Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB TV

• 13-07-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Decided to sign up and have a two week free trial if anyone interested..
    PM me email address

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

hey, hows mlb tv working out. Thinking of signing up seeing as I'm not paying for BT Sport and there isn't much baseball on ESPN anyway. Also can you watch it through a smart tv or do you need and x box or ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    hey, hows mlb tv working out. Thinking of signing up seeing as I'm not paying for BT Sport and there isn't much baseball on ESPN anyway. Also can you watch it through a smart tv or do you need and x box or ps3?

If you can hook your computer to your TV with a HDMI lead, you're sorted. Or if you have an Apple TV, you can watch it direct from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

BT Sports ESPN has had a fair few games this week so far. Theres been a game every night at midnight or after, 2 early games yesterday, the Brewers v Giants is currently on and the Tigers game is at midnight. I see 6 games Friday night through Sunday night on the schedule. I signed up for the football but I'm pleased to see plenty of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Coeus wrote: »
    BT Sports ESPN has had a fair few games this week so far. Theres been a game every night at midnight or after, 2 early games yesterday, the Brewers v Giants is currently on and the Tigers game is at midnight. I see 6 games Friday night through Sunday night on the schedule. I signed up for the football but I'm pleased to see plenty of games.

Yes, so far so good with baseball on ESPN. There's a lot of fluff on BT; lame studio stuff and fringe sports. Might get better when football starts.

• Advertisement

I signed up to MLB Tv because of the timing of the games so I can watch them anytime I want. It's great so far, I will probably buy an Apple TV so I can watch them on the big tv but so far I've been watching them on the laptop. Quality is excellent I must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've been watching from my computer all season. Which is fine but not as good as a large TV

I finally got around to downloading the Xbox 360 app.

If you have a 360 and Xbox live then you can easily watch your MLB TV subscription on your TV

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've been watching from my computer all season. Which is fine but not as good as a large TV

I finally got around to downloading the Xbox 360 app.

If you have a 360 and Xbox live then you can easily watch your MLB TV subscription on your TV

Love it

Have no problem watching MLB TV on my laptop, but originally bought it cus I heard it was viewable on Play Station. Friend was flogging a PS3 for a 100 quid and I got MLB.tv for 120 quid or something.

Ends up they don't stream in Ireland on PS!

Dose!

Anyone flogging a cheap xBOX? :-)

Recently downloaded the MiLB.tv app , First Pitch for iPAd as I have an Milb account as well.
    Tried to watch a game and it tells me I'm not authorised to.
    It sees my location is Ireland. Are there rights restrictions? I can listen to the audio alright.
    MLB works fine and it recognises me as being in Ireland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

I signed up for MLB.TV Sunday. Only so much of the Yankees v Red Sox I can handle on ESPN. Especially as I don't support either. I'm impressed with the service. I have as Asus transformer pad which wasn't on the list of supported devices but works perfectly and has a HDMI outlet so I can watch on my tv. Well worth it.

• Advertisement

Finally got MLB working on my PS3.
    Had to set up an american PSN account in order to download the MLB app from PS US store.
    Now it's working great!

Finally got MLB working on my PS3.
    Had to set up an american PSN account in order to download the MLB app from PS US store.
    Now it's working great!

Did you get that MILB app to work in the end?

Nope, not yet.
    Not much info around about MILB either...It has to be streaming via iPad restrictions? I can watch it fine on PC.

Got it working!
    Ended up even though I bought the two together (MiLB and MLB) it doesnt renew both when you confirm the MLB subscription....buried in the Intro Mail is the link to confirm the MiLB subcription prompting to you to return as an existing customer and starting the sub.

In short, I didn't read the full email....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just bought mine now, must have a special on for the premium as it is on $49.99 for the season, which worked out at €36.75

Get on it if you haven't already:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just bought mine now, must have a special on for the premium as it is on $49.99 for the season, which worked out at €36.75

Get on it if you haven't already:D

That's a great deal in fairness. I've been so busy that I've only watched about 5 or 6 games on mine so far this season, although I use the At Bat app extensively which is free with it.

Tonight's Astros game is the first full game I've watched in about a month...and it's a free game of the day!

(Starting to get a seriously soft spot for the Astros)

8-10 wrote: »

Not a bad time to be liking the Astros. They're coming on and with that stockpile of no1 picks coming through, they could be very good in a couple of seasons.

Not a bad time to be liking the Astros. They're coming on and with that stockpile of no1 picks coming through, they could be very good in a couple of seasons.

Yep exactly. Should make that division even more interesting.

3rd best record of the last month too, 18-10 I think, can see them being a .500 team next year already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

8-10 wrote: »
    That's a great deal in fairness. I've been so busy that I've only watched about 5 or 6 games on mine so far this season, although I use the At Bat app extensively which is free with it.

Tonight's Astros game is the first full game I've watched in about a month...and it's a free game of the day!

What?? Against my Dbacks!!!

They'll probably though as Brandon McCarthy is useless and Dallas Kuetchal is a good pitcher.

boccy23 wrote: »
    What?? Against my Dbacks!!!

They'll probably though as Brandon McCarthy is useless and Dallas Kuetchal is a good pitcher.

Dbacks won it. Ex-Red Sox Bronson Arroyo got the win despite a sore elbow. Poor game overall though. Nice seeing Singleton for the first time. Arizona tried the shift and he made a mockery of it hitting to opposite field easily with no cover

• Advertisement

Does MLB Premium include the post season games?

Does MLB Premium include the post season games?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Just wondering if anyone is using the app on pas4 or xbox one? Considering getting a console soon so was wondering what feedback anyone might have on watching mlb tv on each platform.

10 day free trial via MLB.com if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just wondering if anyone is using the app on pas4 or xbox one? Considering getting a console soon so was wondering what feedback anyone might have on watching mlb tv on each platform.

Im using it on PS4,in order to download the MLB app i had to create a new user with an address in the US. Once i completed this i could accesss a lot more apps to download on the US version, select MLB and download. Once downloaded it should appear under your original user id when you log on to the PS4.

Quality is pretty good, you have options to skip to certain plays, what inning you want to watch etc. I love it tbh cos it meas i get to watch MLB on my tv:D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ergo

special offer today $12 for MLB TV for rest of season (I know it's nearly over, but still...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

The MLB Network channel is part of my Digital Basic cable TV package. Love it. Plus, I get the Yes channel (Yankees), SNY (Mets), CSN Phila (Phillies).

That time of the year again when it's time to subscribe. Looks like they have some new media player this season. Interested to see what that's like.

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?c_id=mlb&affiliateId=EDITORIAL&partnerId=ed-8931803-773652173

The one thing I hope they change is when you go to clickable line score and players up in that half inning are displayed so if there's four, well you know that inning doesn't go past 4 batters so it'd be nice if they could hide the batters or whatever.

I'm tempted by the MILB.TV offer as well as it's only an extra $25. Anyone subscribe to this before? if so, what's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

That time of the year again when it's time to subscribe. Looks like they have some new media player this season. Interested to see what that's like.

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?c_id=mlb&affiliateId=EDITORIAL&partnerId=ed-8931803-773652173

The one thing I hope they change is when you go to clickable line score and players up in that half inning are displayed so if there's four, well you know that inning doesn't go past 4 batters so it'd be nice if they could hide the batters or whatever.

That's an issue alright. They also need to lose the time bar in replays. It's obviously in the top of the 9th that the away team are not going to make a come-back if there's only six minutes of the broadcast left

• Advertisement

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    That's an issue alright. They also need to lose the time bar in replays. It's obviously in the top of the 9th that the away team are not going to make a come-back if there's only six minutes of the broadcast left

Yeah I agree with this - always a shame and hard to avoid

Advertisement