour on one Sunday morning with a few friends then you're really not cut out for a 3 day camping music festival"

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

marvin80 wrote: »
    How do ye manage to get tickets every year?

I went once a few years ago but since then never have any luck getting tickets when they go on sale.

We managed to get tickets 2 years in a row, but then missed out on the third year. We decided to try for the bus package tickets the following year. Missed out on them in the general sale but we managed to get bus tickets from South Hampton no problem and flew to there and back from Dublin.

Sigh, other festivals are not turning my head this year so far! Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’ve got tickets for Forbidden Fruit and Mad Cool Festival in Madrid. I’ll get a ticket for picnic too I think.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 hero77

pity no glasto this year :(

cocker5 wrote: »
    Yes a little early i know.. but anyone already ear marked this in :)

we booked our package yesterday (with festival tickets) :D

only 18 months to go.......

thank you for your help

• Advertisement

yes i think everybody is guarenteed their tickets

thank you for your help

how much does the tickets cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

around £245.
    you pay a £50 deposit when booking the tickets in October, the balance in March. if you decide not to go, you can get the deposit refunded (minus processing fee which was £15 last year).

Originally Posted by paulmurphyvec View Post
    around £245.
    you pay a £50 deposit when booking the tickets in October, the balance in March. if you decide not to go, you can get the deposit refunded (minus processing fee which was £15 last year).

Just remember to register first. It's so easy to put registration on the long finger only to find out it's closed when you remember to do it. Registration is free of course and you only need to do it every 5 years or so (Can't remmeber exactly)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

3000 jesus

You're really paying a premium there

I’m not sure I’d do it even if I could afford it. Those campsites are a good bit off site. I could see the pyramid stage from my tent last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’m not sure I’d do it even if I could afford it. Those campsites are a good bit off site. I could see the pyramid stage from my tent last year.

Not entirely true the one I’m staying in you can see pyramid stage too from
    A distance but still ... I t’s directly beside gate C - takes 10 mins walk in each morning etc.

Anyway.. to each their own and all that ....

57 weeks today and it all kicks off

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

I usually go with a group of 4-6. We each have everyone's registration numbers. Agreement of the group is that EVERYONE tries to get tickets and also includes at least one other person helping them. So you would have 8-12 people trying. Just remember to have notepad or something open with all details including Credit Card details etc. You don't want to get through only to have to root into your wallet/purse for your card.

I always have friends/family saying: Oh, you are always so lucky going there. I'd LOVE to go. The conversation is always the same:

"Oh, I saw Glastonbury last year on TV. Looked great. I'd LOVE to go. How do you get tickets?

"Register: Here's the link. Then, when they go on sale make sure you are ready to try immediately and have as many friends trying for you at the same time"

"Well, if you can't go on the Internet for an hour on one Sunday morning with a few friends then you're really not cut out for a 3 day camping music festival"

Sound advice thanks. On the list for next year.

So can I have myself, the wife, brother in law and sister in law all trying with just mine and the mrs registration details?

thebusher wrote: »

So can I have myself, the wife, brother in law and sister in law all trying with just mine and the mrs registration details?

No everyone needs their own registration numbers .. but you can all take a list of all your details and all for if you apply at the same time .. will better ur chances

No everyone needs their own registration numbers .. but you can all take a list of all your details and all for if you apply at the same time .. will better ur chances
    You need to be able to identify who you are buying the tickets for. While there are names/location options, given the speed required to purchase the tickets, registration number and postcode is the fastest option

• Advertisement

thebusher wrote: »

Yes, you can have as many people trying as you want. You will not be lumped with multiple tickets. In the event that someone gets through, buys the tickets and, seconds later somebody else also gets through to buy tickets, they will not be able to buy them as the registration number now has tickets assigned. (It is a handy way of confirming you have them if the site crashes part way through entering details.)

You need to be able to identify who you are buying the tickets for. While there are names/location options, given the speed required to purchase the tickets, registration number and postcode is the fastest option

yip thats what i was saying.. they should keep a log of everyone registration details.. all try for tickets at the same time.. and if one person gets in they buy for all the persons going

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

yip thats what i was saying.. they should keep a log of everyone registration details.. all try for tickets at the same time.. and if one person gets in they buy for all the persons going

Yea thats what I was hoping.

Thanks for the replies from both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Hi all
    Gonna try again for tickets for 2019. Have tried on and off for a few years with no luck. Had a good old read through alot of the Glastonbury 2017 thread, some great tips, do's and don't etc...
    Theres 5 of us heading, going the campervan route. Were split between booking a campervan @ home driving over via Holyhead or booking 1 in Bristol. I've a few fairly feisty quotes from Bristol, cheapest around £1300 for the early Thursday to Monday. I have a quote from a crew in Antrim for a 6 berth for £850. 
    Anyone book a campervan in Bristol (or England) and fly/drive instead of driving from Ireland?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

H
    Theres 5 of us heading, going the campervan route. Were split between booking a campervan @ home driving over via Holyhead or booking 1 in Bristol. I've a few fairly feisty quotes from Bristol, cheapest around £1300 for the early Thursday to Monday. I have a quote from a crew in Antrim for a 6 berth for £850. 
    Anyone book a campervan in Bristol (or England) and fly/drive instead of driving from Ireland?
    That's our plan next year.. we already booked a 6-berth from Motorhome Holiday Co in Bristol but they do a fully refundable deposit if you don't get tickets, which is a big plus!

We hired a CV in Roscommon last year and went via Rosslare -> Pembroke but it's a long hard slog really and what was really awkward for us was that anywhere that really CV's closes essentially at 6pm so had to drive CV back to Sligo (since ferry was in about 7pm) and then clean it and bring it back up to Roscommon.

CV in Bristol is costing us a bit more but for ease of it all, plus money saved on ferry over, plus diesel saved (etc).. it's more than worth it IMO.

Basq wrote: »
    H
    That's our plan next year.. we already booked a 6-berth from Motorhome Holiday Co in Bristol but they do a fully refundable deposit if you don't get tickets, which is a big plus!

We hired a CV in Roscommon last year and went via Rosslare -> Pembroke but it's a long hard slog really and what was really awkward for us was that anywhere that really CV's closes essentially at 6pm so had to drive CV back to Sligo (since ferry was in about 7pm) and then clean it and bring it back up to Roscommon.

CV in Bristol is costing us a bit more but for ease of it all, plus money saved on ferry over, plus diesel saved (etc).. it's more than worth it IMO.

Great..yeah, same company. Full refund if unsuccessful in Oct, 50% in April for the resale. Would the West CV spot @ Glastonbury already be filled if we arrived midday on the Thursday? Ideally Wednesday, but we're all well into our 40s and the 4 days already is stretching us to the limit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Do kids need tickets? If so is there a specific family ticket or family camping area? Thinking of bringing 9yr old and 7yr old.

under 12's go free according to the 2017 thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great..yeah, same company. Full refund if unsuccessful in Oct, 50% in April for the resale.
    Yep, fantastic really considering we had one company tell us we had to pay for 3 nights if we cancelled anytime after the first 72 hours.
    Would the West CV spot @ Glastonbury already be filled if we arrived midday on the Thursday? Ideally Wednesday, but we're all well into our 40s and the 4 days already is stretching us to the limit.
    We arrived about 4pm at Wednesday last year and we were already practically in the last field of West CV.. albeit near the front of a very large field. They do ram people in however.

EDIT: On reflection, there may have been another one or two fields behind us... there was high trees at back of the one we were in but there probably was a few more. I'd say you probably will get a space in West CV but definitely aim to be as early as possible on Thursday.

Oh, and best of luck on T-day.

• Advertisement

As far as I know you still have to register them and get them tickets though

Advertisement