Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

I was just about to write the same thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Pricey. And the RDS too..probably the worst venue i have seen him in. Will still go if i can get a ticket, the price might put a lot of people off...but may become a potential Christmas present.

I was hoping for Slane, guess that's not happening next year. :(
    Aviva wasn't an option or?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm disappointed it's in the RDS yet again. Every other city, he plays one big stadium gig. Sure, because it's a small arena (in relative terms), it means we usually get multiple shows (three on the Magic tour, two for Working on a Dream), but I would have preferred Croke Park or the Aviva this time around.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

but I would have preferred Croke Park or the Aviva this time around.
    Me too so I'm waiting for the spanish dates. Barcelona would be very nice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 henrik51

I am a bit confused as to why I was told Croke Park by my source who was adamant. I doubt that a Tuesday night will be the only gig announced, more to follow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

RDS again - for fook sake and a Tuesday night also and the price of the tickets!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Lets hope the weather will be good unlike last time - fecking monsoon!!

Lets hope the weather will be good unlike last time - fecking monsoon!!

Saturday night - fail.
    Sunday night - win! :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement

New dates

Frankfurt, Germany 25th May
    Koeln, Germany 27th May
    Berlin, Germany 30th May
    Wien, Austria 12th July

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭big_show

Saturday night - fail.
    Sunday night - win! :D

Thanks for reminding me that buying both nights was so worth it! :D

The second show more than compensated for the first night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

RDS again - for fook sake and a Tuesday night also and the price of the tickets!:eek:

The ticket price is 25c cheaper than the last RDS shows in 2009, and yes they are very expensive, but even being very expensive you at least get your moneys worth with Bruce......

as for the venue - well I have the same issues as others with the RDS, but I'd much prefer it than Slane and both the Aviva and Croker have similar sound problems, so I'll live with it.....would have been nice for him to do a bit of a residency in the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

big_show wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me that buying both nights was so worth it! :D

Only went on Saturday. Started out wet but brightened up around half way through and it was a brilliant show. Think the weather actually added to it.

The Sunday show, by all accounts, was legendary. Was bulling I missed it. Won't make that mistake again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

At 86 quid I'm a lot more tempted by Hard Rock Calling now if I can get a ticket, on sale on Saturday so if I miss out then I can have this as a backup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id be the same about HRC but it would all depend on getting people to go or even go to Isle of Wight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

henrik51 wrote: »
    I am a bit confused as to why I was told Croke Park by my source who was adamant.
    What does your "source" work as? in gigs or taximan/"bloke down the pub" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

17th July is quite late for the RDS ,they usually have a moratorium on Gigs in the run up to the horse show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Worst night of the week and worst venue of all those rumoured.. annoying.

Anyone know if there is going to be a second night? I would prefer Wednesday, I wish they'd just announce two instead of this "by phenomenal demand" stuff.. can't take the chance on a gamble though so if I don't know by next Thursday morning I'll have a ticket for the Tuesday either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Any of you with a ufirst account with Ulster Bank can save 25% off the tickets if you're that worried about cost! Link

Any idea what the German tickets are likely to cost? And will he be touring thru the US at all?

Can't find the Berlin gig listed online, any ideas anyone?
    thanks

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Any idea what the German tickets are likely to cost?

My guess is 55 to 65 euros. Tickets for sale in 48 hours.
    @Phoenix Park
    http://www.o2more.de/e/o2-more/48826/bruce-springsteen-30-mai-2012-olympiastadion-berlin/index.html

New rumored date
    Sevilla, Spain 13th May as kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

_Lola_ wrote: »
    My guess is 55 to 65 euros. Tickets for sale in 48 hours.
    @Phoenix Park
    http://www.o2more.de/e/o2-more/48826/bruce-springsteen-30-mai-2012-olympiastadion-berlin/index.html

New rumored date
    Sevilla, Spain 13th May as kick off

wtf? Is he playing Phoenix Park?

lol :D

Jesus.:D
    Yes, Phoenix Park in Berlin. :D

Cheers Lola, is there a general date when the European tickets go on sale?. On brucespringsteen.net there is still only the UK dates listed. Might make a weekend away of it. Wonder if he'd sell out in German as quickly as the RDS. No mention as yet on the german version of ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Fukin RDS AGAIN? This will be the 6th and likely 7th time he plays the RDS in a row. It's getting like U2 and Croke Park at this stage. The predictability is becoming annoying. The issue of the price is causing a lot of negativity, and was among the headlines of the news on Newstalk Lunchtime and will be discussed shortly. Someone need to tell The Boss, that there is a huge difference with regard to the economy here compared to 08/09. The country is in receivership and it's really taking the piss to be charging us 25 quid more than the UK and other European countries. During the boom it was somewhat acceptable but to still be doing it really is frustrating. I mean at least hold the gig in a better venue like Croker or Landsdown to justify the prices.

I'll still be going obviously as Bruce is the best live performer on the planet in my view having seem loads of legends live who charge a lot such as Clapton, Elton, Rod, Macca etc - Bruce is without question worth it considering the epic show he puts on. My only issue is us being charged so much more than the UK when there is no longer an excuse, and the venue being a kip. I can see from Bruce's point of view though - he's going to sell out regardless where it is and the RDS would be a hell of a lot cheaper to hire for a gig than Croker and Landsdown. It's just a shame that he is'nt branching out and playing Slane this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

SB-08 wrote: »
    Fukin RDS AGAIN? This will be the 6th and likely 7th time he plays the RDS in a row. It's getting like U2 and Croke Park at this stage. The predictability is becoming annoying. The issue of the price is causing a lot of negativity, and was among the headlines of the news on Newstalk Lunchtime and will be discussed shortly. Someone need to tell The Boss, that there is a huge difference with regard to the economy here compared to 08/09. The country is in receivership and it's really taking the piss to be charging us 25 quid more than the UK and other European countries. During the boom it was somewhat acceptable but to still be doing it really is frustrating. I mean at least hold the gig in a better venue like Croker or Landsdown to justify the prices.

I'll still be going obviously as Bruce is the best live performer on the planet in my view having seem loads of legends live who charge a lot such as Clapton, Elton, Rod, Macca etc - Bruce is without question worth it considering the epic show he puts on. My only issue is us being charged so much more than the UK when there is no longer an excuse, and the venue being a kip. I can see from Bruce's point of view though - he's going to sell out regardless where it is and the RDS would be a hell of a lot cheaper to hire for a gig than Croker and Landsdown. It's just a shame that he is'nt branching out and playing Slane this year though.

1st point: You don't have to go if you don't want to. 2nd point: Slane is a kip - the venue, not the village. Also, you complain about it, but still say you're going to go??? :confused: Seems a bit contradictory imo.....?

• Advertisement

Cheers Lola, is there a general date when the European tickets go on sale? On brucespringsteen.net there is still only the UK dates listed. Might make a weekend away of it. Wonder if he'd sell out in German as quickly as the RDS. No mention as yet on the german version of ticketmaster.

Well, in that link in my previous post it says the first tickets go on sale in 48 hours (Germany). That's all I know for now but nothing officially yet.
    Milan tickets, on the other hand, going on sale today at 4 pm (eastern european time). Florence and Trieste on December 1st.
    http://www.ticketone.it/bruce-springsteen-biglietti.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=458554

Advertisement