Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm surprised they haven't changed or toned down his character with all the recent stories that have come out

Definitely, but I guess they are still another tone deaf wrestling company at the end of the day. Not that I'm going to complain in this case though, Steve is funny and clearly the butt of the joke and the girls were able to stand up for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OMG who is this in the Impact Zone it is Renee Old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"They took our beer!"

Wrestle house is the most entertaining part of any of the weekly wrestling shows for me.

This week's Impact has a dig from Brian Myers at Vince and Eric Young saying "I was elite before being elite was cool". So covering both of the competition.

"They took our beer!"

Wrestle house is the most entertaining part of any of the weekly wrestling shows for me.

This week's Impact has a dig from Brian Myers at Vince and Eric Young saying "I was elite before being elite was cool". So covering both of the competition.

Same here, it's the segment I look forward to the most each week.. short, simple and funny

I never thought I'd say this but Alisha Edwards reminds me of AJ Styles.
    Not in her talent, obviously, but when they both try to do comedy it seems so awkward for less scripted stuff, as can be seen from AJ in things like Mixed Match Challenge

• Advertisement

Eric :) Counter programming lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm enjoying Impact these days. Wrestle House was silly fun but got across the personalities of the wrestlers. Susie and Rosemary are just fire.

I was a bit iffy on Deonna at first but she's growing into the role.

Eric Young has been immense since returning.

Really recommend the show.

Boo! No more Wrestle House.
    Enjoyed that fight throughout the house.

Wonder if WWE would try and lure Jordynne Grace away.

Boo! No more Wrestle House.
    Enjoyed that fight throughout the house.

Wonder if WWE would try and lure Jordynne Grace away.

Jordynne certainly is unique enough for them. Impact women's roster seem strangely yet admirably loyal as I would have thought the likes of Hogan, Taya and Rosemary would have been monitored heavily by outside interests.

Speaking of unique, Can't get more unique looking than Katie Forbes? Is any part of her real? Just the abs alone don't go with the rest of the body. I was surprised to see she's only 29.

• Advertisement

Aww I'm going to miss Wrestlehouse, it's been must-watch for me the last few weeks. Very funny stuff and considering most of the people involved were lower card it did a great job of getting their characters over, I really hope now though that they find something for everyone to do back on the main show, but I think time wise it just won't be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Was surprised that Young won, thought Eddie would have had a longer run with the belt. Swann vs Young at BFG maybe? Could throw Edwards in for a triple threat.

Read that the location EC3 gave Moose was Maryland, where ROH tape tv. Could be a crossover soon? Would be good if Gallows & Anderson with Impact could lead to them working with New Japan again too. For me companies working together, like AEW and the NWA recently, can only be good for the fans.

I wasn't mad about Eddie's run. Young has come back with a bang so I'm fine with him winning the title. I really like the explosive nut job character he's carving. Can't remember the last time a world championship was won and the person being more interested in continuing the beat down than lifting the belt.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The TNA game is 12 years old!

I think most people hated it because of its limited CAW and was quite hard but dude, when u get the hang of the reversal system it's amazing!

Our very own Garrett Kidney did a great retrospective on it:

Moose making a call to a demo god to see what to do when someone steals a title.

I wonder did they try and get some of the contracted WWE Legends on Cameo to say hire Heath.

The Rock is going to appear on Impact he will part of the induction of Ken Shamrock into the Hall of Fame.

It will be by video link but still that's a big get for them.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1309580218114465798?s=20

Sometimes his social media game irritates but Rock genuinely seems like a nice dude.

I'm wondering if Susie is going to fully relapse just in time for Rosemary and Bravo's wedding, speaking of which I still can't believe a company would still run such an angle. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Good Brothers Vs. The Motor City Machine Guns set for Bound For Glory

• Advertisement

They have a show this weekend as well.
    Susie has a title shot. Will see if she changes to Su Yung

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

For anyone who does not know impact weekly show is on free sports and ppv are on Premier sports 1 UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

EC3 confirmed to appear in ROH. Maybe there was some truth in the coordinates on the map that Moose was looking at. A working agreement between Impact and ROH could be good for both, ROH have been killing it recently with the Pure Title tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Preshow for Bound for Glory has started on premier sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Impact really has its share of unknowns and bums doesn't it....

Impact really has its share of unknowns and bums doesn't it....

I'm ok with their roster for what Impact is to be honest, the stars that they have take prominence while the rest are just used to fill out a show. That's how it should be.

But having said that Impact's problems are still plain to see. Bad production was on show at various points on their biggest night of the year. For example Josh Matthews having problems with his set from the very beginning and Heath/Rhino started their backstage promo too early and being counted down again. Even with the pandemic there's no excuse for that. Matthews freaking out over the wrestlers in the gauntlet match getting too close to them was hilarious as well. It sounded like a genuine gaffe as opposed to being planned.

Speaking of Heath, looks like he injured himself badly in the gauntlet match and the ending was changed on the fly, as I can't see
    Rhino being the original winner of that match.

It was a fun show all the same and Impact for me is still the most watchable wrestling happening if you're like me and just enjoy the silliness of it all while not trying to be meta like another show.

Jordynne held her own in the X Division match anyay.

Surprised they had
    Su win. So 2 Impact champs in that household now.

But yeah noticed a few times the bad production. As mentioned above the Rhino/Heath bit and when they first went back to Johnny/Rosemary backstage had Josh saying can we get audio.

As for the Rock appearance, they weren't shy about using his name. Even with the actual induction, when they showed it on the main show they showed his video then just had Josh summarise Ken's speech

• Advertisement

I assumed the reason they didn't have a recap of Shamrock's speech on the main show is because it was brutal. :P

Advertisement